Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Bobs burbank

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bert Kollar, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

Visiting from Ohio. Just had to see what Bobs is all about. Got there early yesterday, 4:30 (as advised in this site ) three hot rods and the rest looked like a parking lot out of the 70's. What a disappointment. Maybe it was the dark clouds, maybe too early but I got to tell you IT SUCKED. We have the same crap in Ohio. A bunch of grey beards and guys that bought their cars get there early to get a parking spot together and BS all night. I bought a T shirt though just to say I've been there but you guys are misleading the real hot rod builders by telling how great it is. I can't wait for the Vintage Street Rod Association (VSRA ) show in Medina Ohio in June. this is a club for only pre 1949 cars and the first meet last year in Memphis was a huge success. Sorry guys, but I bought my first new car in '56, and a couple dozen more through the 60's and 70's and 80's and my hotrods now are '27, '29' '34. I suggest these outings be held on two different nights. One for the hotrods and the second for the Edsels, Chevy 210's, Corvettes and whatever else wants to show up.

2. every friday night is different....

3. big creep

big creep

yep! muscle car heaven. not my favorite, but it is what it is, but every friday you get different cars!

4. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Yup, the weather was the issue.

5. Nobody is misleading anyone. Sorry it wasn't up to Ohio standards. Comparing a local, casual, cruise night to an organized show is a bit like comparing apples and oranges. There are always a variety of cars at Bob's. Yesterday was a lousy day, weather wise, so many stayed home. It is usually biased towards the later cars, but that's real life. More people have later cars than early rods. As far as having two nights, that won't work. Bob's is in the business of selling food. They couldn't care less if you show up in a Hyundai or a bicycle as long as you buy a burger. The nice thing about Bob's is that there are no rules. I usually show up on my V-8 bike. I don't feel I should be kicked out because it doesn't fit into someone's mold

6. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Bob's ain't what it used to be!!! If you don't mind parking next to a 1999 yellow corvette with the hood open?!?!?!?!:eek:

7. Hemi8me

Hemi8me

I want to know more about the show coming to Medina, Ohio.

8. 61bone

61bone

No worse than parking next to a 2010 Vette with the hood open.

9. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

sorry it wasnt as hardcore as the billet wheeled model A.... i mean mopar, of yours lol! ;)

10. big creep

big creep

lmfao!!!!!!

11. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

X2........

Some you win ......some you lose

we had a great time when we visited........

12. jasone

jasone

^^^Bwwaaahhhhaaahh, LMFAO!^^^ Bob's is great......for the food, and us fake hot rod builders better stop misleading people.

13. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

We were at Bob's in January when we were out for the GNRS and thought it was good. I feel that old cars are old cars, Hot rods or Muscle cars it doesn't matter, Don't be a primadonna car nazi, just be happy that there are other old car guys to share the hobby with.

14. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

I went to Bob's when I went to GNRS '07. It was a cold night by Cali standards and there weren't that many cars to see. But hell it was still worth the trip just for the neon sign and the decor inside. It's a historical place. Sure beats whatevers going on in E. Bumfuck in January.

15. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

16. Duh! All the cool cars are out being DRIVEN.....

17. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

"I can't wait for the Vintage Street Rod Association (VSRA ) show in Medina Ohio in June. this is a club for only pre 1949 cars and the first meet last year in Memphis was a huge success."

Sounds like early NSRA, back in the days before Goodguys moved '48 up to '72.

18. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

t.y.a.

19. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

and that's a bad thing?

20. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

more cry baby dolls ..NSRA stickers and folding chairs then

21. VonWegener

VonWegener

Isn't it great? We get to live where other people spend their vacation. How many californians come out to your town on a friday night in march?
    Oh and don't come out west for any other events either. None of them measure up to Ohio standards...........

22. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

23. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

i think its just more of a novelty thing, going to california that is,once people who dont live there get a chance to visit,they dont wanna go back.

24. erlomd

erlomd

Well, not every night is a great night but at least it's always a good night. I always try to make it every time Im In town, if it's a bad show, enjoy the burgers and the shakes, when it's a great night do the same. It's always a win win. I understand slightly what your saying but coming from Miami where the hot rod scene is a little terrifying, this is always a breath of fresh air. And there are so many other cruise nights to go to some better than others but nothing compares....socal=hot rods....it's like when you go to lion country safari, you know there's lions and other cool animals roaming around but there not always going to show their face just because your in town...

25. John Denich

John Denich

Good its to crowded here now...stay home!

26. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

lol! :D

27. erlomd

erlomd

That also depends...see again I'm not from California but I have had the privilege to have been livinng there for the past 5 years and it has just about anything anyone can ever want....so be it that the government there sucks and prices for anything sometimes a tad too much compared to other places but really, the best thing about California are what you make of it....you can do lots more in California really well or you can do maybe 1 or 2 things better somewhere else... Those are my lousy 2 cents about it.

28. berickson

berickson

I really do like California and i think it's a bit silly to complain about something like a burger joint recomendation. Everyone should take a look at www.notcalclothing.com. A good portion of my family is from Cali and still lives there, but i did get a bit tired of seeing norcal or socal stickers on every other car here in AZ. Half these people were not even from california and probably just wished they were there because it is a beautiful place. The headliner in my car, will be an AZ state flag.

29. I love to hear someone complain about the 70's and muscle cars when he runs radials on his vehicles.