Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 64 Comet build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan859, Jan 17, 2011.

1. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Got a feeling this car is going to be very nice!

2. indyjps

indyjps

Looks great so far. Much filler in it?

3. Dan859

Dan859

Thanks! I'm really very happy with the whole project! Mark's done a great job and I think the car will kick ass when it's done.

4. Dan859

Dan859

No, the body is really very clean. That was one of the things I noticed when Mark started sending me the pictures. It came out of Nevada, so there's virtually no rust and all the body panels are solid. Mark went over it really carefully when he got it into the shop. He said there was one dent in it that had been repaired some time ago and needed to be redone. There's one small spot in the floor that was soft. He said it looked like maybe a window had been leaking and the carpet was staying damp. He said the area that was bad was pretty small and the repair wouldn't be a problem.

5. Dan859

Dan859

Time for an update. The block and transmission have arrived. Mark mocked them up in the car to do the transmission mount, and the block's been sent out to the machine shop. After he's done fitting the roll bar and the subframe, the car will be prepped and painted. He's ordering the seats and interior panels, so we're getting pretty close to the reassembly stage. Mark's doing a great job with this I'm really happy with how it's progressing. I'm looking forward to getting back in July and being able to drive it :).

Attached Files:

6. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Really nice project; should be a goer. Thanks for the updates.

7. Did you dyno the engine? Did you pressure test the heads?

8. 65COMET

65COMET

Dan;thanks for the update! The Comet is looking good,I bet you are more than ready to be home!! ROY.

9. Dan859

Dan859

The engine hasn't been built yet, the block's gone to the machine shop. Mark's already checked the heads.

10. Dan859

Dan859

Hi Roy,
    Oh, I'm definitely looking forward to it! I checked out the article on your car. It's pretty impressive, I really liked it!

11. Sounds good. You can never be to careful with Dove items...

Great looking build by the way...

12. falcongasser

falcongasser
    from denton

Maybe i'll bring my comet over Mark and and i think 600 hp would do for me too

13. 65COMET

65COMET

Dan;Thank You for the compliment!! I hope to see your bad boy Comet in person!! ROY.

14. Dan859

Dan859

From what I've heard, that's very true. I'd probably gone to something like the Blue Thunder heads if Mark hadn't already checked these out. Thanks for the compliment, it's going to be very cool when it's done<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

15. Dan859

Dan859

That'd be very cool, and I'd like the chance to to see yours as well. As far as bad boy Comets go, I think yours is a charter member. I don't think it can happen this summer, though. I'll only be Stateside for 2-3 weeks and I've already got that roadtrip from Texas to NY, and then the Syracuse Nationals in July with my brothers.

16. falcongasser

falcongasser
    from denton

What did you do with the six you pulled out?

17. fairlaniac

fairlaniac
    from Denver, PA

How did this project look upon completion? Doing something similar to my '64 Comet. The engine mounts, is that 2x3? Do you have any other pictures of the mounts? I have the Mustang II rack as well and need to figure out the mounts.
    Cool project!