Register now to get rid of these ads!

Viva las vegas wedding

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gremlinguy, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Well it is getting closer so I figured I would post....
    I asked my fiance to marry me back in July 2010. She wanted to big ceremony and blah blah.... Well late last year she said.. "My wedding is a year away and it is already full of drama and bullshit...Why don't we get married while we are at Viva next year? Our family pisses us off, so let's do it with our Viva family" (this will be out 7th year in a row going)
    Needless to say I did not complain. Nice and easy and cheap, since we were already booked for The Orleans.
    The reason I am posting is if anyone wants to join us real quick and celebrate our love, everyone is invited.
    The plan is to get the marriage license and do it at the car show real quick. Either Friday or Saturday during the actual show.
    The state of Co (where we are from) and Nevada, you don't need someone presiding over it for it to be legal.
    But if someone on here may be an ordained minister or know one that will be there, it might be fun to do a quick 5 minute ceremony in the car show isle's...
    Anyone want to be our preacher and sign the license as a witness??

2. Won't be able to be there, but here's wishing you the best. That will be a memorable day, for sure. Congrats!

3. Moondog13

Moondog13

Awesome! Best wishes as well! :D

4. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

good idea .my friends snotty and cammie got hitched at the show .it was great

5. Great idea! We had originally planned a Vegas wedding and let our families talk us out of it. Regretted it ever since. Congrats and have fun in Vegas!!!!

6. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Bump for the Sunday morning crowd...

7. Tom Ingram

Tom Ingram

I have some good news for you. This year, the Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel is setting up a mobile chapel in the car show on the Saturday at VLV. They will be fully set up to take care of you. Here are their contact details:
    Brian Mills
    Chapel General Manager
    Viva Las Vegas Weddings
    [email protected]
    (702) 384-0771
    (702) 384-0190 (Fax)
    www.VivaLasVegasWeddings.com

8. dannyego

dannyego

congrats! Me and the Wife got married in Vegas. Our only regret in not having an Elvis impersonator do it. My advice is get the license in the wee hours of the morning. The line to get it is very long, and the people you meet in line are very interesting. The nice couple behind us were dressed as klingons :)

9. movingviolation

movingviolation

That sounds so KOOL! Congrats!!

10. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Tom, that's awesome news. My fiance emailed you a few months ago and you had said you were trying to set that up. She will be happy to hear that you did.

11. Kerry67

Kerry67

What a cool idea....See ya there.

12. Hey Congrats, I've got the same thing in mind. Only doing it "proper" at the Doo Wop Diner, Sunday afternoon. Elvis of course will be performing the ceremony. (me thinks it will be Brian in disguise;) )
    Anyway, s'posed to be riding in style , in the back seat of my good friend's Hudson. But the ole girl had trouble on the way up from Florida, so need alternate cool transportation, from MGM Grand to VLV wedding Chapel Sunday 3pm. 50's Caddy anyone? Cha Ching$$
    http://jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=581847
    JT

13. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Congrats and good luck.