Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where did your first car go????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toqwik, Nov 18, 2010.

1. paid $50.00 for my 30 ford tudor in1962. in the barn wating for a brake job. 49 years.

2. My first was an old 41 ford. Last I knew it went to the Toledo area, doubt it survived as it was rusty even when I parted with it many a year a ago.

3. David Chandler

David Chandler

Mine really went up in flames, not long after I traded it. It got scrapped I'm sure.

4. teddyp

teddyp

frist car 57 chevy conv. was yellow when i got it old race car redidit black then made a custom out of it got it when i was 15yrs. sold it 10 yrs later wish i still had it

Attached Files:

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Lost track of it, a few years after selling it

6. Still got it. It's my avatar--had it 24 years.

7. riskybiz

riskybiz

I still own it 56 Chevy 2 dr wagon (38 years) Still have the same wife too....:D

8. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

my first car was a 62, White, 4door, 283 w/ac Chevy Impala. it's probably long since been melted down. i still own my other 62, Chev i bought circa 1981 .

9. TxRat

TxRat

mine's been in the family since 1968, still got and driving it to the round-up this weekend

[​IMG]

10. :eek:my first street car was a 1954 chev and it is about 10 feet unerwater now in the edge of a river, kinda sunk in the mud cant find much of it along with 56 fd, 53 olds 63 chev oh and the 53 Lincoln, have not seem many of them for a long time, i was kinda destruktive long ago:eek:

11. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

My first car was a '72 Vega running a 327 sbc. It died an ugly death when I was t-boned on the highway by an old lady who lost control of her green Chrysler.

12. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

I got mine in the later part of 1967, when I was not quite sixteen. A 1940 Ford coupe. Currently, it's sitting leaking on my driveway.

13. jsz03

jsz03
    from PA

my Pops recently found info through a friend on his "first" car from high school...he actually owned a 63 Impala SS and 67 Cyclone, but considered his 1969 Cougar Eliminator to be the first since he paid for it himself.... worked 428 CJ and heads, Winters-built C-6, blue with white stripes...sold it for something like 2500 bucks in 1979 to a young guy who ended up driving it to Michigan and totaling it....apparently, a friend of my Dad's found the car based on the VIN, and it is just a shell of its former self...oh well :(

14. Not exactly my first car, but my first "real" car as it had a v8. I had several before that. It was a '67 SS Chevelle, around 1979, and it ended up at Boothill Auto Graveyard in New Richmond, Ohio. The guy that had this yard was a real character. He was into WW2 vehicles. I remember going back there with a buddy to get a front spindle. We road up the hill in his (owner's) Halftrack. One of his goons cut off the spindle with a torch and upon getting back to the office we noticed the guy cut off the steering arm instead of the tie rod. The owner, pissed off, hurled it through the windshield of a car and went and got us another one. The owner had a bad run in with the courts and took every opportunity to protest the corrupt system. He had huge signs (length of a low boy trailer) that he would park near the highway. The signs had a swastika and said "Gestapo Government" and Judge Ralph Hill is a "peckerhead" He also would bring his WW2 tank and a load of cars up by the highway and run over them, smashing them flat. Some said he was crazy, but most knew he was just a patriotic American fed up with the syatem. He and his displays made for some memorable impressions on this 18 year old (at the time) kid.

15. TxRat, that wagon is cool as all hell. I love it.
    Dont know how I missed this thread for this long! My 1st car was an O.T. red on red '69 Cougar sport special. 351W with a 3 spd on the floor. It was wrecked when my dad bought it for me. I fixed it with my own money and my own work. As soon as I got it running/driving I traded it for a '56 Chevy Belair that came home in 2 trips! :rolleyes:
    The Cougar was totaled in a roll over accident. The '56 went down the road because I was a kid in (way) over my head.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  16. angry

angry
    from ventura ca

17. CustomDave

CustomDave

I have no idea where mine ended up. It was an 81 Z28 that was in ok shape when I got it. I drove the hell out of it for about 2 years before the transmission went out. It sat for another 2 years in my parents garage before we sold it to a kid down the street. It was really rusty by that time. he drove it for awhile and moved away to college. His sister told me he sold it to someone at school. Never saw him or the car again.

18. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wish I knew, I'd buy it back. I've tried looking up the VIN but all I get are websites that can decode it. Since it is less than 17 digits, none of the locater sites I know of can do anything.

I still remember it for some reason: 6T07T260885

19. KK Hickey Designs

KK Hickey Designs

I had a 67 Mustang coupe for a first car. It was sitting in a junk yard somewhere near Merced Ca last I saw of it about 13 years ago. Got rear ended at a stop sign by my mom the week after I finished it while I was driving to my Grandparents. She wasn't paying attention and shoved me straight into a irrigation canal on the side of a road.

20. wandi harry

wandi harry

1965 ap6 valiant
    slant 6 leaning tower of power
    It was a piece of sh*t when I brought it and it was a bigger pile when I dropped it at a scrap yard.
    Considering it was only 20 years old it must have had a really hard life.
    Everything was stuffed

21. shortypu

shortypu

I'm glad to see so many people still have there first car.Bought mine in 79 for a $1000 and still have it in the driveway.

Attached Files:

22. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

It's probably been recycled a few times by now. My first car was a $200 '69 LTD which was later rear ended by a drunk driver back in '79. The 390 went in a buddy's F-250, the C-6 ended up in another buddy's car. After pulling all of the good usable parts the rusty hulk left on a hook...

23. big bad john

big bad john

.......My 55 Chevy when to the crusher many years ago.......Sure do miss that car....Had a lot of fun with it

24. pigpen1

pigpen1

54 pontiac went to the crusher in 1970

25. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

My 65 galaxie most likely went to the crusher back in 80,I wrecked it in late 78 and by the summer of 79 had it all straightened out and in primer but someone pulled out in front of me in 80 and mangled the front end again so I let it go and took the cash. Could of bought another 50 dollar parts car to fix it but it was winter and did not want to mess with it.

26. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Have no clue, sometimes I see one that I think is it but it's not. I don't miss it but would be interested in seeing what it looks like. Sold it 5 yrs ago locally after 28 yrs of owning it.

27. CARMENDER

CARMENDER

Still have it. 73 Vega hb 327/th400. Was my high school ride in 77. Drove it as my only ride for a few years, won a LOT of street races,drag raced it for a while. It's been apart since about 81. Now it has a full frame/cage,4 link,set up for a big block 4 speed street car, some day my son or I will finish it. I hope!

28. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Still have one of my high school cars! Unfortunately, I for some reason kept the least desirable of the batch - '62 Falcon 62C car... Not the smartest move! The first one I had was my '35 5 window that I found in '77 and had running with a 265 Chevy and hydraulic brakes by '79 or so. I sold it in late '80 to a guy that was going to "properly restore it as it should be", and it was disassembled and sat under a tree in Apache Junction, Az. until 2003 or so. I've seen it once since then and it was too expensive to buy back at the time, and have lost track since.

29. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Bought mine in winter of 83'..71' 429CJ Torino Cobra..Street raced the heck out of it until the law nearly got my license..Parents talked me into getting rid of it..Traded it for a 50' Merc..Lost track of the Torino, traded hands 5-6 times went up to Mass. before returning to NJ..A friend found the car in 07' and I was able to buy it back..Needs to be redone again,but I won't let it go no matter what..
    After much searching,also found my old 50 Merc. too..It's been for sale on the Hamb.

Attached Files:

30. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat
    from ms

no clue.. shreded most likely.