Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs chopped hudallac

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skenny'schopshop, Mar 29, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

just a couple pics of what im workin on for summer crusein 50 hudson with a 56 caddy motor 6x2 intake what yah think

Attached Files:

• hud2.jpg
      hud2.jpg
      File size:
      273 KB
      Views:
    • hud3.jpg
      hud3.jpg
      File size:
      253.5 KB
      Views:
    • hud4.jpg
      hud4.jpg
      File size:
      263.9 KB
      Views:
    • hud5.jpg
      hud5.jpg
      File size:
      277 KB
      Views:
    • hud6.jpg
      hud6.jpg
      File size:
      267.2 KB
      Views:
    • hud7.jpg
      hud7.jpg
      File size:
      261.4 KB
      Views:
  2. SixFive

SixFive

I think I'm getting sick of triangle chops on everything.

3. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Little long on the top add some meat to the tulip pannel before ya get too fer along.
    Looks like it could be a cool one.

4. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

Very cool motor choice. The hardtopped window openings might be passable.

But the roof just does not look right in the back. It's gotta come up, and it's got to have its compound curve restored. With a little help it could be pretty nice.

5. jfrolka

jfrolka

Ya a little more shape to the roof so its not so flat... I dig the slammed look your goin for but a little more shape would be good...have you thought of adding a plymouth small rear window? Search paul bragg and check out the merc he did with the small back window... caddy motor with the 6x2 is bitchin

6. rancid737

rancid737

Educate me......where is the tulip panel?

7. the panel between the roof and the trunk

8. that thing is ugly as sin, but i love it. should be very unique when done-go for it.

9. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Roof looks a little too flat. Make rear window bigger, or just ditch it all together.

10. The window line is good, but the top of the roof has become flattened out a little in the chop, across the crown. Perhaps look for a donor roof skin with some curve to it? I agree that a bigger rear window would look good.

11. TJratz

TJratz

---x2

12. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

1st off, its your car do what you want to it. to me you just killed a car. if you didn't keep all the pieces you cut off,then good luck if you want to change it. i don't call these chops triange. i call them wedge or door stop chops. when you decided to chop it. did you look at other cars to see how things flow. people have been chopping cars for decades. i don't understand how someone car chop one like this. ohh maybe he looks at ol skull shit mag to much.

that mag started the down fall with hot rods and customs. putting pile of shit cars as features. so other think thats how its done. poor hudson. hope the doctors can help you out.

yet again it your car. so fuck it up how you want.

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Add me to that list. Love the engine though.

And I have to agree that the back window is way too small or at least to short. In square inches it is less than the one in my truck and that is pretty small. That was the first thing I saw and started wondering if you were going to pad the top to look like a Carson top.

14. Dago Red

Dago Red
    from Delaware

I remember when rodders used to bag on new cars for looking like used bars of soap. These sort of "Ol Skool" chops aren't any better.

15. I was thinking the same thing. A little curve to the window area and a larger window.

A fast back hudson who would have thought.

16. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

You need to get some crown going on in that roof. WAY too flat... and the mail slot window needs to go.

Cool motor and stance.

17. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

I can dig the direction you are going, but as others said, the back of the roof/rear window needs some reworking. It may just be the picture, but is the roof sagging in the center above the rear window? Another thing, on your two link where you have the plate welded to the two link bar going up the the rear end. I can't see how it's attached to the rear end, but if it is welded there as well, I would HIGHLY suggest reworking that as well. With no bushing, or U-bolts, or something there to absorb the forces from suspension constantly moving around, metal fatigue WILL make that setup break apart eventually. There has to be something that has a little give to it(bushings, ubolts, etc) and metal welded to metal has no give. It will essentially flex back and forth until it snaps.

18. rodknocker

rodknocker

I like the engine.

19. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Great concept but needs some refining, if your happy though that's all that matters

20. Looks cool, that rear window is a bit small for me.

21. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

22. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

CALL ME CRAZY but I like it? Maybe cause it DOESN'T look like all the others? Springs here, you better get busy!!

23. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

SORRY, after further review, yeah you need to get some shape to the roof and rethink the rear glass?

24. It really doesn't need much just a slight crown would do it.

25. Couldn´t resist - I stuck the roof from Paul Braggs Merc on and the side window shape is actually virtually identical. The roof just needs some help.

From Riksters pages...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

that's the look:)

27. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Roof looks bad man, and not good like bad, bad like bad. You made a skate ramp. It's going to be hard to put that crown back in the roof with a weld seam going through the middle of a flat surface like that.

28. Yikes. That thing has a HUGE flat spot in it.

Honestly, it really wouldn't take a whole hell of a lot to fix that roof. You might want to re-think the rear window, and re-work the chop some before you get too far along.

29. You sure heaped a lot of ugly on the poor Hudson. Sad that you ruined a 2 door.

30. tylersloan

tylersloan
    from baytown tx

i like it just needs some crown in the roof keep at it i want to see more