Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nostalgia Top Fuel Scoop?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by davidwilson, Jan 27, 2011.

1. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

did a search on here & also googled for "nostalgia top fuel scoop" (the glass scoops racers ran in the early 60s that looked so cool) & i can't find any sources for them - i saw on "vintage fuel" that someone was making them in fiberglass but i can't recall who it was - anybody have info? thx

2. Phil1934

Phil1934

I just bought the mini surfer from gofastfiberglass. Only 19" instead of 24". It has carb neck molded in and has a flat base to take a 6-1/2" air filter. I e mailed to [email protected]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  3. How did you get a hold of them? E mail or tele?

4. Scott Leber bought all my Rod 'n Race molds last year and is doing a fantastic job bringing Rod 'n Race back to it's former glory.
    www.rodnrace.com

5. They are called surfer scoops. They searching that way.

6. rick finch

rick finch

In my office, signed by Adam Sorokin, Tommy Ivo, Don Prudhomme, Don Garlits, Tom McEwen, Dode Martin, and Sam Davis (Freight Train)....
    Thanks to my friend Rich Venza for hooking me up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. I got home tonight and had missed the call from Go Fast and he called twice at home, I guess my work phone was busy, but I am happy as his message was up beat and positive! I feel like Dr Frankenstien, " its alive!" I want one of those scoops like a junkie wants ?? :D So the first of the week I will be calling to get one for sure. The phone number by the way is 410-858-8174 I have read all good about these products and just wanted to share this info, ...now back to your normal broadcast...
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

8. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

PM Hamber : "Scottrodsllc" he purchased most of the Molds from Rod 'N Race, which no longer exists.... Scott has corrected all the wrong committed by the former owner, "Eric" who destroyed Rod 'n Race..... I purchased four items from Scott and they are amazing..

Here is his web site: http://scottrodscustom.com/

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  9. Red Greth might have some like the one on the Speed Sport Roadster - He's in Tucson when he's not here in Reserve, NM (pop. 384)

10. GasserGlass

GasserGlass
    from York PA.

SURFER SCOOPS of all shapes and sizes can be found at [email protected]

The Scoop Guy

Attached Files:

11. NitroDragster

NitroDragster
    from OHIO

HEY GASSER, Long Time No See!

I bought a Go Fast Fiberglass Slingshot Surfer Scoop for my front engine dragster dragster and love it!
    Before finding the Go Fast Fiberglass brand scoops, I had another brand scoop on my car that came apart hitting me in the face! It could have been a lot worse had I been going faster then I was, THANK GOD!

I now have a GFF scoop on 3 of my cars and will never use any other brand scoop PERIOD. My newest Go Fast Fiberglass scoop is on my 1964 Ford Fairlane with a nasty 429 in it. The Hammer Scoop as its called fits perfectly under my fiberglass teardrop hood.

I Use Holley-Edelbrock-Richmond-ATI-Goodyear-Go Fast Fiberglass etc... Only the good stuff for me.

Thanks again GASSERGLASS

CLIDE

Attached Files:

12. Deuces

Deuces

Great photos guys!!!! Thank you!! :)

13. Thrillbilly

Thrillbilly
    from Joplin,MO

A copy of the GBP scoop I built for my office out of .050 aluminum

Attached Files:

14. oj

oj

The scoop for 'old bones' came from the musuem where Don Prudhomes' FED is on display, they made a copy for us and presume they still have the mold.

15. daddio211

daddio211

Johnson's used to make these. They were really nice, and included a foam filter with a mesh screen for the inlet. I don't see them on their site now, but their address is http://johnsonshotrodshop.com

I wanted to buy one but wasn't going to spend $300!

16. DooDooHead

DooDooHead
    from Big Sur

Fedex dropped off my new surfer scoop yesterday! I couldn't wait to test fit the scoop on my car and ate dinner so fast that I needed 4 Rolaids to ease the indigestion! (might have been the wife's cooking?) I had to go out to the garage a few times before bed time just to take another peek at the scoop.

The scoop fit perfect and looks great sitting on those Holley 750's, I couldn't be more pleased with the quality, shape, size, speed and the price of my Go Fast Fiberglass scoop. It even came with all the mold seams filled and finished! I'm glad I bought this style scoop over that Dooley marine scoop I was thinking about buying, this one has a lot more class and looks. Im more then happy with my scoop.

17. Deuces

Deuces

I have a 1/6 scale copy of this.... Actualy, I have the complete motor...

18. DooDooHead

DooDooHead
    from Big Sur

The gbp is an american racing icon for sure!

Attached Files:

19. Phil1934

Phil1934

That would be the Maco from gofastfiberglass

Attached Files:

20. Scottrodsllc

Scottrodsllc
    from ohio

Very nice display Mr.Finch,Nice collection of signatures.

Scott Leber
    ScottRods Custom

21. Got my scoop last week from Randy at GoFastFiberglass and.........Absolutely better then I can descibe here in words! If all mail order parts were this quality, WOW! I am talking a quick scuff and it will be rerady to paint! Fits like a glove on the dual carbs. I am so pleased, thank you Randy for great work! And the packing was second to none on top of all this!

[​IMG]

22. daddio211

daddio211

Oh that is too damn COOL! Post pics painted too!

Randy is the MAN! Waiting patiently for the GBP scoops! ;)

23. GasserGlass

GasserGlass
    from York PA.

You guys make me blush.......