Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Baby Moon Photo Request..Wide or Narrow Whitewalls...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Centurion9, Mar 30, 2011.

1. There was a time when nobody looked down their noses at a nice set of Baby Moons with either Wide or narrow Whitewalls. Early to mid '60's that was the way to go for many Mild cars and your everyday Ride. How about giving us some photo History to help me get a fresh look at this combination? I'm not sure if anyone is repopping these, but it sure is a clean and simple treatment that might inspire those of us on a budget to take a second look. How about some help? Thanks....Centurion9

2. Baby moons and trim rings.-MIKE:cool:

[​IMG]

3. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

Both look fine to me .

Attached Files:

4. That popular huh? That was the default treatment for several years in the early '60's for most of us....maybe we were poor......:(

5. aircap

aircap

Classic look either way.

6. No Clue...

No Clue...
    from Lusk, WY

I have a set with narrow whitewalls ready to go on my 59 Biscuit thats in my avatar. :D

7. jpbanjo

jpbanjo
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa, Ok.

This was the hot setup in 1959-1963. '48 Merc 15 inch rim painted body color, 2 1/4 inch BFG Silvertown or US Royal whitewall, '50 ford trim ring and Bell Auto "Baldy" hubcaps. Still looks good.

[​IMG]

8. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

My first "set" of Baby Moons was actually 2 on one side and original '53 ford caps on the other. I found three behind the Flying "A" station in Calimesa in about '65. I ran mine with narrow "Porta-Walls".

9. All right, here's 1972, baby moons in front, $35 Mickey's and slots in back.-MIKE:D:cool:

[​IMG]

10. 57belair

57belair
    Member Emeritus
    from Michigan

We ran them in the '60s on
    some kustoms

Attached Files:

11. Timeless.:)

Attached Files:

12. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

JC Whitney still has 'em. They got trim rings too.