Register now to get rid of these ads!

Napa After VLV14 Any Suggestions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BronxMopars1, Apr 6, 2011.

1. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

me and my Ol Lady are heading to Napa for afew days After VLV14 in a couple of weeks Any Suggestions on places to visit, rod shops bike shops......Tattoo parlors?

2. Just up the road from Napa is the town of Calistoga. I highly recommend you take a spin up there. Google it for cool things to do. Also wear your wine goggles and take in some of the best wineries in the world in the Napa Valley.

3. Screamin J Pito

Screamin J Pito

Check out Garage Ink Studios in Napa. www.garageinkstudios.com Rob Struven and his guys are all super cool car guys and they do awesome work (usually booked out 8 moths though). There are TONS of breweries and wineries up there too. Also lots of good places to eat!

4. tractorguy

tractorguy

My absolute favorite part of the U.S. Yes, visit Calistoga, but check for races at the Calistoga Fairgrounds 1/2 mi. historic dirt track. Might even be some vintage dirt track stuff there when you visit. Be sure to spend a night in or around St. Helena. Great little town. Also, spend time at the Hess Collection Winery. Great winery, but there is an awesome art gallery on the grounds in an historic old stone building with beautiful exposed wood. And again......drink wine....eat....drink wine.....eat.

5. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Sweet! Thanks Fella's

6. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

You just missed the World of Outlaws race at Calistoga, last Saturday night
    Beautiful weather the last few days, supposed to start raining again tonight.
    The Wine Train is basically just a slow-moving, high-priced restaurant on wheels, and doesn't stop anywhere- you'll spend most of a day and have to drive back anyway to go anywhere, and pay through the nose for lunch or dinner. If you want some night life, get a place to stay in Calistoga so you don't have to drive, and start by visiting my friend Cat at Anna's Cantina in St. Helena ;) Good food on the way to Calistoga at Silverado Brewery, then the Hydro Grille and others for some tunes at night. Anna's usually has some music on Friday nights, too, but more to do in Calistoga at night. Hurley's or Pacific Blues Cafe if you're hungry around Yountville (Hurley's is great if you can get in)
    Make sure you're close to your home base (walking distance) before you get buzzed- the fuzz doesn't have much of a sense of humor about it :(