Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2011 Portland Roadster show photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr48chev, Mar 21, 2011.

1. skreemin

skreemin
    from Salem Or

Now that you put it that way...I'm not real bright am I?

2. skreemin

skreemin
    from Salem Or

Alright, now I feel better. Thanks man. It was cool seeing your car there. I cracked up when I saw the pans under it!

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It made my day when I walked around the corner and Mr Model T's roadster was sitting there. You would swear that it had been rolled out of hiding in someone my age's grandpa's barn or shed and cleaned off and taken to the show.
    I spent a bit of time studying the A too Skreemin. My photos of it didn't turn out very great but it is a solid and well put together little hot rod.

One of the best parts for me was for the first time in a long time I didn't have to fight my way though or around a line of people waiting for an autographed photo of some celebrity.

The "Celebrity" in attendance was a gal that we almost claim as one of our own and she was next to Gene with a Graffiti Deuce. Candy looked great and looked to be having a ball visiting with everyone.

If a guy passed on the show because his nose was too high in the air to allow him to go to a show that didn't totally cater to what he though should be in it he made the choice and lost out. The quality of the entered cars over all from Takeout T and the Red 40 down to the unfinished rods in the third room was outstanding. Some of the so called "movie cars" left a lot to be desired but they were there in hope of drawing in the mouthbreating hoard that usually shows up to get the poster of their favorite rassler and exit the building.
    Sunday was a fantastic day to go in that it wasn't crowded and most of the people in the building were car people or spectators who were really interested in the cars and not using it as a couple of hours of time filler while they had the brats for the afternoon on visitation day.

I think I have 215 photo on my main album from the show that I put a link to in the first page.

We will be back next year and hopefully have the 48 entered in 2013 before leaving for Roundup and a long vacation trip in it. That gives me two years to get my ass in gear and get busy.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  4. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

that nova is my favorite of the lot.

5. duck279

duck279
    from SC

Awesome pics, looks like a good show. Thanks for sharing.

6. MrModelT

MrModelT

Likewise! Your A was looking as good as always :cool:....despite the fact it wouldn't start! :mad: ...I would have loved to have heard you come into the building with the lake pipes open! :eek: :D

..Like I always say "If it ain't leakin'...it ain't right"

It's a "T"......what else can I say? :D

This comment made MY day! That was the look I was going for, you saying that means I succeeded. :D

7. skreemin

skreemin
    from Salem Or

You and me both! Interesting side note, pushed the car out of the garage two days after the show, tapped the throttle twice and WHOOOM! Fired up. Oh well, took it for a victory cruise and burned up what little gas was left.

8. skreemin

skreemin
    from Salem Or

A million thank yous!

9. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

Now your "T" In my mind ran Off with the Show:D I like your "T"............

Ol Deuce

10. JDocherty

JDocherty

11. 54metalman

54metalman

Cool Pics. I always liked that show. Nice to see Cody from Hurst Tires had is sedan there. Wonder if the hot chick was his lady friend? I remeber when he drug that thing home. Wow. And good to see Joyce there with Cherrie Bomb. Nice stuff.