Register now to get rid of these ads!

Photo shop me some headlights/win something kool.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by finkd, Feb 18, 2011.

1. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

OKAY , boys and girls, are all the entry's in? I am checking and getting ready to make my choice, last chance....

2. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Pick me, pick me!:D

What are you going to do with the old headlights if you do change it?
    I like that style and they would look great on my O/T car that my screen name is named after!

[​IMG]

3. The suspense is almost too much! :eek:

4. Squablow

Squablow

I really like the photoshop with the Firebird lights, they look much better than what's currently there, they still give a 60's look but keep the squareness that fits the front of the truck.

And I agree with whoever said that it's not so much the fact that the current square headlights don't fit, it's that the truck has a little too much of a mix of eras. Wide whitewalls on chrome steel wheels and flat black just don't go with the square lights and the super shaved body , it's 50's fighting the 70's/80's. The Firebird lights at least make it look like it could have been built at some point in the 60's.

5. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

Well, I disagree on the mixed eras, the black is not the trendy black with red wheels, it is just black primer because the truck was going to be painted black, and there is chrome that goes on the truck, you see a bodymans stuff , sometimes comes last, and there there are other projects to push ahead, and life......kids.....you know. The truck isn't going anywhere, as in I don't have any reason to sell, so I have just kinda put it on the back burner, and the black primer allowed me to drive it across country a few times to shake all the bugs out.And now it has come time to think about finishing it. I wasn't really going for a 60's period era correct type build just a radical kustom pick up with lots of wild work to kinda show off what metal work and how much work can be put into one truck. it was never meant to be 60's just wild. so I have made up my mind and will be annoucing the lucky winner in a few days. thanks to all those who played along.

6. the other me

the other me

congrats adam shumard and the 69 firebird lights!!! Hey, any kind of prize for the correct guess on what you chose?!!!? LOL...

7. Roadsir

Roadsir

I can't photoshop but I think a 55-57 Chev car or pickup with an exaggerated top edge would work well.

8. hvychvy

hvychvy

I think these look great,but would be cool molded in,without the chrome,since there is no chrome in the grill.I think its totally bitchin as is though!!

9. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

here are some new pics of the trim I'm thinking about.

Attached Files:

10. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the peek. Looking forward to seeing the Stude finished.

11. You could just carry a '60s Rod and Custom or Hot Rod with some show coverage.

Maybe try some over and under round lights. No bezzels like you got only round. They would kind of go with your rounded fenders.

I wouldn't change the grill either, nice truck. Ya wanna trade for my '61 Willys? I wouldn't have a problem driving your at all and could care less if someone takes me serious or not.

12. leadhead51

leadhead51
    from ontario

love the truck,but not feelin the trim.i have to wait and see i have been wrong once before

13. jfrolka

jfrolka

69 firebird hands down looks awesome

14. Sunshine14

Sunshine14

i like the trim!

15. What happened with the lights in the end? Can´t leave us hanging!

16. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

My fave! Get his address!

17. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

What is that trim from? It looks a lot like 1961 Monarch, but as rare as that is I would be surprised to see it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. KSLeadslinger

KSLeadslinger

Maybe you should use duel Tucker center light that would turn with the truck as it turns, French them in...bet you never thought of that one

19. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

Nope, your right, never thought of that one, and what kinda freak would?.....oh , wait I see you are from THAT town, that explains alot.... LOL how ya doin' mr cooper, how was the trip? you should really think about coming down and hangin out , I 'll buy ya some taco tico.......

20. cakes

cakes

this

or this

21. 1- shot slinger

1- shot slinger

Really dig the trim Jeff. Have you thought about '65-'69 Corvair headlights? They wouldn't be too pricey and could give a cool effect with the points turned down, and the round bezels frenched to the body...I apologize if you're past the headlight issue.

[​IMG]

22. That's f'n genius right there. Keeps the rectangular shape that fits the truck and shuts the naysayers traps.

23. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

The Firebird rings would need to be reworked heavily or new ones made because the angles are very different, but it does look interesting.

24. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I need to stop back in and see this :) (just might bring my camera too)

25. Stone

Stone

The more I think about this truck the more I like it. Could you post more pics please?