Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Memory Lane Rogersville

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gdog3225, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Gdog3225

Gdog3225
    from Tennessee

Has anybody heard any word on the Rogersville Memory Lane car show for 2011?? I sure hope they are still having it.

2. thequietwon

thequietwon

I heard a nasty rumor over the weekend that Otis is being sued by the old man who lost control of the truck that sat in the creek all day last year. I certainly hope this isn't true. We sign release forms when we register & what happened was entirely the fault of the trucks owner. I really hope this is only a rumor, that being said...
    I haven't gotten my pre-registration form this year...I had it the first of February last year. Also, the Random Rods website doesn't seem to be working. I fear the worst...
    Sam

3. Never been, but I've heard that this is a really nice event. Hope for the sake of you Tennessee cats (as well as S.W. Va.) that this show continues...Don.

4. Gdog3225

Gdog3225
    from Tennessee

I hope that is not the case either. That is bout the only show i look forward to LOL. What happened last year with that truck was just freak accident. I wouldnt think the owner surely would have lawed otis for something that he done. That is a whole family event for us we usually take anywhere from 5-7 cars up there every year. It is a very good place to have the show and set up perfect. I have not got my pre registration either. I have had no luck with the website either. I have spent weeks on Google tryin to find out information. No luck. :(

5. Gdog3225

Gdog3225
    from Tennessee

Still no luck with any information. Anybody up around rogersville that has some insite??

6. Checked with a friend over the weekend, and he said that the club (Random Rods) that puts it own wanted to take a break; that it was just too much effort, with the manpower they had. They had been doing it for 8 years. Hopefully will be back in a year or two.

Haven't heard anything about a lawsuit.

Since I'm not in the club, I can't speak firsthand. Will pass on any more info if it comes up.

It was due to happen, since I moved up here last year and only got to one of them.:rolleyes:

7. Gdog3225

Gdog3225
    from Tennessee

I have got to go to 2 of them since i got my truck done. It is the only show we look forward to. Best scene for a show around here in my opinion:( Anybody know what happened to the website for randomrods?? did they do away with it since they are taking a break?/

8. Aww bummer, this is exactly what I just logged on to look for. Even with the crapped out fuel pump last year we had a lot of fun.

9. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

From what I hear the show in Newport is growing larger and worth checking out,my wife's people are from there, not sure when it will be there.

10. Deuces High

Deuces High
    from East Tenn.

I have heard the same thing about Rogersville and the dumb rear that didn't know how to put his truck into gear when they parked it.

"The moonshine run" the show in Newport is always Father's day weekend because it is the same weekend as the Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green, Ky. I have heard it is a good show but I have never been because I always go to the reunion.

11. Gdog3225

Gdog3225
    from Tennessee

so is it a safe bet to say no show in rogersville??:(:confused: