Register now to get rid of these ads!

Portland Swamp Meat.. Whos goin?!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The_Monster, Mar 7, 2011.

1. BruceT

BruceT
    from Abbotsford

We are going sat to the expo, anybody locate a corner of Studebaker stuff?

2. daddylama

daddylama

weather was awesome today... hit PIR, all of expo... legs are f'ing sore. amazingly, i went home with nothing. first time ever.

i'll make up for that tomorrow.

i've given up on A sheetmetal... couldn't find any quick change banjo stuff that i wanted... moving on to the next thing on the list.... anything shiny. like some 14" or 15" slot mags in 5x4.25...

it was rad meeting some HAMBers at the meetup today, shootin' shit about cars...

there's a HAMB sign on my radio flyer... along with two little kids in it. or one kid and me looking for the other one.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  3. silversink

silversink

Stude stuff three table in on the right side of the building closest to Marine Dr.

4. gsport

gsport

long day today... i'm pooped

5. I'll see ya guys in the am. Headed to the expo at 7 then to PIR.

6. mckustoms

mckustoms

I walked around the swap meet and PIR all day Friday. Need to go get my shoes retreaded. Legs feel like noodles. Found a couple of things, but not much. Weather was great though. Looks like the Saturday crowd might get wet though.
    Was hoping to find a floor shift for my 56 dynaflow.
    Good time though.
    Steve//

7. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Three of us spent all day (9 hrs!) at the race track Thurs. and found so many great deals we had to make three trips to haul it all! Got 1 pair of ET slots 15x10 unilug for $60, and another pair of Ansen slots with nice Goodyear Eagle slicks 15x10 for $100. Seemed like everyone had some nice slots in their booth, and willing to really deal on prices.
    Friday went to the Expo, another 9 hr. day, and another truckload of parts! I didn't find much Friday except a NOS gas pedal for my daily driver, and a TH350 chrome pan for the Austin new for $10.
    It was a great 2 days, but I bet we walked 10 miles or more each day! I'm soaking my feet all weekend now!

8. todztoyz

todztoyz

Headin out in 15 minutes. Gotta take it in one day, bummer.

9. mxrcr222

mxrcr222

Im 26 years old, but dang I am sore as heck. Took me all day yesterday to go through the expo never made it to PIR :( Got a 72 yamaha gas tank for $20 and a full set of 63 impala ss trim for $35. I love my life

10. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

I was there from 8am until about 5pm and I'm sore as hell. Didn't help that I was mega hungover and felt super shitty. I managed to get a very nice grill shell for the coupe (thank you Chris), a beautiful headlight trim ring for one of my guide headlights, and a couple other little trinkets. Once we made it to the track we were pretty tired and got pissed about having to sift through all the flea market booths. No, I'm not there to buy ammo boxes, shoes, pants, Mazda parts, or tarps for christ sake.

Good times.

11. 72IH

72IH

got pissed about having to sift through all the flea market booths. No, I'm not there to buy ammo boxes, shoes, pants, Mazda parts, or tarps for christ sake. [/QUOTE]

Exactly. I never seen so much garbage. A crockpot, a used vacuum from the early 90s? Who brings that stuff? How could they pay for a space selling the junk they had. Broken drill bits and mazda fart pipes and stuff like that are not why anyone goes.

PIR had some decent deals on some stuff. If you were looking for SBC or Mopar you would have found what you needed. Not much for Y Block ford. I though I would have seen a lot more flat head stuff to. It was there but not the volume I expected.

Expo I found some T-Bird valve covers for the Y block. There was some Fenton valve covers and Fenton cast headers for the Y block to. But not for the $800 each.

Found some E&J headlights for $1400. He didn't take my offer for $750.:D

12. Choptop

Choptop

Be sure to stop by and say "hi" to Melissa at the Billetproof booth at the Expo center.

13. silversink

silversink

Got to change the name to a flea mart. I saw kitchen sinks, washing machines,faucets, beds to sleep on, floor tile, perfume, plus all the commercial harbor freight look a likes.
    wow what prices, I saw an A that was advertised on Craigs list for 1800 that had a price tag-of 4800 and he wasn't budging on his price.

14. novas4life

novas4life
    from vnc,wa

Could only do a few hours.So we kinda did the quick cruise through.Tough though like every one said about all the junk and yard sale crap.
    But........I sure scored both things on my "wish list"
    One peice 'glass nose for the A/FX Nova and some M/T Valve covers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Brandon

15. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

Didnt goto PIR but the EXPO center was crap, probably wont go again... seems like it was all junk/ off topic/ over priced... not impressed.

16. Scarebird

Scarebird
    Alliance Vendor
    from ABQ, USA

It is always interesting to see what is being cleaned out - seemed a lot of Pontiac heads this year, maybe due to KRE heads replacing them?

The flea market crap was annoying but dodgeable. What was truly a PITA was all the camo wearing halfwits running around on quads at PIR...

17. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

^
    he said "junk" or "overpriced" not "overpriced junk":D

18. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

nova, I seen that frontend on top of small SUV this morning. was that yours..

well we got lucky with the weather.. bought a few things, wanted to bring home a few others but did not, including the 53 chevy wagon located on the infield of the race track..

19. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

"Was our stuff junk or just overpriced ?......... "

It's not my business to know how much you sold your items for or what kind of profit you got... Not everything was crap, obviously some stuff was alright but I went 4 years ago and the quality and price of items made for a better time. I got a set of rebuilt water pumps for my 8ba at a deal, but that was it.

20. novas4life

novas4life
    from vnc,wa

Yea,we had to hold on to it with out arms out the window until be made it over to Baxters Auto Parts. Then we bought straps and bungy cords.
    I knew I should have brought the truck...duh.
    Brandon

21. Destralo Roach

Destralo Roach

Well me and jjayf had a blast! Walked untill I had blisters on my feet, seen a lot of Hambers, but I was walking and they just looked mt me funny!? Oh well, next time, Deal Of the Day!! SATERDAY at the track, shovel head Joe Hunt side mount Mag with cone plate...........Ready, this is a $800 new item.....$250 to $500 used............... I SCORED it for $10, Yep, thats right...TEN $$$$$$ WaHooooooooooo.

...........Roach.

22. steel3window

steel3window
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My friends at PIR said things got picked through early on Thursday, so I left home at 2:30 a.m. & got to the Expo at 6:30 on Friday morning. Saw a cherry, fully restored '31 A RPU cab including top bows for $3500, a Brookville stretched '30/'31 RPU with a new bed and windshield on a new '32 chassis (Dropped I-beam/discs front, hairpins, column and box, 9" rear complete) rolling on new wheels and tires for $7500, a '30 A coupe body for $2500, a set of Firestone 8.90/16 Grooved rears and 5.00/16 ribbed fronts mounted on wheels with moon discs for $650 (Tough to not buy), A slick little 1047 Transister forklift with a Crosley motor for $1250, and much more... All but the Brookville setup were sold by noon!

I picked up a chopped A Tudor with two complete sets of fenders and a frame for $350!!! I've been wanting one for a project but when I drug it back to a friends booth to haul it home for me (7:30 p.m.) a crowd surrounded it and someone offered me ALOT more the next morning (7:30 a.m.) Apparently he desired the car much more than the cash in his pocket. Lucky me.

Also got a pair of new (500 miles on them) 5.50/16 whitewall BFG's mounted and balanced on powder coated rims for $120

Came home with parts and more cash than I left with... Not a bad haul.

There was a fair amount of mixed year car parts. Price wise it was either dirt cheap, or just too much (a stock '30 A Tudor bare, no garnish, dash, or regulators, and the usual rust thru in the lower half) for $1800 FIRM!!! And a bunch of A sport coupes (again very bare and rusty) for $2200 & up to a roller for $3500.

There was a '32 roller with a clean Vin in 3 spots, a flattie. Basically it had the body pulled off that ran when parked 15 years ago for $7500. Someone else had a super cherry zero rust '32 Tudor complete with a firewall for $10,000. Those two would've been a great combo... (Sorry no pics of either, I didn't have the camera with me)

Otherwise, I have to agree, seems like A LOT of flea market stuff, and I will NEVER stop complaining about seeing all the new, non, or barely car related items there. If I want that junk, I have the internet to waste my time finding it.

Heres some shots for ya!

Attached Files:

23. I saw that A tudor on friday at a booth with a sold sign.....studied the chop for awhile.....Ruff. but it sounds like you made out like a bandit.

24. Bought chrome 60 F100 grille-$50!

25. Choptop

Choptop

DAAAAAAMN!!!!

good thing I wasnt there... I would have been in dutch with the wife. :eek:

26. Did that, she is a very nice lady. Bought a sticker!

27. daddylama

daddylama

got to Expo center at 8am... pulled a radio flyer with a set of mags in it and my kids sitting on them, all over that place twice...

got a clean/nice model A front axle for $10...

a very clean, shiny set of 4 14x7 and 14x8 US Indy slot mags for $40...

one US Indy slot mag 15x3.5 for $10 (this was a f'ing score, i think)...

the cleanest/straightest pair of 30/31 hood aprons i've ever seen for $40...

a couple old Binks and one Sharpe spray guns, split A wishbones and (5) rebuilt early juice wheel cylinders... each for under $5.

it was a good day... and my body f'ing hurts. pulling that wagon while holding one kid and the other on top of the pile in the wagon... all over...

going to PIR tomorrow bright and early, with just my 5 year old. rigged the radio flyer up to my beach cruiser, gonna fill it up with stuff.

28. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I have to agree that the Expo was a disappointment. Especially after going to PIR on Thurs. PIR was awesome, and very little flea market stuff, while Expo was full of it!
    Almost forgot my neatest score! Got some new old valve covers cheap for the Austin's 327! Old Corvette valve covers with some neat old breathers adapted to them. They'll look way better on the Austin gasser than the modern polished aluminum valve covers it has now! $60! Rare "orvett" valve covers!;)
    [​IMG]

29. I just got home after a 2 day venture, saw some Hambers, delivered some goodies and picked some up! Ate a steak at the Acrop...good weekend with decent weather!

I scored a pair of nice chrome 40 rear backing plates for 200.00, nice 32 steering wheel, Super nice chrome 40 Ford steering column I ended up selling to a buddy for the same price, a 40's SW tach mount that loops on a column for 20.00!!! And some other shit. I agree, prices were all over the board. I wanted a set of Fenton Y block valve covers and saw a pair...but he could keep em for 750.00!!!!!!!!

Didn't end up finding the 33-34 inner fenders I needed...but always next time :D

30. 72IH

72IH

Hey, at least hey came down fifty bucks from what he told me. "Been doing this for fifty years" blah, blah,blah, BS. What ever. "the only ones I seen in the last 50 years.

I talk with his helper at PIR and was told $700 for the valve covers and intake, then when we get there it was 800 for each. What a load of crap. Same kind of if you want it, it must be worth more BS theme of the whole swap meet. Maybe he will make one sale to pay for the space and transport of the parts. Two is would be the gravy in his boat.