Register now to get rid of these ads!

Idiots and Hot Rods.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BigRy, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcoffey

rcoffey

I drive mine to the sonic,dairy queen ,the car wash and the local shows with no problem.I drive my one ton:D flat bed to wally world,its hard to door ding 3x3x3/16 angle iron!:cool:

2. deuceman32

deuceman32

3. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

well if they actually touch you car you can always return the favor and give them a nice metal racing stripe down their car. its easy just take a key and run down the side of their car. lol

4. shockley_67

shockley_67

instead of using the valve core tool just put a small pebble inside the vavle cap so it leaks slowly that way it goes flat at the worst time...

5. Don't you mean a pair of side cutters ? And remember, most people have a spare, rarely does anyone have Two..........

6. shockley_67

shockley_67

two quick stories,
    first, an old friend of my dad came out of a coffee shop to find a kid sliding down the fenders of his car cause they looked like a big ol slide. kids dad did not understand what the big deal was...
    second, my son had his 62 nova in his first show after he got it on the road while he was still in high school. he had just finished all the body work but it was still in primer, a guy leaning on it talking to the owner of the car next to him. what really sucked was that the tool leaning on his car was a fellow car guy, kinda thought of anyone to know better it would be someone like that.

7. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

It is just a shame that no one has any respect for anothers property. Laugh all you want ,but if you are raised with it you know it and use it. If it is not yours ,look at it,admire it or hate it ,that is your choice,but don't f#%k with it!!!!!!!!!!

8. paintcan54

paintcan54

I used to carry a jar of vasoline with ahole in the lid with a acid brush stuck in it in my '54 Ford, when some asshole would park on top of it, I would use the vasoline and paint there windshield wiper blades,ever see vasoline and rain they don't mix well and a bitch to clean off, also I would it under the door handle as most cars have the pull and lift style to open the door, then I would wait some times for them to come out and watch there face when they grab the door handle you should see the look on there face, priceless. I always miss the wiper blade deal but it has got to funny.

9. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

10. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Wise man once said, "the nail that sticks out, gets hammered."

I park outside of the cluster in the lot, but I just park in one space and try my best to mind my own business.

11. erlomd

erlomd

12. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

It tells others "please, come poop on my hood"

13. davis574ord

davis574ord

Shit dude i have a prosthetic leg on one side and a new hip on the other sode, and i park a hundred yards away and walk to the store3 cus no one gives a fuck if the swing there door open and smack it into your ride, pisses me off! T56hats why i take two spots at the south forty of the parkin lot, the wife doesnt understand it, thats why her car is beet to shit!!

14. R and S HotRods

R and S HotRods
    from Hell

I have had the same thing happen to me, not sure if they are jealous or just STUPID. In any event, I cannot blame anyone for a little satisfaction. I cannot say I haven't returned the favor and will not say I wouldn't do it again. It's my car and I expect other people to respect my property as I do theirs. and if you don't, chances are, your property will get the same treatment with a bonus of my gradification added. I may be wrong in some of your eyes, but I don't give a fuck what you think, because you are prolly the fuker that hit my car!
    My 2 cents!

15. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

Friend of mine several years ago had a nice 55 Buick special two door that he had redone, him and his daughter went somewhere in town and parked before either could get outa the car some dip stick pulls in next to them, you got it he hits the Buick with his door, the daughter being a little on the hot headed side clicks open the door on the Buick and before dad could stop her she flings that big old barn door into this little car, Monty said it dammed near turned the other car over, and she proceeds to tell the other guy that I'll bet you don't do shit like that again.

16. I always park on the end of the row and as close to the curb as I can to give me extra buffer room from the car next to me. I don't know how many times I have come out and found some new clown has parked over the line in my space. I can't make myself hurt their car so I just adjust their passenger mirror for them. Makes me feel a little better, tends to piss off the wife though.

17. shmoozo

shmoozo
    from Media, PA

Best thing to do with a jackass who parks in the handicapped spaces is call the police. They'll ticket and tow it.

:D

18. Trukcrazy

Trukcrazy

This is a crazy topic that continues to come up. I am one of those people who park way out in the back 40 so I don't have to squeeze in and out of my car and possibly damage my or someone else's vehicle. I also park over the lines, not to keep other line obeying rats from parking too close, it is because I am a non- conformist every chance I get. People think you do it to keep them from parking too close, that's just dumb. Do I retaliate if someone damages my vehicle? Maybe, but not because of the vehicle. It's because the person is inconsiderate, trying to be funny, is pissed because in a sea of 100 empty spaces I park my car wherever I feel like it. The parking space lines are just a guide (or training tool) used to maximize the parking area, it's not a law that you have to "park inside the lines". Just behave and treat everyone's property a 1000 times better than you would ever treat your own.

19. chuckles0

chuckles0

:D

Originally Posted by Roger Walling
    I always chose a parking spot as far away from other cars and dilibertly park in the middle of 4 spaces.
    It may piss off some people but I think that it tells others to stay away.
    It works for me!

:D I leave a note on the windshield;
    "If you fuk like you park, you'll never get it in" !

20. I like to sit in mine and let my co-pilot go get whatever we need....A friend has a 100 pound Doberman he brings along...

21. ysmitty

ysmitty
    from mass

I had this same discussion with a couple of friends last weekend. One friend said that the next time he saw someone damage his ride with their car door, he was going to demand their insurance information and file a property damage claim against them. If they refused he would just call the cops and call it a hit-and-run. He drives a high end car and points out that it would probably cost well over $500 just to repair a door ding with some paint damage on it.
    Although not as satisfying as retaliation, it beats getting hauled off to jail for beating the crap out of some inconsiderate loser. Maybe when this loser's insurance rates go up he will learn to be a little more considerate.

There was much debate whether this would work or not.

There has to be an insurance guy on the HAMB.

So what do you think? Would this approach work?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  22. BigRy

BigRy
    from colorado

This is a hell of a topic. I thank everyone for the replys. I belive in karma and some of you guys are it. I am in the paint biz, so I can repair it too, just sucks. Just keep on driving them, they do no good in a garage!

23. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

X2 - This works like a champ, I did that to a guy I saw throw his empty coffee cup and trash into the back of my 50 chevy pickup as I was leaving a store and he was on his way in. Four flat tires and I returned his trash on the hood of his car.

24. Old cars are not coveted by the universe. Half- assed revenge makes the world a better place too, right?
    I'd rate this thread 2 stars.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  25. She might have said nothing and walked away :eek:

26. old me

old me
    from Iowa

Had a 72 Mach 1 (at that time, pretty new) and was waiting in a parking ramp to pick my ex from work. I parked in the end stall and gave plenty of room for the car next to me. That car left, and was quickly replaced by another. As she got out of her car, bam-right into the side of my car with her door. I got out and found a pretty good sized door ding. I demanded her insurance info-she denied any wrongdoing and to prove it she re-opened her door (just barely hitting it again) and said "see, that big dent is a lot lower, I didn't do that" I must ad that she tipped in at probably 300lbs.and her car raised up an inch after she got out.
    Needles to say, it would have been cheaper for her to pay me to fix my car than what it cost her to fix the side of her car in the end...

27. I've had several incidents but the worst was in our little church's parking lot (little church, not little lot). the new pastors wife but a big gouge style door ding in the car, I don't think he knew but she did. So as not to cause a scene on Easter Sunday (really!) I passes the word to an elder about what happened and what I thought about it. He assured me she would never not say anything if she damaged my 1953 Studebaker Raymond Lowey coupe. Ha!

We soon left the church. for good. May seem silly to you but not to me.

28. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Exactly.

If we really knew what these old cars have already been through in their lives, we wouldn't get so bent about a few door dings.

I'm one of those guys who always parks off in the lost reaches of the parking lot. And dammit, I get door dings too. But the thing is, I can't see them when I'm behind the wheel, driving down the road.... ;)

29. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

rad!

30. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

My brother carries pepper spray and sprays the door handles of those that take up 2 spaces. Now pepper spray dries but leaves a fine powder which transfers to the drivers hands. When they go take a leak,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YEOWWWWWW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.