Register now to get rid of these ads!

57 Courier diecast

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty1, Mar 31, 2011.

1. After debating on getting this for about 2 weeks, I just picked up this Johnny Lightning 1/25 scale diecast 57 Ford Courier at Wally world,...$15.00. (they had 2 originally, today only one). Pretty rare model for them to produce, thot I'd better grab one as no one else will probly do one. Hood opens showing a nice engine bay with Y-block. I'm gonna try to remove the Playing Mantis logo, it's painted on; mite repaint the whole thing as it's not a factory correct 2-tone.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

...thot some of you guys mite be interested.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  2. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I want one and will give me a excuse to visit wally world tomorrow after work,if you do get the logo off please post how you done it.

3. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

I work atwalmart and I have a pretty big collection of johnny lightning. I've been thinking about repainting some myself. Post progress pics!

4. resinjeff

resinjeff
    from detroit

i know the guy who worked on that project for j/l. he says its pretty accurate

5. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Cool. 15 is cheap too.

6. Toner283

Toner283

Try rubbing compound, the paint on the body will be a bunch tougher and thicker than the tampo printed graphic. with a little elbow grease you should be able to make it disappear like it was never there. Just like a full sized car, watch the sharp edges while polishing or you will burn through the paint to the metal underneath.

7. thanks for the tip on removing the graphics, I don't like the 2-tone paint scheme as it's not correct and I don't like that yellow stripe down the side either, I'm thinkin complete repaint except the roof maybe.
    First I thot the rear door window was wrong til I saw someone on the HAMB lookin for the curved rear end glass for one of these.

8. Chuck Carman

Chuck Carman

I got one too and am planning a repaint. Good deal, I just aw the same car at a hobby shop with Coke colors for 50 bucks.

9. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I went to the closest wally world and found none but came home with a 1/64 57 2 door and a couple hotwheels.

10. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

You can also try acetone to get that tampo off of there. Use a q-tip or a cotton ball and go easy. Some tampos will come right off, others can be a bit more stubborn. Good luck!

11. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

While waiting on a tire to be repaired I went to the wally world close to the tire store and they had some but no 57 courier so I grabbed the 32 3 window,thinking about taking it apart for a repaint and changing the wheels and motor for something more appropriate.

12. What kind of 57 did you come home with?

13. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

A 57 Ford 2 door hard top but cant remember who it was made by.