Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs russ meeks nomad a roller again

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by madwagon56, Jan 23, 2011.

1. madwagon56

madwagon56

well got real busy in tha last few weeks and got the body finished up, pulled the frame out cleaned it and got the body on it. gotta thank my father, brother, big robbie and mondo for there help it was flat pouring down when we got the body on. everything came together perfect, now gonna wet sand it and paint it for the last time. still tossed on color love candy red but it looks so good black. im thinking black, here's a few updated pictures of the body frame match. also had to pull the ford out with the nomad and snap a picture it was such a nice sunny day

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. tony31a

tony31a

Looks awesome! Your not having Rick South spray it?

3. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

don't realy know the history of the car,but your doing a hellofa job getting it back together.beautiful

4. madwagon56

madwagon56

would love to have ricky paint it !!!!!

5. tony31a

tony31a

I'll bug him about it tomorrow.

6. I love the Sectioned Nomad!! Love it! Great work getting it back together.

7. madwagon56

madwagon56

well got some time and got more done on the wagon. installed the brake and clutch pedal assy, brake booster and master cylinder, finished hooking up the brake lines, got the firewall pad, wipers and heater in. ran out of time but gonna bleed the brakes and for the first time since ive owned it maybe it will stop on its own. few more pic's

Attached Files:

8. koolkemp

koolkemp

Looking great ,you are getting closer! Do you plan to have it on the road this year?

9. madwagon56

madwagon56

hope so hey its only been 8 years to get brakes on it. ha ha ha

10. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

that dash looks interesting,do you have pics of what it looked like then?

11. Rikster

Rikster

Looks great ROD!

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Boy howdy, it's been a long time since that one has been on the road or shown if memory serves right.

13. fleet-master

fleet-master

WOW!! cool cars both of 'em!! your Nomad looks real nice in black I reckon...got any more pics of your Ford? Lookin forward to the progress pics of the Nomad as it comes together . Real nice car PB

14. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

I get a hard on every time I see these pictures!

15. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

Great looking Nomad. Would leave it "Back in Black". Keep us posted.

16. madwagon56

madwagon56

well i wish i had pictures of the dash from the day! R&C in 1968 it had the stock dash with s/w gauges in it, then when russ re-did it in the late 60's he cut the dash out and it just followed around the winsheild and was covered in vinyl. there was just the stock column sticking out. when i got the car someone had cut some of it out and i didnt have any pictures so i did the best of both worlds i put a steel dash in it took the humps out, put the gauges back up in the dash, speedo above the column. then i took a 64 impala tilt and reformed the lower cover so it fits the dash bezel, it fits together slick. then i used a 64-66 factory gm wood wheel hub and a unknow wood wheel. here is some pictures and thanks for all the kind words.

Attached Files:

17. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

Nice car! I will always have a soft spot for nomads I had one for one of my first projects...

18. That's really cool. I am an old friend of Russ's Have not talked to him in a long while. How is he? Is he still kickin'? That man has more talent in his little finger than ten men. And a great guy too. I miss Russ.

19. madwagon56

madwagon56

hey curbspeed, i dont talk to russ, ive seen him a couple of times seems to be doing good.

20. glassguyOC

glassguyOC
    from O.C.

great car, more updates!

21. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes! An all time favorite!

22. Nice work on a classic Chevy!:cool:

23. Thanks for the response. I think I'll give Russ a call. What bedliner product did you use on the floor? Looks good. Brush or spray? I bought some that you brush on and I don't really like it. You got a badass car going together there. Too cool.

24. madwagon56

madwagon56

i had a truck bedliner shop here in town do the inside of the car, ill get you the name of what we used on the bottom, it was a spray on stuff looked and worked great. very durable.

25. jangleguy

jangleguy

God it looks great in black! Just my biased opinion...