Register now to get rid of these ads!

newbie in oklahoma

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Pappy's 35, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Pappy's 35

Pappy's 35
    from oklahoma

Hello fellas, my names william , and i've been readin up on the hamb, researching Q's & A's that i may encounter on a project ive had for a couple years but have unfortunately havent gotten the chance to start..looking to build a nice "tradistional rod " with little to no money. looking to get as low as i can with a suicide front end a z in the back if thats what its gunna take . wont be ordering any parts from any one , ebaying my ride together, or from a catalog ( no offense to those whom can afford such ) just country cruising .bartering and such, true "traditional" style!!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  2. Pappy's 35

Pappy's 35
    from oklahoma

well fellas, this is what im workin with , a pile of parts just resting on itself, but i hope to succeed in a great "tadiditional" build with the help of you fine craftsmen.
    i suppose my 1st question is conscerning my frame . can a 1938 chevy frame be "z" succefully, it seems to taper a little,having the lip at the bottom of the rails and all ? ild like to lower it as much as possible without bottoming out in the front. running a suicide front end hopefully.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  3. jrose7004

jrose7004

Welcome from one Oklahoman to another!

4. Pappy's 35

Pappy's 35
    from oklahoma

many thanks! been reading the hamb for a while now but the time to actually start turning nuts and bolts is approaching. well , once i drag it here from Indiana in a few weeks. wish me some luck !

5. If you've been reading the HAMB for a while you should know the rodent word is a no-no. We know you really meant traditional. Good luck on your build and welcome from Michigan.

6. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

Welcome from Tulsa. Gasserman

7. bubmrdrmerc

bubmrdrmerc
    from oklahoma

welcome from Tuttle

8. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

welcome from Kentucky

9. duck279

duck279
    from SC

Hi, Welcome to the H.A.M.B. Good place with lots of talent and good advice.

10. racer32

racer32

^^^What he said.^^^

What part of OK you from, Pappy?

11. Pappy's 35

Pappy's 35
    from oklahoma

i shall refrain from using any further blasphemies, my apologies. I live in Elk City, Oklahoma . have lived in shawnee for a few years . I'm originally from Madison Indiana.

12. Welcome to the Hamb and be sure to join the Okie Hambers social group for all the local news!

13. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome to the HAMB from NC Oklahoma.

14. sassaquinn

sassaquinn

welcome from Massachusetts.

15. Pappy's 35

Pappy's 35
    from oklahoma

question , 35 ford 1.5 . the front brake drums measure 14''. whats the minimum of space need from drum to rim? can i get adapters for a smaller bolt pattern, or will it make the wheel stick out even further.. thinking of perhaps putting 20" s on the back so my rims are same size. i dont think the 20"s look too horrid on the front , but i dunno .?? are there motorcycle tires to fit these rims ??

16. moffetkustoms

moffetkustoms
    from granby, mo

Welcome from SW Missouri. Good luck on the project.

17. butlersdog

butlersdog
    from Missouri

Welcome here! I hope that you would make up some time in searching for some oklahoma or oklahoma city auto repair shops in order to fix up some things and to work out some of that needs that your vehicle needs. I hope that all will be well in the long run for that one.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011