Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Rusty 47 Ford Reserection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by koolkemp, Apr 17, 2010.

1. encswsm

encswsm

So how is it coming??? How about some current pictures of your build!!!

2. super rat racing

super rat racing

just discovered this thread...wow!!..amazing job! i cant stop grinning, i love your "got no money" approach! you proved lotsa money dont make a car cool! hats off to ya man!

3. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I think most of his money is in welding supplies. Wish I had stock in his welding supply source!:D

4. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thanks guys !!Aint that the truth lol! I havent got much done the In-laws are here from out west, so I have had to play tourist guide for the last 2 weekends as well as next before I get my freedom back :rolleyes:. I have got a 65 Mustang rad pretty much mocked up, but will have to run an electric fan due to the damn steering box, got the front clip all mounted to the chassis and got the Plymouth front bumper mounted up!Got all that done before they got here .I also am pretty certain I will be getting a 48 Olds grille for it as well ! Gimme a couple of weeks and I will get some new pics up I promise!!

5. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Hey hey now!!!
    I was the first one to claim dibs on your welding supplies stock returns and don't you forget it!

6. tylersloan

tylersloan
    from baytown tx

WOW............ thats all i can say i spent 2 days reading this from start to finish and i can say i will never gripe about rust again

7. LSJUNIPER

LSJUNIPER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from ct

You do good work!!!!

8. LSJUNIPER

LSJUNIPER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from ct

You do good work!!!

9. nali

nali

10. koolkemp

koolkemp

Gimme some time eh they just left tonight :p

11. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I was thinking about you when I actually drug out my wire welder this week end. Maybe not really on your level. But progress for me. Dodge pan meets Chevy front seal.

Attached Files:

12. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thats cool Rich ! Is it a Dodge banger??

13. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

'26 Dodge Bros. SBC Dampener and seal. Sticking bits of sheet metal together. Think I'll skip the bondo though.

14. Hey Kool Kemp er uh Steve nice job. Took me a few days to get all that readin in. Upto date now. Can't wait to see it all one colour. Now that you will have a driver for the summer, are you going to finnish the buxom beauty before moving on to the sleek sexy one(36 3w coupe?).

Doug.

15. koolkemp

koolkemp

Yep but the pressure to have it on the road before the end of this season is gone , so I hope to have the primed body back on the finished chassis before winter ...I hope ! I have a lead on some 36 stuff that would be a great addition to the someday 36 parts pile ! I gotta call the ol' lad up soon and make arrangements to go get the stuff .

16. nali

nali

This is great .... Take time ... I planned to have a OT project on road last year ... ( 1966 ) .
    Not enough time .
    So now I hope to have it this summer . Or at least the next one :p
    Before beginning the rusty one Buick .
    At least , I practice , learn and just now want to have pleasure working on it , instead of going fast and perfect ( I doubt I could ... ) , event when I m tired or too cold in the garage :p

17. drs47ford

drs47ford
    from Western NY

Requesting photos of how you hung the front fenders...brackets,etc. Said it before but I'll say it again....your work is amazing. They should give you your own show on the Discovery channel.

18. koolkemp

koolkemp

Hahaha thanks ! I doubt I could provide them with enough "drama" for their ratings :p I am gonna get some more work done on the mounts this week(should have them finished) and will put some pics up. It seems to take me longer to come up with an idea than to actually make it ....but I dont like making things more than once , done that too many times lol!

19. koolkemp

koolkemp

Going in a few weeks to get some 36 treasures :D...well I might be the only one to think of rusty crap that nobody else wants as treasure !

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  20. I'd like to know if you post pictures of those treasures anywhere.

Reading through your thread reminds me of harder times when I used to drag homeless stuff home to extend their usefulness, the same way you are doing yours. I remember an old VW bus that should have gone to the crusher, but I felt it was too good for such fate. I ended up putting in patch panels with a stick welder. Imagine the mess and frustration, but I pulled it off.

Keep chasing those leads, someday the rusty part will be less than you first thought, and you'll be dragging home a sweet deal.

21. koolkemp

koolkemp

I will post some pics of the trip , should be fun, rusty tudor body shell and frame some doors, pair of front fenders I think I can save ...1 rear fender, hood top thats better than the one I have, some really nice inner fenders and inner grille piece and the back end of another tudor body,some other odds and ends, unfortunately no coupe quarter panels lol! I might start a pre-build kind of parts gathering thread haha dont count on much progress for awhile though :rolleyes: Keep me in mind if you ever find any coupe quarter scraps ! I did stumble on a 35 3 window that was street rodded about 20 or so years ago ,taken for one drive and never even licensed ...he runs it every year or so and knows what its worth, i told him if I won the lottery I would be over to pick it up . He also had a 62 Vette , and two Essex 3 window coupe's one chopped ...none of which has been on the road in over 20 yrs... shame really. I went over to get a pair of rims he had on Kijiji for Flatheadfever when he was out of town and didnt have a camera !

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  22. I hate to mention it but I saw a rusty 35 Cabriolet for five grand just over a year ago. I wasn't a HAMBster at the time, and had just picked up my three window. I could have saved it for you had I known. They do come around once in a while and as long as the buxom beauty is getting attention you'll be able to take your time hunting anyway. Enjoy your "new" ride and keep havin fun.

Doug.

23. toddc

toddc

No pics in weeks??? Come on, we're all living vicariously through this thread:D:D:D

24. koolkemp

koolkemp

I just got back from the road trip to swap my Dodge for the chopped Chevy, spent the last couple of weekends getting my truck and trailer ready for the trip . I got some stuff to do to the Chevy but I should be back on Rusty in the next week or so I promise :D

25. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thats cheap for a cabriolet Doug ! Musta been rough ....I would be happy if I could find a pair of salvageable upper quarters or rear clip off an old stock car ! That would certainly get me going in the right direction. If you ever see any thing like that in your travels out west please let me know, as my in-laws (father in law) is a car guy and they live in Innisfail .

26. Congrats on the chevy addition to your collection . The Dodge was cool but the chevy will put you out there crusin this summer . Now you have something to bring to Moncton Steve. !!!

27. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

After years of owning my wire welder I have been actually using it. In fact due to this use I had to replace the Argon bottle and wire reel. To a large extent I blame that on this thread. There are sometimes really inspiring projects followed on the HAMB and this is one of the best. I wouldn't be surprised to find my needing another wire reel someday in the future.

28. zenndog

zenndog
    from Santa Cruz

Getting exicted about the Studebaker truck?

29. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

My truck is a cherry by far compared to this Ford. But, yes I am looking forward to after the Dodge is running.

30. Racrdad

Racrdad

koolkemp - we need a fix, come on man, pics pics pics!!