Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. king of the mercs

king of the mercs

Hey car guys. Just a note to let everyone know i an still here --not a janitor as someone placed in the threads and not bankruped as was also placed in these threads. I need for mutt,bobk and oomack to contact me as there is alot of info on the site about me that is not true and i want to get that matter straightened out.I turned 70 years old yesterday 3-27-11. Enjoying the retired life and welcome any emails from any of the old car buffs i have met over the years. Hope to hear from alot of you guys. Thanks larry kramer "king of the mercs" ps i plan on post alot of photos of my mercury builds that will clear up alot of statements made about cars i have built that people said i did not!!!!! Build.. my e-mail address is [email protected]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  2. das858

das858

Welcome from Nebraska.

3. hummmm, I heard you was dead- welcome back to the quick

4. Welcome to the HAMB Larry....at '77 I have seen many of your builds in the magazines...

5. Nice to see you on the HAMB Larry, we met at one of the Leadsled spectaculars, I think
    it may have been in Davenport Iowa , hotter than hell that year and you may have had the Red Merc with you that year. At any rate , I can hardly wait to see some photos, hopefully you will do some build ups too. A friend of mine in Ontario ended up with a purple Merc you'd built and sold to Duke Deadman to drive when he was sixteen years old. I often wonder what ever became of this old car as Duke passed a couple of years back and most of his stuff just vanished.....
    Welcome aboard,
    Chris.

6. duck279

duck279
    from SC

Welcome King of mercs

7. pumpman

pumpman

Welcome from Union Pier, MI.

8. king of the mercs

king of the mercs

Thanks man. I remember that weekend very well. First time out with the merc. Left my shop with 3 test miles on it and a perfect round trip. You were right on the temp. Hottest place i have ever been for a show. Rolled into town and temp on the bank sign was 105. Take care and thanks for the reply "king of the mercs" larry kramer

9. jrose7004

jrose7004

Welcome to the HAMB!

10. Welcome from Denver

11. John Denich

John Denich

Yup I drove the wheels off that Merc huh Chris...I wonder where its at now! those were some good times 16 and Kramer built merc!!! I was lucky welcome to the HAMB Larry!

12. Hey Larry, met you 1996 at the Merc Duece Reunion in Holland, MI. Good to know you're still out there and welcome to the H.A.M.B.

13. low merc51

low merc51

14. Welcome from CA.

15. oddrod46

oddrod46
    from Georgia

welcome from the Dirty south!

16. John B

John B

Welcome Larry, always liked your work

17. Welcome aboard the H.A.M.B. here from Des Moines, Iowa!

18. king of the mercs

king of the mercs

Oliver bros garage..thanks much for the welcome....king of the mercs

19. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Larry Kramer (king of Mercs) on the HAMB? Very Kool! Welcome aboard Larry, One of my
    goals is too see one of your rides in person. Hopefully our paths will cross some day. Larry
    has to be one of the best at section'n a car because you can section a car like no other. I
    remember looking through the Kool Custom Rodder magazines and thought that it was
    Christmas when they showed a picture of one of your creations.

There is always room for more Merc guys on the HAMB. Especially the King of Mercs

Happy Trails, Mick

20. retiredcarguy

retiredcarguy

Hey Larry, I put a few pictures of the Buick on that site that featured 47 Buick fastbacks and all I got was bitching that the car wasn't traditional and cut downs. I was so ticked off that I removed the pictures. Is there anyplace on this site where I can display the car without these clowns tearing it down?

21. Kinky6

Kinky6

Hey, retiredcarguy,

I don't mean to bug you just for the heck of it, and I understand that you have a car that made kind of a splash when it hit the car shows and magazines in the early '90's. Your post prompted me to go look on Larry Kramer's picture galleries. His body of work is huge, and it covers a wide range of styles.

The thing about the HAMB, is the focus is on stuff that was, or at least resembles, stuff that was built before 1964 or so. Some of Larry's cars are right in there: his black '39 Merc w/ full caps and skirts, Mike Thompson's Lo Merc w/ the Buick side trim, the Yates Merc also, and the candy red Carson Top Merc, all of these look like they could have been featured in a hot rod or custom mag sometime back in the '50's.

Some of Larry's builds are more modern takes on customs: the Merrodder, Bill Block's Pro Street Merc, and your Roadmaster. They all look like they were candidates for magazine cover shots in the late '80's and early '90's. They are some of the cars that helped define the contemporary rod and custom style of that era. As such, these type of cars are just completely outside the focus of what the HAMB is about.

We don't expect everyone to like these older build styles, or to even understand why we like them. The HAMB is simply dedicated to an appreciation of the earlier styles of rods and customs, and does not welcome stuff that doesn't fit our criteria.

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

22. retiredcarguy

retiredcarguy

Thanks for the note. I'm just on the wrong site although I think I'll leave my pictures on that one Buick site. Probably just to tick off some of the TRADITIONALISTS. What a lot of crap over a car that just don't fit although some of the other customs I saw lean pretty far away from traditional in my eyes. Who is to judge, I know I won't be back to this site.

23. retiredcarguy

retiredcarguy

Larry, I had enough of this site. I haven't met anyone who wants the Buick or even likes it as they all say or at least most say it doesn't fit as it isn't traditional. I can take a hint, I'm gone. Send me an e-mail if you would like to comment as I won't be back on this site, BOB

24. LuckyFordGuy

LuckyFordGuy

Welcome Larry you help me out a lot Thanks Rog

25. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

Glad to hear you are still alive & kickin