Register now to get rid of these ads!

History C cab mold........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BERNIES WELDING, Apr 1, 2011.

?
  1. YES I WANT ONE

17.7%
  2. HOW MUCH WILL IT BE

75.8%
  3. I WANT A ROLLING CHASIS

1.6%
  4. I WANT JUST THE BODY

24.2%
  5. IF THERE IS A STORY BOOK AND A NUMBERED BODY AND CHASIS I WANT ONE

4.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moondog13

Moondog13

Awesome! Can't wait! :D

2. BERNIES WELDING

BERNIES WELDING

A very interesting story................

When i went to socal and purchased the c cab mold my family was with me. While we were there my son asked if we could go visit ed isky. We did and we had lunch with him. My son was thrilled to no end.

Well anyway we got back to washington and he went back to school and he was telling a few of his friends what we did when we were in socal. When he got to the part about having lunch with ed isky, a couple called "b.s." and he got all bent out of shape. He came home and told me what happened, i told him to disreguard them, that you know what we did and we know who we had lunch with, so from there it is ok.

When others are sceptic, too bad for them...................

3. badshifter

badshifter

Bernie, a great story does not have to be forced upon others. You have a GREAT STORY, and a neat item. Great for you on both accounts. You asked for input, input was given. This does not discredit you, or surmise that you don't have something special from a long lost time. Be happy with your score. That fact that some don't agree with what did or did not come out of that mold should not be the driving force of your ownership of that mold. Tell your story, and build cool shit. Good Luck.

4. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

the guy started telling a story and right away a bunch of guys verbaly beat the crap outa him,,it happens too much on here i think,,, i`m an outsider i know and i dont post much but geez let the guy get some sentances out before tottally tearing up his story BADSHIFTER i wasent trying to cut down others as much as i was trying to make the guy feel good enough to tell the story,,,

5. badshifter

badshifter

Hey big vic. Here is the verbal bashing you were so disgusted by:

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> Don't look to be the same shape to me.
    Maybe it's not the same one...
    What you have looks more like some of the other C-Cabs built by Dan Woods and others, which is pretty damn cool also.
    In my eyes that would be a nicer looking body.
    I would be real interested in a body pulled from ot when that happens.
    the body of the truck you posted did not come out of that mold.
    that mold looks like it will create a killer C-cab
    there had to have been some famous show rod built from a body made with it.
    Even if it isn't the Milk Truck it's still pretty damn bitchin'! Congrats on your "hoarders hole" find!
    he did pop a mold that he later used to make some very famous C cab trucks as I recall. I personally liked them better than the milk truck.
    I would still like to get a look at a body pulled from that mold. I wouldn't care if it was one of Dan's or not. Granted being one of Dans later builds would only make it more desirable. He built some pretty neat stuff and to own something that originally came from him is pretty slick.
    The body in post #3 could have come from that mold.
    just having an old mold from back in the day is still enough to give you bragging rights.
    As stated earlier, though, still pretty damn cool.
    Your mold has a nice curve in the roof like the one pictured by Goober
    Cool mold regardless.
    Iether way it is way cool. Im thinkin we push out a few high quality, hand laid c cabs.
    I think it's quite possible, and very likely that either Dave just got Milk and Ice mixed up or you misunderstood what he said.
    Awesome! Can't wait!
    You have a GREAT STORY

That's what you call verbally beating the crap out of him/his story?
    Now read when you entered the discussion and started bashing.

6. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

When i`m wrong i admit it,,, i was wrong,,, now i sound like the type of guy i dont/never want to be,,, i know i sound like an idiot now but i`m sorry to all involved,,, today was opening day at my dragstrip and i`ve ben waiting all year to go racing and it got rained out,, maybe i was venting,,maybe theres a reason some call me a grumpy old man,, again i`m sorry

7. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

I'm interested if you start popping bodies out of the mold!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  8. BERNIES WELDING

BERNIES WELDING

First of all, thanks for the retraction.................;)

yes............ Cost factors are being worked out and when things are all calucated bodies will be made available. :)

more to come.................:d

9. I would take Shuttens word!
    \

10. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

great story , and the mold is way excellant no matter what c cab was pulled from it , awesome history and cool ness , im just a back yard hack who cuts up rusty junk , but i have to say the mold picture sure looks like the later c cab than the milk truck to me also , reguardless its still to cool and i hope you pull some bodies from it ,

11. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

So we apparently have determined that the mold is in fact a Dan Woods mold. That is pretty neat to have,the old molds sometimes just don't survive.

Are you still clinging to the story that the milk truck came out of your mold ? Or that the mold was even taken off of and made from the milk truck ?

Or are you willing to concede it didn't ?

Which is very obvious and has been pointed out many times by now. The lines do not match up and they are different shapes all over.

So many of us seem to have taken quite a bit of heat for pointing out the obvious :)

12. Onemansjunk

Onemansjunk
    from Modesto,CA

Not to change the subject --Does anyone know the name of the man who invented the "Chopper-Gun" that was used to lay the fiber-glass to help create the body pulled from this great piece of History????? This "mold" would make a 'Weekend at Bernies" a blast!!!!---I think the inventors name is--- John Bucksmith -----GOOD LUCK BERNIE!!!!!!

13. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

Simple solution....
    Make a body from that mold.
    If it looks like the milk truck, you are right.
    If it doesn't look like the milk truck...STFU!!

14. No one said it's not a Dan Woods-made mold - we're just saying it's not a mold for the Milk Truck. All you have to do is look at the pics side by side - I cannot understand how you don't see that they are different.

Steve

15. Onemansjunk

Onemansjunk
    from Modesto,CA

eaglebeak
    Re: C cab mold........
    Simple solution....
    Make a body from that mold.
    If it looks like the milk truck, you are right.
    If it doesn't look like the milk truck...STFU!!

Hey Bernie now you got a ----STFU !!!!!! That mold is cursed---

16. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Cool mold! I almost bought one of these bodies at the Glendale Az. swap one year ago right now. That was the first one I had seen since the late seventies. Without sounding judgemental, you could have saved yourself a lot of the hassle in this thread if you had read the article that you cited in the first couple of posts. It told the whole story of this body and how it came about. The milk truck was indeed fabricated from plywood and fiberglass and a one off. Your body mold came a bit later, and if I remember the article correctly, was a project done for a grade in college course. Still very cool, and I would love to see a new generation of c cabs come about soon!

17. Onemansjunk

Onemansjunk
    from Modesto,CA

Hey Rain-man!!!!Opps I mean Bernie!!!! When that first born pops out of that controversial mold---Instead of a Title---Give it a Birth Certificate--Date ---Time---Place---So the next generation will get the facts straight !! Like a Beanie Baby---Or a president?????

18. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I agree with the others that the later Woods' body looks far better than the Milk Truck body.
    That mold has made some cool looking bodies and apparently a lot of guys here are interested in it. Just don't call it a "Milk Truck C Cab" when you start popping them out. It would be like calling a Model A coupe a Deuce coupe-close, but no cigar.

19. Onemansjunk

Onemansjunk
    from Modesto,CA

I mean Rain-Man----Burt Lancaster----FOR CLARIFICATION !!!

20. fleet-master

fleet-master

that mold ain't a milk truck mold...its WAAAY cooler than that!! the pics posted by Goober are spot on to me and golly gee!!! now i gona have to make me somethin like that thar C-cab! :D:D......as if I ain't got enough to do I mite end up like jim sibleys signature .... stackin hotrods in my yard like firewood :p

21. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

For those that don't want to put themselves through the agony of reading through this entire thread, like I just did........

Bernie has the mold for the C-cab body built by Dan Woods (of the Milk Truck fame), as shown in pics posted by Goober, that everyone agrees was a huge improvement in design over Dan's Milk Truck. Everyone thinks it's a really cool find. End of story...... for the love of God.......

22. got the journal in my hand. the car on the page you stated is the ice truck, not the milk truck (way cooler IMO). and as stated earlier the article also says the milk truck was fibreglass layed over plywood(for a highschool project) and not pulled from a mould.

in your first post you said feel "free to comment". if your gonna invite people to comment and give their opinions, you should'nt get you panties in a bunch when they do.

that being said, what you have is cool as hell and i cant wait to see what comes out of it. good luck

23. Absolutely!
    [​IMG]

24. People do get faulty memory or mis-communicate so I believe you that you "think" you have the Milk Truck mold. You don't. That body was a one off made of plywood and covered in fibreglass. No mold. I saw it in '67. Others here claim its the Ice Truck. Not true as it also was a one off made of wood and covered in 'glass as well. No mold. Here in Dan's own words....
    "I would sit there and grind and Newt would tell me to move it this way or that--he and Roger were there for every inch of the body shape," says Dan. "Once we got the mahogany panels on, I took it back home and fiberglassed it. We used finger joints pinned with dowels and glue for the body framework--kind of Old World-like construction. I primed and painted it, then it was off to Joe Perez for upholstery. We thrashed to get it done for the 1971 Oakland Roadster Show."
    That truck was the one designed by Newt and probably the one previously mentioned by someone about the three week build. It too has a very different shape than the mold you have and isn't it either. I'm not going to make any fact as to what you do have but its not Dan's Milk or Ice truck body mold. Sorry. No one can re-write history. Keep digging, you will find which body that mold was made for. Shown are the Milk/Ice Trucks and your mold.

Attached Files:

25. lazyv8

lazyv8

Well regardless..those on the market would be killer!!
    I know the guy who has both the molds for Andys original "Instant T" and Andys c - cab...

26. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

bernie when your making millions with the next big wave of street rod resurection remember who tryed to be nice

27. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Do some research people. That mold is clearly for the Road Agent.

28. moparron426

moparron426

Goober I BELIEVE you are right on with the pictures you posted and what the others have said, this is a very cool mold to have and that is IMO as cool or better looking than the milk truck, I think Goober was a great help to figure out what a car from that mold would look like.
    Bernie, good luck with this cool mold.....

29. fordsbyjay

fordsbyjay
    from Lafayette

Man when are you going to start cranking those bodies out. I want to build a C cab.

30. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I want to know, who in the hell is Dan Woods.?? If I posted my car with those steamroller tires and disc brakes you guys would run me out of the country. Now you all are setting around with an erection, I don't get IT!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.