Register now to get rid of these ads!

Roadster Project Build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rancid737, Mar 15, 2011.

1. rancid737

rancid737

I plan on doin what i can with the little scratch i have....money is definitly gonna be an issue, so goin full on traditional is gonna be tough, but it wont be a rat....im always open to ideas/advice/and constructive critisism.....what i dont need is people tellin me to go out and buy thousands of dollars in period-correct parts. My wallet aint that deep. If it works and looks cool in my eye, thats where Im goin....

2. fj holden

fj holden

i am hearing what you say about the cost of period corect parts but i like what i see, and i think i can see this one ending in a good place .i will be watching this build so keep the photos coming

3. BJR

BJR

Subscribed!

4. rustydibris

rustydibris

What are you doing with your old belt lines on the cowl?? Well the passenger side one at least?

5. Gigantor

Gigantor

Oh Man... I just sent a link to this thread to a friend who was complaining that he can't find rear quarters (for cheap)... screw it ! Find a set of sweet 50's front fenders instead!

Subscribed.

6. rancid737

rancid737

I've got them kickin around on my bench at work

7. loco_gringo

loco_gringo

Nice, you've got my atention.

8. rancid737

rancid737

Nothing photo worthy tonight, just rebuilt the lower pieces that attach the cowl to the body, needed to be 6 inches longer so I would have enough leg room. Also whittled away at my pedal assembly so it will fit.

9. Racrdad

Racrdad

Well count me in as subscribed to this thread. I really dig the front fenders being used as quarterpanels. Now that is definately thinking with the creative part of your brain! Cant wait to see this build progress.

10. robleticia

robleticia

Ditto....Subscribed! Looks like you are on your way to building a really cool car. Good luck and don't listen to anything Racrdad says (the dude is coo-coo for co-co puffs!) haha!

11. rancid737

rancid737

rebuilt the rockers to move the cowl out 6 more inches, I think this helps the proportions a lot. just used some 1x1 tubing with some relief cuts in it to get the shape. plan to start reinforcing and skining the body on monday.

Attached Files:

12. 52plymouth

52plymouth

thats looking good

13. Looks awesome, can't wait to see this build take shape. These always make really cool projects when multiple parts come into one car. Keep it up!!

14. LowerthanLife

LowerthanLife

15. OLLIN

OLLIN

I saw a sticker on someones car one time, and it was the clay smith cams Mr. Horsepower woodpecker except it was called "Mr. Ass Backwards" or something like that. I wish I could find that sticker, it looked really funny.

16. rancid737

rancid737

Just a few pics of the inner body structure as of today....still got a ways to go........

Attached Files:

17. looks like a cool build. i like the builds where people make the best of what they got lying around and come up with a cool ride at the end. wats the plan for an engine etc?

18. rancid737

rancid737

Finished up the inner structure and began skinning the decklid....bad pics cause all i had was my cell phone.

Attached Files:

19. Racrdad

Racrdad

Its coming together and looking good. Keep after it!

20. -Brent-

-Brent-

I've been wondering this since the beginning, what will you be doing in regards to the cowl and rear quarter being at different heights, in regard to the rocker area. Will the rear be raised?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  21. rancid737

rancid737

that rocker area is just extra. haven't gotten around to chopping it off yet.

22. I'm diging it. I'd love to build something like this but I'm so damn slow. The A I just finshed the first part was picked up back in 99

23. 52plymouth

52plymouth

what are you doing for wheels

24. rancid737

rancid737

thought I had a line on some artillery wheels, but it fell through....probably gonna use 19" model A wheels, but we'll see.....pretty far down the line right now. Something cool will turn up.

25. Grommet

Grommet
    from South GA

I have a set of 5 Model A wheels and tires for sale....PM if interested
    Grommet

26. rancid737

rancid737

Removed the old eyebrow patches that were riveted on and this is what I found.

Attached Files:

27. Racrdad

Racrdad

Not much left there! :eek: I am sure you can handle it though.

28. drflex

drflex

something from nothing...I love it

29. rancid737

rancid737

Been pretty busy lately, but managed to get a little more done on the body and started on my frame rails....more to come....(crappy phone pics again)

Attached Files: