Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kevan sledge just got ripped off

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magoozi, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Mike

Mike

I'll be watching for any of Kev's stuff at the swaps here in Phoenix this weekend and I'll put the word out to all the hot rod folks here.

Man, I hate theives!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  2. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

That's really sad. Sorry these things happen to anyone, but especially a guy down on his luck already.
    But I think you guys may be giving the thieves too much credit for stealing to order, or wanting this exact stuff. I think they simply stole anything they could carry that looked interesting. Might even have been someone who came and looked at the house if it was for sale and being viewed by potential buyers. Or they may have used the sale as a reason to look around. Lots of thieves use houses for sale as a way to get inside and look around, so never leave good stuff out in view when selling your home.

3. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Franco , please tell the art dealers, incase your painting pops up, also please tell the other Beanicks that have shops, incase some one trys to offer the stuff. thanks man , your friend Miguel.

4. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

We called him yesterday, and Marcy from the hamb. I still have to call austrian Mike, Bill Papke, and my friend from compton, I'll call Willy so he can keep an eye out in Long Beach.

5. If he has sold anything to anyone recently, and they came by the house to pick it up, they could know who might have it... Especially if told one of his less than honorable buddies "Hey, you shoulda seen all this Caddy stuff this guy in Riverside guy had!!"

Like Magoozi said, they knew what they were looking for... And if they did, chances are they are reading this right now...

6. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

Magoozi, I tried to send you a PM but couldn't. I may know of a way these jerks could try to sell this stuff but don't want to air it out here in case they're watching!!

7. I hate this crap and feel terrible for Sledge. Could it be possible the theives were losers who just took everything aluminum they saw and thought the Von Franco was cool so grabbed it too? The clothes, I don't know but just thinking out loud. I would head for all the local recycling places and offer good reward money for information. I will put $100 toward reward money if it is needed.

8. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

In one way or another things like this usually are inside, but it's possible an unknown could have seen or heard something. "Regular" thieves take whatever they can quickly and easily sell off without attracting attention, not weird stuff like this.

9. Roothawg

Roothawg

Someone whose wife/GF is the same size.

10. All I'm missing is the video camera in my set up. My garage was broken into prior to it being alarmed, minor stufff was taken, guess the thief was short on time or space to stash things for the ride home.

Still someone would have 15 minutes to pillage the place before the cops show up, but a ton better than nothing and I get a break on my homeowners insurance.

Bob

11. Even worse... when my place was robbed in 2002, they took my wife's frilly things and some other REAL personal items... one size fits most in that case.

Bob

12. Juke Joint Johnny

Juke Joint Johnny

Here's a thought; You mentioned "short sale", any time a property goes into default or forclosure and even sometimes before, the lender issues a work order through a property preservation company who then contracts out to another contractor to begin securing the property for the bank. I did this for a few years, I was one of the honest one's. With a work order, they can legally enter the property and if they're inclined to steal, they can have a field day! The banks are slow and many times just stupid, so many times a contractor will be sent out to do his thing even after you've caught up on payments, or even after the property's been sold and someone else is living there! Anyway, they would have instructions to make a full report of property condition, any hazards or damages, personal property still there, etc, etc. They would have to take lots of dated, digital photos for the bank and change one lock on any access door except the front door, for future access by the bank. So check your key to all your doors, if one's been changed you know they were there - call the lender and raise hell! They would obviously take there photos after they removed what they wanted, but you can still make a claim and at least check 'em out... Hope this helps!

13. Heo

Heo

Thats the big downside with this hobby
    being so popular this days. Much better
    when people thought you was craysy
    collecting old junk
    God thing thieves often are both stupid
    and cowards 11 out of 10 have pissed
    their pants when i found them and
    served them fresch knuckle sandwishes
    I hope he recover his parts

14. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

I got your PM but it won"t allow a reply.

EDIT: I saw Sledge's post and PM'd him directly. I hope I helped.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  15. That really sux. With this economy you're only going to see a lot more of this though. I was just thinking of selling my Caddy intake but I'll hang onto it a while longer now. Bad timing. Hopefully his stuff turns up fairly quickly.

16. BERNIES WELDING

BERNIES WELDING

i can appreciate how he feels. i had my t bucket stolen by a guy in riverside years ago and he sold my stuff and kept the money. i would like to set his place up and wait for them to come back and take care of them and then turn them over to the authorities.

i hope and wish him the best of luck in the recovery efforts.

17. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Sorry I havent got on here sooner but been busy trying to get the rest of my stuff out. Thanks for all the positive thoughts and NO this is not some sort of insurance scam. These assholes stole so much of my cool shit that I've collected for years and Im just disgusted. Luckily I had already moved a lot of stuff before they hit so they didn't get eveything but Im still out thousands and thousands of dollars and a lot of what they stole is irreplaceable. Yes, Im positive it is someone who I know and who has been to my house before because they knew exactly what I had and they took only vintage items so It's someone who is into vintage stuff (cars, clothes, records, etc..). This is not just random tweakers looking for a quick score because they didn't even mess with stereo stuff or any electronics. This is exactly the reason why Im moving out of So Cal., Too many thieves, liars, tweakers, thugs, and scum bags in general! Don't get me wrong there are a lot of great people here too but now the douche bags totally out weigh the good people and I've just had enough! Anyway here is a list of items below that were stolen and if anyone hears anything please please give me a call or shoot me an email. Also, there will be a nice "no questions asked" reward for anyone who can help me recover these items. Please call me if you know ANYTHING. Thanks! Kevan (714) 924-2249.

Stolen items:

1. Edmunds cadillac 2-deuce intake with 2 chrome 97 carbs for 331
    2. Edmunds Cadillc valve covers for 331
    3. Dragstar cadillac 6-deuce intake 331
    4. Offenhauser Cadillc valve covers 331
    5. Chrome cadillac valve covers 331
    6. Chrome 40 merc dash (bare with no guages or glovebox)
    7. About 10 appleton 112 spotlights in varous conditions
    8. Cadillac sombrero caps
    9. Chrome cadillac water pump 331
    10. Lots of tools, too many to list
    11. Von Franco Painting called "the Real" (it's a painting of Franco and me street racing in Paso Robles) it's about 3 feet by 3 feet in size.
    12. Vintage lady baltimore suitcases (green) filled with my wifes vintage clothes.
    13. all my wifes vintage purses 40's 50's 60's
    14. Vintage 45 recored
    15. vintage hot rod toys
    16. about 20 danbury mint diecast cars (hirohata merc, ala kart, 32 roadster, etc..)

This is a short list of what they got but there was just so much more. sorry I dont have any pictures right now but hopefully soon. Please call if you have any info! Thanks guys.

18. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

oh and there it is above

19. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Horrible, horrible, horrible. Sure sounds like a targeted effort. :(

20. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

This sucks. I'm real hip to caddy speed stuff. I'll keep an eye out. Especially those edmunds covers, they're your "eleanor" if you know what I mean. Can't be more than one or two sets for sale a year..

21. titus

titus

Sucks to hear about shit like this.

To me it sounds like someone he knows, and they did it to be personal, womens clothing? a one of a kinda Von Franco, cadi speed equipment, itd be like stealing a Monet!

Hope it gets found.

22. Muttley

Muttley

I'll keep my eyes peeled at the Fresno swap meet this Sunday.

23. RF

RF

I am--just barely two blocks away as a matter of fact. Was even at one of his recent yard sales. And of course, am into old speed equipment. But the only vintage parts I've ever stolen were ones I got smokin deals on at the swap or online. Kevan can attest to that. But, I'm not his only "friend" who lives nearby, nor the only one who knew what treasures he had--both in the garage and inside his house.

Every day I've driven past Kevan's since he started moving, I've always wondered if something like this would ever happen. Too bad I didn't put more thought into it and kept a better eye on his place while he's been gone. I will, however, keep my eye out for any of the speed equipment that may be floatin around.

24. seatex

seatex

THIS JUST F'KN SUX! Hope you get your stuff back, and the asshole gets what is coming to him! ENOUGH OF THIS SHIT, ALREADY!

25. Lots of big swaps comming up here in the NW...I'll keep an eye peeled

26. Bigdaddyhemi

Bigdaddyhemi

I agree he knew him and he also knew exactly what he was going for, Perhaps he even hired a couple of crackers to do the job for him. Just hope he is not a member on this site.

27. photoman

photoman
    from Texas

Man what a post. Some poor guy gets his whole life stolen and some idiot accuses him of insurance fraud.

28. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

The thieves were probably a pair, (creep and creepette) and wandered around inside like a treasure hunt. Tweakers are known for this action, entering and examining; picking up everything that matches their agenda.

The popularity of the genre is the obvious motivater here. It just takes greedy people of lowly character to act.

29. glassguyOC

glassguyOC
    from O.C.

the real question is which one of your friends did you recently have a falling out with? or is capable of doing this?

No random thief wants old records, Cadillac hop up stuff, a collection of spotlights, and toy cars. I mean, come on. This person is into rockabilly music and Customs and lives close by and knows when you are there or not.

30. Noname38

Noname38

That is some fucked up shit.