Register now to get rid of these ads!

Idiots and Hot Rods.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BigRy, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edseldude

edseldude
    from bedford va

It all comes down to respect. Either someone has it or they don't. I park in the back forty and take up 2 spaces (you almost have to in an Edsel). People don't care, i've come out and found them leaning all over it! I drove my 66 mustang to a cruise night, got out and walked around . Came back to find a woman leaning on my Quarter panel. I walked up looked at the car and asked "Is this your car?" She says no, So I say very loudly "Then get the hell off my car! To top it off her boyfriend owned an old mustang!
    Ive taught my kids not to throw their doors open when getting in or out of cars. You have to teach kids about respecting others property.
    Any more if I cant see my car I don't leave it. It's sad, but thats the way it is.
    I also agree with the valve core tool and the ice pick. Of course i've heard brake fluid will kill paint too..........................
    Just my $.02. :)

2. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

3. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Go figure, I just got back from the parts store, getting oil and such, in my 64 F-100 and as I walk up I look at the back bumper, and some dick-licker backed right into the truck, to a bunch of paint with the from my bumper, don't get me wrong its no show truck, but wtf. They hit it hard enough to push it in about 1 1/2", the pisser is that they did'nt even leave a note saying "HEY SORRY". I'm not the kind of guy that pisses and moans when something happens to me that is completely out of my hands, but it really chapped my hide, I swallowed my angst, and just chalked it up to the fact that alot of people now have no damn respect!..

[​IMG]

Oh well anybody have an OBAMA bumper sticker I can put over the scratch? NOT!

4. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

Well I must be a nice guy 'cause I pulled in to a spot with my Ranger and scratched the nose of a small car. I felt terrible. So I left a note with my name and number and told them to call me.

A week goes by and I finally get a call and the girl says she can't even see the scratch! She says thanks for leaving the note. Good karma I suppose.

5. Zaq

Zaq

I just drive a jeep wrangler with a big steel front, and rear bumper, and big steel rocker gaurds. I cant wait for someone to hit me.
    After coming down on the rocker gaurd with the full weight of the jeep onto a rock when wheeling, and there was just a little scratch, i think a prius will explode if it hits it.

Oh, and for the close parkers, luckly im young and must thing im badass or something because i have a studded belt, whoops.

6. The Hop Walla

The Hop Walla
    from Dallas

You couldn't door-ding my F100 with a forklift.

dka

7. Deuces

Deuces

Can't you guys just drive around the rocks instead of driving over them??? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

8. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

After all, the rock parked in the back 40 and took 3 spaces..........

9. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

30ish years ago I rode a small motorcycle as daily transportation. One night I parked it in the end stall on a top-floor parkade. There was a metal fence around the side and front of the parking area. One of the guys I worked with came in and said someone had moved my bike. Sure enough, some douche-bag had slid my bike over and leaned it up against the fence so he could pull his car into the spot. I moved the bike to another level of the parkade then my buddies proceeded to teach the asshole a lesson. We worked at a movie theatre and the guys poured pop all over the guys car and valve-cored all 4 of the guys tires. Hopefully the stupid fuck learned never to touch someone elses stuff.

10. rustisgold

rustisgold

i always park as far away from the door ass i can, lazy people are usually just as stupid/careless. another thing iv learned the hard way is not to park in the low spot of the lot. a couple years ago i had a minty 98 chevy reg cab short box, lowered but otherwise 100% stock with out a mark on it, i barked at the back of the lot as far away from the door and othr cars as i could and came out to see a shopping cart against my drivers door! i lost my shit on that cart and tossed it as far as i physically could!

11. screwball

screwball

My boss did it to me last week beside my beater he got a new dent asshole. And I told him so.

12. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

I about got arrested after some guy was on my bike when me and the ol lady came out of a bar! I was 24 at the time he was probably 22 and completley obliterated telling some girl it was his, well I walked up carrying my helmet and put my key in asked if he minded so I could leave!Well this fartsucker cops an attitude and told me to fuck off so I waited for the bike to settle on the kickstand and then he threatened to whoop my ass well I have a short temper so he got the helmet and put down in one shot, when the cop showed up I politely explained the drunk gentleman was stealing my bike, the girl that called the cops said that he told her it was his and he had an attitude when i came up, cop agreed with me and recognized me from a mutual friend so on our way we both went.. hope he learned his lesson!

13. Diavolo

Diavolo

Yes, I have had Harley riders disrespect my non Harley ride. One guy kicked his leg over and his heel hit my bike with me on it. He looked at me, said "Fuckin Jap bike" and started to walk off. I whistled at him to get his attention, stuck my foot in his seat and tipped it over. Then I looked at him and said "Fucking Harley".

No, he didn't come over and kick my ass. Not that he could. His girlfriend was kinda shocked though...

14. jrose7004

jrose7004

Hell, parking far away from where ever you're going gives you exercise so I always park away. Makes my wife mad but so?

15. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

ha! :D WINNING!!!

16. cavemag

cavemag

I would'be done the same thing. I don't care if what you ride a Brit Bike, and American bike, and Italian Bike, or a Japanese bike just as log as you ride. I'm the same way with cars. Just as long as it's tasteful, and fast.

17. cavemag

cavemag

Wonder if anyone has ever had their roof sawzalled off as revenge.

18. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Is this a true story? Because that is badass.

O/T but when my (old) band was in it's infancy, we played a harley dealership party for a local radio station. Let's just say it was a somewhat "older" crowd that wasn't very into our music. A lot of the guys were making shitty remarks and screaming "play freebird you faggots" (seriously-HA!) My singer started spouting off in between songs about "remember when Harley's were badass? Now it's a bunch of old nerds and whoever can write the biggest checks. You guys should stick to buying corvettes when you have your midlife crisis, safer that way"

That was a good show.

Fucking Harleys.

19. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

X2! I do the same, I leave ample room for entering/exiting without any bodily contact though.:)

20. oldnuts

oldnuts
    from nebraska

I had a 73 ford f series truck a few years back it was a beater nothing special. one day i came out of my job to see that my rims had been painted gold by a fellow coworker. other coworkers were quick to rat him out so to be fair i painted his rims gold with the same can of spray paint. it was the end of the world for him when i called him and told him his rims looked nice gold. he flipped shit and cussed me out threatened me tolld my boss and so on. his theory was that it was ok to paint my shit cause it was old and they were the factory steel rims and his was a newer jeep with black powder caoted rims. fucking idiots have no respect for anything that isnt theres

21. styleline

styleline
    from so-hol

it freaks me out when this happen,its overcomed me twice i completly snapped,it happend on the mc donald parking lot,a fucker whit a brand new chevy truck,smashed his door against mine o man i was furius.what the f$c^.he got the balls to said relaxe man its an old car,well i can tell you that he needed sun classes.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  22. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

"O/T but when my (old) band was in it's infancy, we played a harley dealership party for a local radio station. Let's just say it was a somewhat "older" crowd that wasn't very into our music. A lot of the guys were making shitty remarks and screaming "play freebird you faggots" (seriously-HA!) My singer started spouting off in between songs about "remember when Harley's were badass? Now it's a bunch of old nerds and whoever can write the biggest checks. You guys should stick to buying corvettes when you have your midlife crisis, safer that way"

That was a good show.

Fucking Harleys."

Exactly and those Doctor,Lawyer types are the ones doing the Harley snobbery I ride a hot rodded sporty and hear it all the time about my "girls" bike! Oh well guess they've never seen a KHK in action on a flat track or hell even wrenched on an ironhead as these comments usually come from the newest billet clad $36,000 ultra glide... and now back to your regularly scheduled posting!

23. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Remaining off topic, back before I got crippled I used to play traditional rock 'n' roll all over the UK and Europe. Me and the guys were wandering around the streets of Ostend in Belgium in a pathetic attempt to sober up from the night before when we heard this ruckus outside of a Harley dealership that was obviously having some kind of open day, you know late-model Harleys, late middle-aged so-called bad asses in their full leathers standing around drinking coffee in their wraparound shades. The soundtrack to this bad to the bone moment, blasting out of the speakers in the shop into the street was... Wait for it.... "Hot love" by Donna Summer. The whole thing turned so gay in an instant that me and the guys just cracked up, I thought I was going to piss my pants.
    Paul

24. In High School I would park my 327 powered 1930 Ford Roadster in the Teachers parking lot. Then I took a good look at some of the teachers.

25. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

Like ajmopar, I occasionally park "cock-eyed" in one or more spaces to avoid collecting new damage on my roadster. I'm not driving a trailer queen, but I just get fed up with the negligence & stupidity of others who have no idea how much time & work I have invested in my ride. Sometimes you simply have to do whatever works best for you!

26. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Love the Tyler Durden stories.

"I am Jack's hindsight. I wish I would have actually done half of the hard-ass stuff I talk about on the internets."

27. Zack Methvin

Zack Methvin
    BANNED

I have been a victim of this stupidity many times myself but, NOT ONCE did i ever even consider damaging their car in retaliation. I don't understand that mindset. I am NOT taking up for their reckless actions but most of them cannot help the fact that they are stupid. They are born that way. So, why damage their cars?

1. Odds are, unless you cave in their door they will never even notice anyway.
    2. what good does damaging their car do? you still have the ding in yours. So now it strictly comes down to you loosing control of your temper. Two wrongs don't make a right!

Having a classic ride and knowing these things will happen is a fact of life whether you like it or not. Not everyone looks at these old cars the same way we do. When you are driving and another vehicle passes and moves in front of you. His tires chunk a rock up and chip your windshield. Do you run him down and break his windshield????

I think these people are freaking stupid ass morons for not being more considerate but why lower yourself to the level of "freaking stupid ass moron" as well. Spending most of my life as a police officer i have worked so many of these types of conflicts it is not funny. The end result is always the same, both people drive away pissed and both people still have damaged vehicles. Damaging the other persons vehicle is not how to handle it!

Write down their license plate number, take pic's of the the damage (cell phone camera) on your car and if their car if there is a paint chip on theirs, wait for them to return, ask for their insurance info and explain to them they just pounded and damaged your car. If they want to get stupid call the cops. Since it is on private property the police (in most states) can give you a "blue form" that you fill out and turn into your State. Then you can eventually get their insurance to pay to fix your car.

I'm sure some of you will think my suggestions are insane but i am explaining this from my own experience. Also, intentionally damaging their car is consider Criminal Mischief and you CAN have charges filed on you for that. Them hitting your door will be alot easier for them to explain than you purposely getting out of your car and kicking in the door panel on theirs. Besides, it is stupid! Remember, some places have parking lot cameras and the police can used the video against you. I have done it!

Just my 2 cents, take it leave it.

28. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

I have similar problems every time i take my car out, like the 2nd guy said, you can't fix stupid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.