Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chevy 2 Ball joint spacers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KUSTOM 50, Apr 2, 2011.

1. KUSTOM 50

KUSTOM 50

Ok I have changed my mind again on my chevy 2.. I have searched all the forums and there are a ton of info on these , Just not for a chevy 2.
    I am wondering did they make them for the chevy 2 and what would the worst part be about it? I know they all posted about taller springs , but it wouldn't matter as the spring is not between the arms as most of you know. I want to go to a sixties look now. I ordered a hood with a T bolt scoop and want to radius the rear wheel wells...
    Any info is greatly appreciated

2. scrape

scrape

3. KUSTOM 50

KUSTOM 50

Will tri 5 spacers work on a chevy 2? I seen some online and they said there tri 5s wouldn't work on a 63 chevy 2 . But they looked alot different than those.. Just trying to cover all the bases you know

4. riviera gasser

riviera gasser
    from howell NJ

i dont have a nova but what i did is i got a set of dirt track coil spring spacer 3" then i took chevelle ball joint spacers 3" and drilled hole in my A arm and used chevelle ball joints what i got was the same ride the nose 3" higher and when i nail it it comes up almost 5" it only cost me $160 to do the whole job and a weekend..as compaired to $1500 for a solid axel and loads of work...GASSER JEFF

REAL MEN DRIVE GASSERS

5. brandon

brandon

There is probably a reason for not finding the.....they had issues with ball joints.....ask anyone that ever raced one...:D

6. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

No they will not. Here's an idea thats worth thinking about. Now I have not worked on the Chevy 2 or Novas 62 thru 67 in a long time so this is a concept at this point. This much I do remember.
    The upper control arms attach thru the spring towers. I would see about drilling new hole 2" lower and plate it if needed. Then put taller springs in. That way the upper a-frame still has the correct angle to the spring and could be the strongest and safe way of doing it.