Register now to get rid of these ads!

Don Garlits video!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brian_03, Mar 22, 2011.

1. RICKY MCGREGOR

RICKY MCGREGOR
    from wichita ks

Thats one kool old man.

2. Brian_03

Brian_03
    from Largo, Fl

One thing is for sure, Don could run circles around most guys my age in a shop. He still works on hot rods and restoring race cars in his shop 6 days a week.

3. Brian_03

Brian_03
    from Largo, Fl

I am trying to get as many people as I can to see this, so if you could help me out and maybe send the link to the video out to people in your email list would be a awesome help!!!

4. Z28#107

Z28#107
    from florida

already done ~ THANKS!!!

5. thehazguy

thehazguy

Great, Great video Nice job. Always enjoy seeing and talking with Don 'Big Daddy" grew up a couple miles from Island Dragway in Great Meadows site of his 201 mph Wasn't there that day but was there may times after when he match raced. Here's a pic when he stopped at an old Flying "A" gas station and a family friend had him autograph this for me. He re-autographed at the 50th anniversary meet at Island this past August 2010. The original autograph faded somewhat over the years in the upper left hand corner.

Attached Files:

6. Brian_03

Brian_03
    from Largo, Fl

Your the man!!!

7. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

1959, my friend jim and i went to the drags in sebring fl instead of going on our senior trip.don, wife, brother ed were going to lunch and don asked jim and i if we would watch his car while they were gone..WE DID

8. Brian_03

Brian_03
    from Largo, Fl

If anyone has any cool pictures they took of Don in the 60's or 70's and would not mind if I used them to finish the longer version of the video please get ahold of me. would love to have some photos from the pits.