Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Can you shed any light on the history of my survivor Kustom???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by koolkemp, Feb 3, 2011.

?
  1. Keep the Dodge

79 vote(s)
    53.7%
  2. Get the cool Chevy

68 vote(s)
    46.3%
  1. koolkemp

koolkemp

I will try and get some up tonight....the most motivating factor towards trading is my back and the greif its been giving me could take me quite awhile to get somewhere with the Dodge...on the other hand I am thinking the Ford will hopefully be a runner by the end of the summer and it doesnt matter how long it takes to get it mobile once I got that to drive ......

2. koolkemp

koolkemp

Ok heres some pics of the trade bait....you guys be nice !! Hes an old friend and a really great guy ,hardcore kustom lover like myself! He had tried to buy the Dodge before but it was either not for sale or overpriced when it was for sale, he first saw it when Chris had it in the early 80,s.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

305 200R TBI power drums stock front clip s10 rear all the glass is real no plastic windows ,nice driver....

3. Jay71

Jay71

I'm takin the bait. Hook, line, n sinker, and I was one of the ones who likes the Dodge. That chevy is a cool custom in itself, and alot farther along than the Dodge. I just think you'd get alot more enjoyment out of the chevy alot sooner than the Dodge.

4. Weather you like it or not who cares
    i am glad he is saving an old custom
    key board komandos is why i do not post just look

Being you are from Canada i am looking for this car it went up there
    bought on E Bay about 2 years ago
    no idea what part
    [​IMG]

5. koolkemp

koolkemp

I know ...I have been thinking about it for a couple of weeks now , the other thing in the back of my mind is the hassle my back is causing me...would ad alot of time to the build of the Dodge...

6. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Steve.. my thoughts don't count for much. However....
    -What's your better half have to say about the whole thing? She was really into the Dodge, wasn't she?
    -It's not hurting anything sitting in the garage waiting.
    -You do need to consider your back.
    -It's no good to have a finished car and no back to enjoy riding in it.
    -If you know what's under the paint of the Chev it looks like a decent car.
    -It must be nice to have choices. ;)

7. Jump on that chevy steve . You could be rollin into Moncton this summer with a pretty cool looking chevy custom . The Dodge is a nice period correct piece that you now own but that said , if your back is bitched and it sounds like it will be for a while why not take advantage of a excellant offer? The Dodge will be a lot of work thats for sure. Is your health up for it ? It would be cool though as well .

8. Nice looking Chevy. That wing window arrangement looks a bit
    unique. Guess it works OK though. Might have to duck around it???

[​IMG]

9. zombiesarebad

zombiesarebad
    from Maine

i'd jump on the Chevy too, it's a cool car. The Dodge is... a little hard to look at. But that's just one man's opinion.

10. My wife liked my Rivi alot more when it became drivable instead of Yard Art.I like that old custom because it `s so unique ,but If you don`t have the time , resources, physicality to finish it, perhaps it may be better to move it on to someone who obviously is crazy about the car and will give `er the love she needs. You get a cool driver in exchange. Seems like a good deal all around.

11. koolkemp

koolkemp

If you have ever had a 55-60 Gm product its got less wrap around than the stock glass does in those cars, I had a 60 for a while wacked myknees a few times getting in and out lol!

12. koolkemp

koolkemp

Shes cool with it...I think lol shes changed her mind a couple of times but said do what I want...this would be her car once the 47 Ford is on the road. He does nice work and the car is pretty solid so anything he did is done right...

13. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Then I guess the major question is how bad do you want to keep the Dodge?
    :)
    How much will you really regret selling it?

14. koolkemp

koolkemp

Its the second part of your question thats giving me all the grief ! But I would at least know its going to a good home...and would get a lot of miles put on it.

15. koolkemp

koolkemp

Nice Nomad...a 55 or 56 Nomad are on my dream car list :rolleyes: ....its a big country up here, no idea what province it went to?

16. Hey Steve, for all it is worth I'd say don't do it man. I'm one of the guys who already did this and let the car get away and out of hand really bad. I regret it to this day, the only car I ever had that I'd rather have back was my chopped 49 Mercury, I should have my ass kicked for that one. Oh well, young and stupid,right? I hope your friend wasn't thinking he couldn't afford the car when I had it, it just wasn't for sale until Copeland called me up to tell me he'd landed a mild custom 49 Mercury that I should have. He knew this was my weakness and he had an opportunity to make a few dollars on the old Dodgem once again in the transaction. Had I have known it would come right back within 10 miles of my back yard to Darcy, I would have likely not made the deal to start with! This would have worked out great, I would have only had one car that I'd regretted selling then,ha,ha.......
    Think before you move just for the sake of a little extra work my friend, I know you're not afraid of it according to the current project. Hell this one is a piece of cake after the Coupe-sedan makeover. Keep in touch Steve, come on up to Ontario so we can go harass Jeremy Grady, it would be the right thing to do!

17. screwball

screwball

I like the dodge better but its your choice. If it gets you on the road you know what I would do. I live with my regrets. And I think you would to once Aaron gets it on the road.

18. 57dodge

57dodge

Hey didn't John Buy that car, you know John From Canada?
    Come on, you guys Know John From Canada.... Geeze How Small A country Do you think this is?
    Not To hi-jack this thread or anything but come on.....
    I'm still waiting patiently for the history on this Old Mopar. Love it or hate it its probally got a cool story to tell.
    I dig it.

19. Wish i Knew

The dodge
    it is stuck in my mind about a mag artical years ago just can not remember
    i am sending a pic to a friend not a hamber

20. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

John from Canada? He lives across from "Whats-his-name" Smith. Then there's the other guy that lives next door to him! :p That could get as out of control as "Who's on first?" or this:

Canadian 1: Have you seen that green Model A?

Canadian 2: What green model, eh?

(...and so forth);)

Does the back glass on the Chevy roll up and down, slide in, or is it stationary?

21. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Hard decision to make...
    I like the Dodge, but the thing is that Steve is so talented when it comes to building Customs that doing the Dodge properly would amount to a restoration. Steve would be bored to death unless he did his own Custom work to it...and that would almost be a shame because its a unique piece of history already.
    Catch 22.

Personally, I THINK I'd take the trade and have the instant driver.
    Let someone else restore the Dodge back to its glory days.
    On top of that, Steve would then have an additional time slot to do his own personal Custom work to his next project...and I'm damn sure that designing/building it will be anything but boring. ;) :D

22. FoxSpeed

FoxSpeed
    from NorCal

Trade. Enjoy the chevy and get your back healed up. You have amazed me with your 47 thread and the work you have accomplished. There is no doubt you could make that dodge something special, but take it easy for a while. You will stumble onto another amazing project and off you will go.

23. U-235

U-235

Not this again.....How many times are you going to subject us to this thing....

24. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

This is the 8th page of ONE thread...not the other way around.
    Seems like your "subjecting" yourself to this.

Let me help: If you've read it already and don't LIKE the thread subject...

DON'T OPEN THE THREAD. :rolleyes:

25. 90ssp

90ssp
    BANNED
    from dallas, ga

Keep it. It is ugly but it's different and thats why I like it. Love it or hate it...you will be the topic of conversation wherever you drive it!

26. koolkemp

koolkemp

[QUOTEorth)

Does the back glass on the Chevy roll up and down, slide in, or is it stationary?[/QUOTE]

It slides in same as the Hirohata Merc...

27. koolkemp

koolkemp

Go start your own thread to drive your post count up newbie....

28. koolkemp

koolkemp

You dont know how true this statement is Bill ! I think this is one of the reasons I havent done any work to it, it would just be a restoration and its a lot more fun to hack away on your own creation/project than to redo someone elses ,at least for me....the other side is I have had it for about 8 yrs and dragged it across the country with me in some ways its part of the family ! I am sure my buddy is getting tired of waiting for me to make my mind up, I gotta shit or get off the pot soon!

29. Hmmm, 32 posts and no friends yet, "thats odd"....... Maybe a trip to the Goodguys page is in order for someone.

30. koolkemp

koolkemp

I have enough "stuff" laying around to start 3 more potential projects ....I can step outside and stumble onto something :D without a problem thanks for the positve responce to the 47!