Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where did your first car go????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toqwik, Nov 18, 2010.

1. 19cadillac54

19cadillac54

Still got mine. It resides in my garage.

2. 53 hemi

53 hemi

75 Dart .... Beat the liviv' hell out of it until it fell apart from frame rust. Had JC Whitney 'glass front fenders. Years later my brother went to the junk yard and pulled those fenders for a project of his. I still have the old vinyl trash bag!

3. See photo at left, Henrietta the '38 Ford pickup. She's sitting in my garage, engine still warm from me driving her to work today because she's the only thing I've got running right now.

4. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

I hope to the junk yard.What a piece of s##t. But I used the money after selling it to buy my 47 Olds and still have it after 30 years

5. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

I dunno where my F-1 is now.
    Guy I sold it too kept it long enough to make it look kinda iffy with blue auto-zone fog lights, painted the metalflake red dash in ice white and a woodgrain steering wheel cover on a repop 40' ford delux wheel, but he did get it driving better with the axle & brake swap i never got to.
    He sold it off and i never found out who had it when i finally figured i wanted to buy it back.
    Day late a dollar short. But i love the cadillac more, just wish i had that pick up back. :mad:
    [​IMG]

6. Lotek_Racing

Lotek_Racing

Went to the scrapyard, drove it there myself.

It's probably five Kias by now.

Shawn

7. Bryanhes

Bryanhes

Back to the guy it was stolen from, LOL! I was 14 years old and this "friend" of my mothers boyfriend shows up, asked if anyone wanted to buy they old Fury for $100. I said sure. My mom let me and two months later a guy drives up to the house and says thats my car. He apparently loaned it to a buddy and never saw him again. He had the Title to prove ownership. I was 14 did'nt think I needed no stinking Title, Ha Ha. That was my first lesson about car Titles.

8. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

I was the last owner of A few cars lol. my first one A 75 Buick Centry went to the crusher. jared

9. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

Bought a '54 Ford in 60. Ran it into the ground by the Fall of '66 when I replaced it with another. Picked all kinds of parts off it for another 6 years or so then scrapped what was left.

Ed

10. srdart67

srdart67
    from Sharon, Wi

I sold mine to my brother and he spray painted it like a derby car and crashed into it with a forklift(forks up) and then brought it to the scrap yard left it running with a half tank of gas and watched it get put atop a pile of cars to be crushed. thing probably sat on top of that pile running all night long.

11. jrose7004

jrose7004

My first car was a 60 Corvair. It went to the salvage yard after I was through with it!

12. Sonny48

Sonny48
    from Mo.

55 chevy two door hard top 327 four speed. Sold it to my brother inlaw...and a short time after that he got "over served" and wraped it around a tree. Still hard to think about it. Nice little car. It didn't deserve the abuse I gave it....but it certainly didn't deserve to be mangled to death. Oh well.

13. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

Thanks for the kind words, I really do appreciate it, especially from a Phoenix guy! Recognize the location? It's the old DeVry school,around '81, I think it was just off Camelback and 16th st, but it's been so long I really can't remember. My old buddy Ralph Clark told me it was demo'd several years ago.

14. Arominus

Arominus

I sent my 57 dodge to the crusher in 2000. I really shouldnt have. I still have a shitload of parts from it though (dash, fenders, last 3 feet of the car for a couch, hood, trunk, bumpers, seats). I have the 325 block with a spun bearing, and the 392 that was in it at the time is in the barn in pieces (dads motor, he took it apart). I kept blowing up tranny's in it and had gotten a 58 new yorker so i let it go.

Actually i have enough parts to turn my plymouth into a plodge (aka canadian dodge) if i want to. Im tempted to pop the clip on it just for sport one day.

15. Conrad_AZ

Conrad_AZ

My 1st car was a '37 Chevy 2 door sedan. Bought it for $25 when I was 14. It had a bad rod bearing which I fixed along with a badly dented front fender, which I also fixed. Sold it to my blind neighbor when I was 16 for $50. He used to start it up every day, back it out of the garage and then pull it back in.
    He still had it when I left for California in '63.

16. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

Bought it back...

17. Bungi

Bungi

Sold it to a friend,who sold it to a guy who sold it back to my friend who just traded it back to me last summer. That all took about 25 years!

Title still has my name on it!

Getting a new lease on life, chassis just got shortened for a dune buggy and currently working on a custom tube chassis with SBC/Corvair trans in the back seat....

[​IMG]

18. banjo

banjo

64 impala ss, wrapped it around a pole a month after i got it, sold it to a body man who fixed it, he sold it to a local car dealer, seen it once after that.

19. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

My first car was a truck. A 1947 International panel trucl that I bought from my uncle sitting in his field at his farm. He'd driven it there and parked it because the soft plugs leaked. Bought it from him with wages I earned working for him on the farm for $25! Fixed it up over the summer when I was 14, and when I turned 16 I went straight out to his place and drove it home.
    Neighbor who lived across the street from my parents came over when I got home and wanted it badly. He had a sheetmetal fab shop in his garage and pestered me for a year to sell it to him. I finally gave in when he offered $350, and I wanted to buy the '57 BelAire my parents were selling for $500.

20. rallisracing

rallisracing

65 2+2 A code Mustang ..its sitting in my dad's shop..which he reminds me alot that ownership depends on possesion, which is 99 % of the law.:)

21. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

mines been made into some other vehice by now.

22. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

After going thru 3 cast iron powerglide transmissions, I sold my 56 4 dr, teal and white, black tuck and roll, original 265 2 bbl, when I was 17, in 1971, for 185$.. The guy I sold it to put a T350 in it,, doh, coulda woulda shoulda.. this was down in Westminster in OC.
    Maybe its still driving around,, wish I knew. I am pretty sure the guy went to La Quinta HS.

23. SWAMPDONKEY

SWAMPDONKEY

mine was a 1973 nova ss draged hard it now sets 5 miles away under to trees

24. yblock292

yblock292

in my shop, 30 A coupe, restored in high school, had her for 45 years!

25. Tenacious A

Tenacious A
    from Willis Tx

Whiskey bottles, Brand new cars, Oak tree your in my way....

Rip Nova

26. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

see it every morning in my driveway!

27. dmw56

dmw56

It's in my garage. Had it since 1969.

28. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Right into the front of a 58 Chev. Station Wagon.

29. After aquiring 4 more cars, my dad said I had to only keep one car. Gave me a weekend to get rid of 4 cars including my first car...a 50 crestliner. I kept my 56 Olds ragtop and was forced to send my 50 crestliner to the junk yard along with my 50 ford parts car, my 41 ford tudor and sold back a running 40 tudor sedan...I used to go to the junk yard to visit the old crestliner

Attached Files: