Register now to get rid of these ads!

292 12 port sbc heads

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Qparker, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Qparker

Qparker

What do you think about the whole "cutting and welding of two 350 heads to make a single 292 head?" I have two spare 350 heads that have 1.95 and 1.55 valves in them already? I also have two stock heads for a 4.3L v6 that are identical to the v8 heads, just minus two cylinders... I'm confident in my welding, but...
    Opinions?

2. wannadrag

wannadrag
    from WI

Get a hold of Mike Kirby at Sissels in West covina CA.He was making some pretty cool aluminum heads for the chevy 6.I have his number here somewhere if you cant find it online

3. This has been done before.

Bruce Sizemore is the guy back in the day that did this to a Ford 300 6 cyl. truck engine with Cleveland head conversion.

Have a read of the story on this link.

http://www.mmshof.org/inductees/Andrews_Bob.html

I know I have a magazine article on this from Popular Hot Rodding back in the 70's devoted to the build of kind. I will try and dig it out. Was a very effective engine once sorted. One many drag racing events and records.

4. Qparker

Qparker

I know leo santucci made this setup and I ordered his book It should be here by early next week...

5. Halfdozen

Halfdozen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You need to get a copy of Leo Santucci's book.

6. 37 BILL

37 BILL
    from Bristol CT

The big reason to do the sbc heads is ...options....opens up lots of flow tech.....far..far...above what you can do with a stock head.....there are some real great aluminim heads out ther for the six....but think of the options ya have with the sbc set up.......lots of work ...for sure....I drive Leos car......and I can tell ya...that set up peeeeels

7. bob308

bob308

i have done a few of the heads many years ago. i am working on cutting a pair of zz4 heads now.

8. brandon

brandon

old school ....dig the sectioned vette valve cover.

Attached Files: