Register now to get rid of these ads!

the 50 shoebox.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bamboozelor, Mar 14, 2011.

1. bamboozelor

bamboozelor

new project. havent posted here in a while but here it is...

any help is greatly appreciated---

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bamboozelor

bamboozelor

oops. one of those is a 32 I just painted. but you get it.
    need alot of advise. this is my first shoebox... (actually its the wifes car)

3. so what are your/her plans for it?

kinda hard to tell from the dark pics but it looks to be a decent starting place

ive got a 50 myself also my first shoebox

4. bamboozelor

bamboozelor

first plans are to get the steering brakes and suspension better. then maybe paint and wide whites. not for sure on anything yet but it rides like hell but runs great. need to figure out door poppers also. and the wiring is total crap. any suggestions are MORE than welcome!!!!!!!!!!

5. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Are you gonna chop it? Oz Customs is doing a 4dr shoebox and nailed the chop in a big way. Some inspiration..

[​IMG]

6. well get yourself a rebel wiring harness =wiring problems solved

put areostar coilsprings on the front supposed to really help with ride/ handeling (i havent done it yet to mine)

just got a new mac's catalog and they have a new kit to rebuild the front kingpins with rollerbearings instead of the original bronze bushings cost 325.95 compared to the original equip stuff at 41.95

cant help on the door poppers

7. bamboozelor

bamboozelor

probably not going to chop it. I like that 4 door though it does flow good that was a good chop.

painted the wheels black in between waiting for paint to dry on a racecar. much better.

I'm going to look into those aerostar springs.

8. bamboozelor

bamboozelor

got new shocks on the front. MADE A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE!!!!!

now if I can only figure out how to adjust the steering box without pulling the header.

beleive it or not all the tierod ends and idler AND spindle king and links are tight.

got almost 1/4 turn of play in the box which SUX. other than that this thing is driving really nice now for having cut front springs.

9. bamboozelor

bamboozelor

oh also got the speedo working (not correct) but at least it reads now. figured out when it reads 70 I'm going 55.

10. Blacklisted

Blacklisted

Any new updates?