Register now to get rid of these ads!

GM Performance's So-Cal Bonneville Fleet...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

Actually, the lakester didn't have the full race turbo motor. It had a very mild motor that was still using the stock Eaton supercharger that came on the Cobalt SS and Saturn Ion Redline cars. It only made a little over 300 hp so they fact that they did actually eclipse 200 mph (it had a best one way run of 203 mph) says a lot. So the little 122 ci four banger wasn't much of a turd and there aren't too many cars that can go 200 mph with only 300 hp. Probably had something to do with aero. ;)

I think it's really really bitchin' that GM and So-Cal teamed up and I love the fact that they used the four banger Ecotecs. Too cool.

2. These are cool cars and all...but I need to burst the bubble of Government Motors and let them know that Alex Xydias ran a Ford. I guess if you shell out enough money you can buy anything, including heritage.

3. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

I salute the General and So Cal for their efforts.

4. nukeGM

nukeGM

And if your the gobernmint? I guess you can change corporate heritage to boot
    what a load of publicity stunt spray painted with intermittent sheeple flat black hood strips accented by cadillac plastic coated chrome plastic plastic plastic.
    I'm sorry, I see nothing more than gm trying to reinvent history.

-----------------
    the most loved of

5. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Well I just give credit to all the garage monkeys who put these Bonneville cars together using a newer body style, whether it was the tanker or the HHR. The cars may not be traditional in every aspect, however; they certainly have some spirit of days gone by with the style of the build.

I don't care if barely broke 200 MPH or not, the builds are pretty kool... Just my opinion which isn't worth much !