Register now to get rid of these ads!

I am Number 2

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by Living Hamb, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Living Hamb

Living Hamb

So as much as I love them it was good not have the kids this weekend. Top Fuel championships Friday night and Saturday and today swap meet followed by a day of shed time!

Good chance to start "no 2". Photos to come but got in and laid out the bits I've got so far. Chassis, front beam, spring, cowl mounted fuel tank that i' ll cut the bum out of and use as top of cowl. The chassis was made for A model and is 137" and has cross members that I don't need. Few hours with the 9" grinder later and it's all chopped up and will come in about 110". Still trying to work out best way to mount front end but reckon I've got a plan. Will tack it all together one night this week

2. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Cool...looking forward to watching your progress.

3. Sooty72

Sooty72
    from Bris-Vegas

Pics, or it didn't happen. Ha Ha. :D

What swap meet? :confused:

4. Living Hamb

Living Hamb

Frame prior to cut up.....
    Wheel mounted on axle for looks :p

Attached Files:

5. Living Hamb

Living Hamb

Ormiston swap yesterday. Always big but seemed to be alot of crap there yesterday. It's always crap if there's nothing i want hehe. Did pick up cool little fuel tank for $5 (in the photos sitting on the beam)

6. Living Hamb

Living Hamb

7. Living Hamb

Living Hamb

"Chop, Chop" would make more sense if i attached the photos.......

Attached Files:

8. Living Hamb

Living Hamb

WARNING!!!!!!! Vintage parts are very heavy and can cause injury. Do not let i-beam roll off axle stand onto foot......should buff out

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      177.2 KB
      Views:
  9. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Don't catch parts with your foot!:eek:

10. Living Hamb

Living Hamb

Time for an update. Since my last update i have changed jobs which has seen a big reduction in wages but some retention of my sanity which is priceless. But the good news is i'm now a salesman at an Auto Parts Recycler so the $$$ i'm short is offset with cheap (and free) parts for my projects...IDEAL. On top of that i got married 6 weeks ago to Bec. Great day but we all know the expense of a wedding!!!! Hasn't stopped me collecting parts though. Front tyres, check. Diff, check (free from work). Coker L78's, check. Rear rims,check (free from work), radiator, (brand new, sent incorrectly from supplier, Free) and the list goes on.

But before i go ahead, i'm a bit unsure of the status of our class here in OZ. The co-owner of the Nostalgia series is in the big house (and so he should be) and no-one supported the last meet still run be his business, me included, and as yet no-one has rescued the series. So do i build my car to HA/GR specs for a bracket that might not resurface or make the slight adjustments required to run Hot Rod classes?? time will tell. Hope the Option A.....

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  11. Old28

Old28

Well good luck with your build and all the changes in your life. Your new job works out well for a guy building a HAMBster car. Will the motor & trans come from the same place? We should all have a job at a wrecking/recycle yard.

From what I read it's good news that the guy running the nostalgia series down there is behind bars. I hope someone steps up to keep the races going. Best of luck.

12. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Well, you certainly had the "cuttin'er up & droppin' parts on your foot" aspect of it down well (are you sure you're not related to me?). :D

Start's lookin' good, hope it goes smoother now. :cool:

13. Living Hamb

Living Hamb

Well as if someone was listening, there is a post today on a local forum here that our local track will run the scheduled February Nostalgia meet themselves. The countdown has begun, big task but I'll sure try my best.

14. Living Hamb

Living Hamb

Slow progress is better than none.........tires fitted to rims to work out ride heights etc. This is my version of "bigs and littles"

Attached Files:

15. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Those look right!

16. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Come on man, you know you can do it. If you need any help let me know, I know you know my phone number.