Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage World of Wheels Boston 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CHOPSHOP, Jan 17, 2011.

1. thanks god the king pins were there .... i swear ill never go to thank show .. yet i said that last year too .

2. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

yes at least they stepped up to the traditional plate- along with my wife ( the only non Kingpin in the Motorama section). Maybe next year people will actally show interest in doing the event - you get to see everyone and have a lot of fun.

3. any pics of the pin up contest ?

4. 554door

554door

Well actually my wife and her friends car club the Bombshell bettys where in the motorama section blackk 55 and Dodge 880. We know the kingpins tho

5. sweet i think i saw them ... went sat nite late .

6. 554door

554door

Yea it was kinda dissapointing seeing the motorama section so small. Wifes car club just started so only 2 members hopefully next year they will have more. Chopshop your wifes car is amazing,our car was sittin behind it. I admired that car all weekend.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How does a guy or couple go to any indoor car show and only spend an hour?

The cost is about the same as the Portland Roadster Show and probably the same as just about any indoor show in the country now. 15.00 with NO senior discounts (I asked and they were insulted) plus 8.00 for parking.
    That one cost us 38 to get in. 70 total for meals going and coming and 60 for gas plus a 5.00 purchase from Gene W and a model Willys for my daughter. But we had a hell of a lot of fun that day even with 320 miles of driving.

Lets see more show photos from Boston.

8. it was small...I walked up and down and in to the bike area and asked a guy who worked there .. wherethe other rooms... He said this was it . but did end up in east boston a an amazing place for grub ...

9. 8FLEET9

8FLEET9
    from MASS.

i stole these pics from djtwigsta, hope he don't mind ;)

anyway's i had an alright time this past weekend. can't say the show got me in the "car show spirit" (it was too much like work & my beer tab was outta control!). the ride home sunday night however was a different story. richie ran outta gas 1000' from a gas station on the hunt for gas for my car which was also on dead E. we got gas & blasted back up 93, had the chevy pegged at 4grand for way too long & she held together woop! that made my weekend.

10. djtwigsta

djtwigsta

11. coupemerc

coupemerc

Great pix! Thanks

12. Church Key

Church Key

I was not exactly keen on the idea trailering my racecar up to Boston for a three day show, and all the hassles I envisioned that the city would bring. It turns out my concerns were unfounded. The staff treated us great and ran a very professional show. There were a good variety of cars, and most were very high quality machines. On Saturday night...I promised my wife if she went up there with me we would leave in two hours. We ended up having such a good time we stayed till closing. We will be back next year... Thanks again to Rick and his staff for a fine show.

13. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

thanks- glad you liked our rides. (I didnt do Dana's car but will when its ready for another paint scheme)

14. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

15. FrankenRodz

FrankenRodz

Thanks for the continued show support Lenny! I think you single-handidly promoted the 2011 WOW more than Rick!

Great venue, much tighter, better quality show.

Good to see my Brother's ride highlighted in Street Rodder coverage.

Allready getting pumped for next year!

16. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Not at all my friend -Rick busted his ass for this show . Just wanted people to know that Boston CAN put on a quality event and dotn ever discount what us New Englanders can do!

17. Head_Hemi

Head_Hemi
    from Billerica

This was a great year at WOW! Rick, Deb, and "their" crew did a great job puttin this together!!! I guess I didnt get to meet the whole crew.
    Pretty sure i did though!!!