Register now to get rid of these ads!

Seattle Guy's Help Me with My Memory

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brigrat, Apr 5, 2011.

1. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

20 some years ago a buddy and I headed to Lynnwood? area's hot rodders garage to buy a set of ET III wheels. Inside the shop was a '33 or '34 Ford 5 window with a healthy set back Hemi, outside was a '53 Studebacker with a Carson top, running a multy carb FlatHead. Walls were covered with Flathead parts, heads, cranks, etc. Any of this ring a bell to anyone or was it a foggy dream .............................................
    Would like to see pic's of the cars if there around. Thanks

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  2. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Bump for the early bird crowd, than I will let it go .....................

3. Zerk

Zerk

Hell, now I want to see this too.

4. spooler41

spooler41

It may have been JIM GREEN,s speed shop. If I recall correctly, it was around 210th and Hwy.99,just south of Lynnwood. It also could have been " Flathead Jack",I know he had a 53 Stud. rag top and some 33,34, Fords. He also had a shop full of flat head stuff.

................Jack

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011

5. 66Coronet440

66Coronet440

I've been near Lynnwood fairly often if you want someone to scout out an area.

6. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Nope, I know Jim, lived by his speed shop back in the 70z on 196th.
    May have miss lead you, this was a private guys garage that he worked out of, like I said early Stude, chopped Carson top, multy carb flatty outside, inside a couple Harley's and the 33 34 Ford 5 window w/hemi and maybe a couple very fat fendered Fords outside as well.

7. spooler41

spooler41

Brigrat, did you read the 2nd part of post #4. Flat head Jack lived, just a little north of me ,on Dayton Av. and 130th. Like I said he had a 53 Stud. rag top, a 33/34 Ford cp.
    and piles of flat head stuff in his shop.He was also into building Harley's.

............Jack

8. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I see your edit, yep that's him! Whatever happened to him and his rods?

9. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I'm interested in seeing some pics too,I woulda been young at the time, but even as a little kid i never forgot a car, and i might just recognise them.

10. TwoLaneBlacktop

TwoLaneBlacktop
    from Burien

Yeah, Lets hear from him if he's still around. We'd all love to see whats in his garage.........

11. dubcee

dubcee

spooler41 = Flat Head Jack ????????????

12. spooler41

spooler41

Sorry guy's, Spooler41 , is not Flat head Jack. I didn't know him real well, but would stop and talk to him from time to time. He all ways had some great projects going on and was fun to chat with. Last I heard ,was he got divorced and moved on, that was in the late 90's. All his stuff disappered and I haven't seen him since. I do have a really nice sbc 350 i bought from him, thats still sitting in my shop. I retired in '06 and moved to P.A , so I don't get by there much any more.

...........Jack

13. Address from a notes taken in '96 as phoned to me tonight by Marty Strode

Larry Wakefield (Flathead Larry)
    1521 Dayton Ave. N.
    Seattle

14. spooler41

spooler41

Sorry again guy,s, Vintagegasser got it right. My 70 year old memory isn't as sharp as it use to be.At least we were talking about the same person. I also remember Larry as having a early 50,s Chev/GMC p/u with a big inline 6and 4 speed in it. any way thanks for the help .

..........Jack

15. john walker

john walker

there's no 1500 block on dayton. more like 3400 and up.

16. Perhaps posting the correct address as 12521 Dayton would have been more appropriate on my part.

17. lvlynyrd

lvlynyrd
    from Las Vegas

Vintagegasser, you mentioned Marty Strode. Wow, a blast from the past. Marty took my '56 chevy way back in the early 70's and moved the leaf springs inside the frame, made the rear a floater hinged to the leafs. New concept back then. Really worked. Buster couch once told me the car left harder than any car he had ever seen. A real ego boost for me. and a testament to Marty's work.