Register now to get rid of these ads!

will i get flamed by this??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spannerswatson, Apr 3, 2011.

1. pcterm2

pcterm2

build it the way you want,i for one wouldn't give you no trash talk about YOUR
    ride

2. It probably had a 6 in it to begin with. The cyliners were just layed out a little differently.
    buy it and have a blast.

3. I stuck a Chevy 4.3 liter Vortec V6 in my Model T Sedan, and with the price of gas right now, and assurances of it going up even higher, I'm glad I did. It goes fast enough for me, no, it won't break the tires loose from a 40 mph roll, but I don't really care about that. It has enough power to climb any hills around here at 70+ mph, and it gets 25-27 mpg.
    That means I can drive it to roughly twice as many cruises, rod runs, drags, and etc as my big block/460/ Hemi-equipped bretheren, for the same amount of gas money.
    It's MY car, I built it the way I wanted, and t'hell with everybody that wants to give me shit about it.

mikeallcars likes this.
  4. Its a hemi by design. basically, its all about the head design.
    Those Commodore v6s go hard, but id cover it with the hood. :D

Not sure if yourve seen the stock looking hemi 8 powered Dodge, owned by a farmer in Canterbury. All stock apart from big orange valve covers under the hood. Its wicked!
    Oh yeah, hurry up and by that car, before someone else does,:):D

5. firingorder1

firingorder1

The A in the background belongs to Stan Back and runs a V-6. I was headed for Bonneville in '09 and near Ely Stan came motoring by with a cheery wave.

[​IMG][/IMG]

6. hi kiwipackard....i was wondering when youd tune in.haha
    nah havent seen that one..

the owner of that dodge is very reluctant to release any info..so im hoping to check it out over easter..if its any good ill trailer it home..it does look good from the pics ae..
    best thing is its been regd here before,but is deregd..will look at getting it legal before anythig gets changed on it

hes also got a 36 chev,and a 29 buick..

7. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

The V-6 is fine ,rethink the IRS and IFS . To 1-800 street rod for my tastes.

8. Ryan272

Ryan272
    from Australia

Slap on a supercharger off one of the statesmans.
    Do what you want, it's your car.
    I'm putting a red 202 in my chev to get rego and just have a running car. If anyone complains tell them if they pay for it, you'll put any engine they want in it.

9. Yeah mate, what else are we gonna do on a wet day. haha.

I believe ive seen this Dodge for sale, and think you should go for it. Just spent half an hour looking for pic of big ol blue Dodge, in MCM pics, and cant find it?
    Its in this months NZ hot rod mag in the MCM coverage. I gotter get over to town and buy a copy, but ive been ordering model A parts.:D

10. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

They will say it's fine and dandy but then when you want to enter a traditional hot rod show you will get bumped and park it in general parking.
    While it may move the thing around it really will not be what you had hoped for in the end.
    It's true, it's your choice as it was mine, and I will tell you what, had I known that my engine would be looked upon so unfavorably I would have made a different choice. My regret is that at engine choice time I did not know the wisdom of tradition. You have that as an advantage.
    This advice is honest and given with thoughtful and respectful intent, put in something that excites you a bit more and feels more rustic and old. You will be happier.
    You can check out my engine in my pics, it gets nothing but negative comments.

11. i would build it with what i had in hand
    i did it that way in the 60's
    but i was flamed and told that cars wern't built that way back then
    love thoes hot rod purests you need to build it this way!
    then you say let me have your wallet

12. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Its yours , do what ya want to . I like flames .
    "AND THE BOWTIE ROLLS ON"

13. tidy engine:p
    at a quick glance you only notice the v shape
    not the amount of cyclinders,just say the other 2 are inside the firewall:eek:

ive made up my mind now thanks to all the positive comments...
    just wait to see what this dodge is like now..:cool:

i havent decided about the ifs and irs until i see the car itself, but i want it lower and more stable with better braking(any braking would be better:rolleyes:)

14. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

If you're building it for yourself, then use what you like. If you're palnning on resale later, then skip the V6 and go V8. It will sell better with a V8.

15. big bad john

big bad john

......Just do what you want to......its your car......drive it and have fun.....Good luck

16. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

V6 is good ... IFS, not so good.

17. buickbybirth

buickbybirth

I personally don't care if people like my build or not. What matters to me is how I feel about it and if it performs as I desired. So don't worry about the opinions of others unless your goal is to make others happy. In the end if you do it your way and do it yourself you've done what many only wish they could say.

18. lgh1157

lgh1157

I used to go to Western Springs as a kid and watch the races with my dad. Lots a fun

Build what you want, sounds like you got a plan.

L

19. GREASER815

GREASER815

It's your car. Build it your way, and to what you like. Everyone has an opinion and no matter what you choose to build there will always be people who like it and people who do not. But in the end you need to be proud of it and happy to call it yours.

20. burnout2614

burnout2614

Francisco, my experience has been that negative comments are usually from those who have never owned,built or even driven a v6. peace

21. There is no way I'd flame your car for running a v6.

I might give you a razzing for asking What to do with your own car lol
    Done now.

Have fun and build what you want because that is exactly What you want.

22. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

when gas is $10.00/gal and they can't afford to drive their big-blocks, just give-em a wave and a smile....

23. BigChief

BigChief

Holy shit! Bumper cars for adults!

24. orphanautomill

orphanautomill

Looks cool, I like the mpg factor of the V6's, and yours is a pretty damn V6.

Keep us posted!

25. watched the u tube you guys are brutal on the track
    i wanna do it

26. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

you're gonna get flamed - bigger is better - nastiest, wildest motor you can get!

27. Nah, if you are going to get flamed then I wouldn't do it.After all, you are building it for everyone else but you, right?:rolleyes:

28. 1956Ford

1956Ford

Awesome stock car racing. I hope NASCAR mixes it up like this this year. Have fun with your build.

29. mj40's

mj40's

I had a friend put a V6 in a 30 Chevy Sedan. Problem he had was with the flat glass windshield and the wind pushing the car down the road. He just didn't get the mileage he was expecting and it handled terribly in head winds..