Register now to get rid of these ads!

LSRU X pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Villalex, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Villalex

Villalex
    from Austin TX

For anyone who wishes they went:

Wildest Rides:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best traditional car:

[​IMG]

Best Rods:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Coolest Stance (and polish):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Slickest Kustom:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the rest of the pics:

LONESTAR ROUND UP X

Thanks for all who brought out their rides. If you ask me tomorrow this list would probably be different. So many great artist and work packed into one area: Gene Winfield, Bernie Ramirez (Lowcab), Skratch, Weesner, Bob Bleed, Jesse James, Max Grundy, The 999 car...

2. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

I can't wait till this shock value, no talent in building weird stuff car movement goes away, sorry just highly dissapointed, in the amount of time these things used up on the street this weekend. I had a blast this weekend ,congress was a zoo with thses things and train horns, BWHHHHHHHONK! hey did i scare you, hehehehe, those things suck , and yes I'm getting old....... but, MY hats off to all who put the show on, and the hard work from the kontinentals, good times.

3. BOERNESTAGE

BOERNESTAGE

right on i second this whole statement, thanks for wrapping it up like that.

4. DumbstixLars

DumbstixLars
    from ATX

The train horn was on some ghetto trash Escalade with 24's on it

5. Tx51chevy

Tx51chevy
    from Texas

Yeah and an orange blazer with some really cool flashy neon lights!

6. Tx51chevy

Tx51chevy
    from Texas

And what was the deal with the handful of cars I saw that were newer than 63 but it looks like they were registered as 1963's so they could get in? I guess if this has been done before then I never noticed.

7. Tx51chevy

Tx51chevy
    from Texas

Cars

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  8. kingdesgn

kingdesgn

Yeah man, I saw that too. I wish they would move the entry year up a year to '64 so that I could enter my car next year!

9. ShiftyRat

ShiftyRat

Hey man, thanks for posting pictures. It is nice of you to take the time out of your day to share your photos. There are lots of people that don't get to make the show and appreciate the photos. It is a shame that that the few hambers that feel like they represent the majority choose to bash other peoples hard work. Anyways, thanks again!!
    Cheers

10. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

***** disclaimer ****** I represent myself, I ,jeff myers , In no way meant to speak for the masses, I am not bashing hard work. I don't consider bolting parts on as hard work. I was mearly stating my worthless opionion of the circus type cars and feel there is a place for them, just wish it wasn't at this kool show. I saw this same type thing happen at okc years ago when they had a full on riot on the street due to race cars being unloaded and doing burn outs, locals doing speed burn outs and just acting stupid.lots of drinking and crazy stuff. you know kinda like what was going on. I misss theold days when it was just all the kool car guys driving around haveing a good time , power parking and chillin'. alot of us were talkin maybe the scene needs to go underground on that weekend and let the locals have congress, we will be chillin somewhere else , enjoying all the hard work in the kool kustoms and taditional hot rods well built. just my two cents, I am not talking for anyone but myself . and i am talking about the subject that I had with a hand full of other guys with like opinions.... jeff

11. Feelin' your pain Jeff! Speak your piece brother....

Always too many great cars at the Roundup to dwell on the crap. On to the cool ones.... some will catch on, some never will.

12. I was wondering the same thing...I wanted to bring my '64 Imperial or my '66 Caddy ,but left them at home b/c of the year cut off....my cars are more traditional looking then a prostreet '72 chevy pickup!

13. Route 66 fan

Route 66 fan

Last year I wanted to bring my '64 Galaxie but didn't because of the year, then when I got to the show, right in front of the indoor exhibit hall sits a beautiful '64 Galaxie - registered as a "64" and later I saw Oscar Vela's '64 Ford Fairlane Gasser.

This year I counted six 1964 fords (including the two from last year) a '70's model chevy pickup and a early 1970's K5 blazer. All cars were registered and documented participants in the show, not Exhibitor cars or other vehicles parked in the show grounds by mistake.

I wanted to bring a really cool 61 Vauxhall Victor this year and I was told (twice) that it didn't qualify because it didn't fit the show 'regulations' and there are 'no exceptions' to the rules! Well, I guess there are exceptions, aren't there?

This year there was a British Anglia (Painted like a US military vehicle) and two years ago there was a VW beetle, and the rules say no imports. To answer a previous question, the rule-bending is not new, but it's also not fair!

14. large-stache

large-stache

My guess with the later than 63 cars was they either sent in registration claiming a different car, or they "knew someone".

15. Tx51chevy

Tx51chevy
    from Texas

Yeah thats what i was thinking too. I also saw a 67 chevelle way in the back.

16. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

The tractor thub is way kool!.........yeah right!
    the Fonz would be proud of ya dude.

17. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

Awesome pics. Thanks for allowing us into the photobuck... thingy. Makes it even better when you can see the shots large-size. Cheers man.

18. Craigo

Craigo

Yep thats me!!! Great pics.