Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stuck in Austin what to do

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by crotex, Apr 4, 2011.

1. crotex

crotex
    BANNED
    from cuero, tx

So I am stuck in Austin, tx after coming to the roundup. I brought my 31 pickup that has not gotten a real test drive until Friday before we came up so I trailered it here to be on the safe side. In the mean time the tranny in my dodge 3500 went out and I been stuck here until tomorrow waiting to get it repaired. Now we are relying on this rusty model a pickup to get us everywhere. While we are patiently waiting I was wondering if there is anything hot rod related to do around here today. We visited the Austin speed shop yesterday which is always a cool thing. But now what do we do today? Any suggestions?

2. Hang out on Congress, drink beer and enjoy some good eats. That's what I'd do.
    Sorry about your truck, hope you make it back home safe.

3. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Austin "Park & Hang" at the Dog & Duck Pub. 406 West 17th Street @ Guadalupe, around 7:30 PM tonight and die cast drags start at 9

http://www.austindiecastdrags.com

4. crotex

crotex
    BANNED
    from cuero, tx

Rudy-fill me in a little more please

5. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Austin "Park and Hang" is a bi weekly get together at the Dog and Duck pub. Take your hot rod or whatever and hang out and enjoy some cold ones. Tonight they will also be racing hot wheels - click the link on my previous post. Im bummed that I wont be able to make it but im about to head to San Antonio. Its a fun time you should check it out.

6. 53choptop

53choptop

"Park & Hang" at the Dog & Duck Pub. 406 West 17th Street @ Guadalupe, around 7:30 PM.

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well there could be a hell of lot worse situations than being stuck in Austin with only a rusty but running Model A pickup to drive unless the significant other doesn't like to ride in the rusty Model A pickup. And the good thing is that you get to go to something tonight that the guys who went home yesterday or this morning will miss.

But bailing the Dodge out of the tranny hospital might eat up a sack full of fun tickets unless it is under warranty.

I just wonder how many "I'm stuck because my tow rig broke" theads I've read here in the time I have been on the HAMB. It seems like just about as many tow rigs break on the road as rods or customs.

8. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

Plenty to do in Austin. The weather is awesome today...cool if a bit windy. Go tour the Capital, stroll alogn Congress shops, grab some good grub pretty much anywhere you can throw a rock, cruise though campus or downtown. Rent a bike or walk around Town Lake. Dog and Duck tonight...I'll have the track set up about 8 or so, swing by Walmart on your way and buy some Hot Wheels! ;-)

9. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

You can go over and check out FlyRite Choppers...great bucha guy's and bitchin' bikes...