Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

2. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I couldn't help it, I just had to do it. Ran out of time for paint tho. :D:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  3. 'Mo

'Mo

Quite the contrary!

4. hotrod34

hotrod34

can anyone help with my picture. I was going to look at steel wheels but don't want to waste my money.

5. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Yeah I agree, it takes some talent to do flames and I know the amount of time required to do 'em. Thanks again James.

6. KrisKustomPaint

KrisKustomPaint

James D.... the D must stand for dedication. I PS a picture on here every once in a while, when it strikes my fancy, but every time I see what everyone has been up to James has 5 posts on every page. Taking requests like wolfman jack. We need to whip you up some sort of award for the Photo Shop thread. How much does it cost to ship to germany?

7. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Here's a photoshop of your original idea. I'll see if I can find steel wheels later. Gotta go work on my truck.yeeehaaa! :D
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  8. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

LOL Good idea!

9. KK Hickey Designs

KK Hickey Designs

You didn't give a lot of details so I didn't give a lot of effort. Let me know if you want me to change or ad anything and I'll do that otherwise I'll just clean it up for you if this looks okay as it is.
    [​IMG]

10. hotrod34

hotrod34

Thank you. that looks good with the slicks. can t wait to see some other options.

11. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Thanks, yea the factory thin hockeypuck looking trim on the door and spear that goes on the rear 1/4. And more of a darker orange. Probably without the tinted windows also. Thanks again for the help.

Attached Files:

12. KK Hickey Designs

KK Hickey Designs

I'll fix the color and windows here in a few... Posted the wrong first pic, sorry.
    [​IMG]

13. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

Can somebody tell me what steel wheels are? other than made out of steel? Sound like they could be anything.

14. don daddyo

don daddyo

HI! this thread is way too kool ,would like to get some new color on my custom...As orange or a kool green two tone like this one.../Users/lmetsos/Documents/don/cruz5.jpg/Users/lmetsos/Documents/don/db_San_Jose_Classic___Customs_Show_2051.jpg

15. don daddyo

don daddyo

sorry try this/Users/lmetsos/Documents/don/cruz5.jpg/Users/lmetsos/Documents/don/db_San_Jose_Classic___Customs_Show_2051.jpg

16. don daddyo

don daddyo

17. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Just a disc wheel stamped out of steel, often with provision for attaching a center cap. They were the standard wheel on American cars from the mid-1930s until the mid-1980s.

-Dave

18. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

Erh. Well that really narrows it down. I`m assuming you mean smoothies? Thats as standard as I can think of. however between 1930 and the 80s Im sure theres a million variations.

19. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

A smoothie is generally a chromed steel wheel with a small hub cap. In the good old days we called those small hubcaps "Baby Moons". You're right, there are lots of different variations of the steel wheel, but all are superior to the teflon ones.

20. HotRodHon

HotRodHon

Basically, when someone talks about steelies, they are just referring to an original wheel as compared to a Mag or custom wheel. Nothing special about it.

21. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

Okay so I`ll just assume they mean stock for whatever year car it is. Thanks for explaining.

don daddyO click go advanced button - add attachment.

22. Pacsh

Pacsh
    from Venice, FL

I would really appreciate it if someone could put this color,:

[​IMG]

On my Falcon Van:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you could, please do one pic all blue, and one with the 2-tone style like this van:

[​IMG]

Please pay no attention to the wheels! This is from when I bought the van, and it now sits on a set of brand new Cragar SS's.

Sorry for pic quality/size. I look forward to see what comes out of this

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  23. marks73turbota

marks73turbota

Hey guys. I have that '63 Catalina street freak that you guys helped with. I have a pic of it on the ground now with the full front assembled. Can you cut off the front fender panel that drops down behind the headlights, which would normally be behind the bumper? I'd like to see what it looks like with the cut at the bottom of the headlights and straight back until it gets to the wheelwell. Thanks. Mark L

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  24. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Like this?

[​IMG]

Also did the lower headlight like an air intake...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

25. :( No love?

26. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Smoothies are kind of a sad imitation of a stock steel wheel; but since the originals got very little respect in junkyards, they’re getting hard to find. Smoothies make an OK generic replacement, but they never look right on anything to my eye.

Thinking of it as the stock wheel is usually correct, but if somebody specifies steelies on a ‘32 Ford, that would be a non-stock wheel, as ‘32s came with wire-spoke wheels.

There are lots of variations, but a good rule of thumb might be to picture stock ‘40-Ford wheels if somebody specifies a ‘40s or ‘50s build style; and John Milner’s wheels painted instead of chromed for anything later. Nobody is usually thinking of anything outside of that without first specifying what he or she means (MoPar cop car wheels, for example, were one of Tex Smith's favorite steel wheels).

-Dave

27. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Sorry for the delay, I kept forgetting to do it...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

28. marks73turbota

marks73turbota

Hey LN7 NUT, that is exactly what I needed to see. Not sure if I like it but I know I don't like the extra fender part hanging down. But you gave me a perfect representation of one cutoff. Thank you very much. And the missing headlight looks good too. Mark L

29. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

My pleasure!

Another option that might be too bad looking but sounds terrible, is the bend those parts that hang down 90º inboard, you could even make a filler panel that would hide them and it would look really smooth and would be easily reversible.

30. marks73turbota

marks73turbota

HMMM. Got me thinking on that. Thanks again. Mark L