Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Lost then found, 34 hot rod roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

Lol

2. Gene N.

Gene N.

Might
    have that hood 33 right where are you at
    gene n.

3. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

glad to hear that you found a 33 Grill now post some pictures of it.

4. StrickV8

StrickV8

great story. great find. definitely envious. congrats!

5. RAY With

RAY With

Mel that's my kind of car! My old 33 is original metal and a hoot to cruise in and no doubt when your done you will have a driver. That's an awesome find and looks like your work will be cut out for you to complete it but when done the trip begins Congratulations on the project and find!

6. Pm me!

Pic. 1 is of the 34 grill I got with the roadster.
    Pic. 2 is an old grill I had laying around.
    Pic 3 is a crappy pic of the Pines.

I need to go take some pics of some chrome 34 garnish mouldings. I'll take some pics of the 33 grill.

I'm thinking bout modifying the grill number 2 to fit my 33 Pines Winterfront. Grill number 2 has a nice outer exterior, crappy fill job on the bars. The Pines doesn't fit the 33 the way I think it should. So I may just modify the 34 grill numer 2 to fit the Pines, and call it a day. Both would get some chrome after. I like the idea of leaving a 34 grill on a 34. I just love 33 shells... so someday I'll get a 33! Hahaha, just kidding.

Attached Files:

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

You won't need the Pines Grille when you move to Charlotte DD ;) It's warm enough down here you could just sell it and makes some cake!

8. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

You always have the koolest shit man...nice score!!

9. Here is the 33 Pines and the 33 grill.

Also a pic of the chrome and complete 34 sedan garnishs I'm going to sell soon... yummm.

Attached Files:

10. Hahahahaa... definetly not moving now. I just sank some doe into the house, ouch! It feels good though. Ive been buying so much car crap, it's time to take care of some loose ends around my old house!
    Funny, I had a few friends over yesterday. My buddy has a three two Pines he wants to trade me for some other goodies. We'll see. I love them, but I'll wait till the trend goes away to run it. We actually need them here with these crazy winters! They look funny in Cali., hahaaa.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  11. This is the 32 Pierce Arrow dash going in the 34 roadster. Hey, it's all I got. I didn't get a 34 dash.

Here is a pic of the 34 sedan I'm working on to sell. Just leaned the bottom of the firewall back so it didn't need to be cut. This way the 8ba fits in and look stock! In a couple of weeks, I'm going to chop the shit out of it, lakes style... unless someone stops me! Hahaha.

Attached Files:

12. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

They would have to figure out how to get into your yard first to stop ya!! hahahaha CHOP IT!

13. Pete

Pete

Mel,

That grill is so gay......

14. Hmmmmm - I'd try to combine the Pierce Arrow dash with a 34 roadster dash if it was me. I like the way a 34 roadster dash tapers on the sides and fits the more sculpted look of the roadster doors, etc.. I think the sides of the PA dash are too thick/tall. You could rework the sides to skinny them down . . .

Ah Hell - just do what you you want :D

15. Only a little gayer then those donks on your 32. I like you new school younger folk.

By the way, my old lady also sez I am gay!

16. Yeah, I'm with ya on that... we'll see what happens.

17. That gate is a good deterent! hahaha.

Hey, I'm down a pitbull at the moment. RIP AXLE

Today I'm going to mill some trees for the new wall. Didn't you guys here the end of the world is coming? My bunker is almost complete.

18. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

wow!, gotta love a 33/34 roadster, want one badly my self, good find there Mel!

19. ELD

ELD

A public thank you too Mel. 5 Years ago my two boys were 16, we picked up a 1987 Bronco II, on its maiden voyage it blew two pistons. Without getting discouraged they dove right in and rebuilt the motor, now when boys are 16 you kinda just stand back and funnel cash their way. With minimum help they rebuilt the engine and still have the vehicle. Soon after they got their license’s and got into the Hot Rod scene and picked up a 50' Chevy and scourged the internet and the HAMB for people and parts. They met many hooligans, but one chance encounter they met Mel. Immediately without hesitation Mel took a hankering to them and took them under his wing, providing guidance and direction that sometimes doesn't stick coming from a parent. He offered them help and a place to work and learn and even a couch for those late night wrenching sessions. Since then they have become the best of friends and do many things together. Mel, from the bottom of my heart, from one father to another, I thank you for the support and friendship you have shown my boys.

20. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

don't listen to pete. that grille is almost totally hetero. almost.

21. jersey fink

jersey fink
    from jersey

what happened to axel.old age,,he was great

22. Hahahahaaa... Don't worry, Pete is as queer as they come! He is a bit of a man crush for me. It's cute!

23. Ah man Fink. Yuppers, the ole boy passed.

He fell asleep on the garage floor next to the fireplace, on his blanket. Hope I go as graceful. He was a good ole boy!

24. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Love the military grade trailer. Slim

25. Heyyyy, Poppa Horton! Man, you know I love these guys...

Plus, they fit good under my wings!

Attached Files:

26. Man Pops.... I hope my son grows up to even be half the men your sons are. They are good boys, with their heads on straight.

Your one son's old lady anint bad either. I'm hoping to get her over here Saturday night so I can go see my friend H.R. of the Bad Brains play around the corner! Hahahaaa... Built in baby sitters too.

27. By old lady, do you mean my Brother?

28. 79shovelhead

79shovelhead

29. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

hi Mel, how the roadster coming? have you had time to work on it? Jared

30. No.. I wish.

I'm jacking up my house...fun. All the main beams are not under the load bearing walls. My summer is filled with house chores, and a little surfing.

I did work on my fathers 34 five window today. Also chipping away on my Indian, and hanging with the family a lot. I miss the hot rod world. Hahaha.

I have even had thoughts of selling the 34 roadster, or the 32 roadster, but then I talk myself down from the ledge, and just sell parts. I'm trying to get rid of all the stuff I'm not using or going to use. Trying to make room for making a band room in garage, and a work space for some furniture design.

Hope all is well with you man. Hoping that three window is coming together.