Register now to get rid of these ads!

About to chop my 50 ford sedan...suggestions??Pictures??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by holleywoodphoto, Mar 20, 2011.

1. badshifter

badshifter

When it comes time to chop mine, I will clone the Casny chop.

2. holleywoodphoto

holleywoodphoto

Thanks! Let me know how the Merc DVD is....

3. holleywoodphoto

holleywoodphoto

He did 4 1/2" front and 6" in the back right?

4. holleywoodphoto

holleywoodphoto

I want these hub caps....does anyone know if they will go on Wheel Vintiques Genies?

5. Old Gold

Old Gold

They are International Scout Hubcaps, with an added bullet from nightprowlers. The fronts have a hole to allow for the 4WD hubs, so it makes it easy to add the bullet.

They will fit any 15" wheel im sure

6. holleywoodphoto

holleywoodphoto

Thanks OLD GOLD....I am now on the hunt!

7. shoebox50

shoebox50

More pics

Attached Files:

8. holleywoodphoto

holleywoodphoto

BEAUTIFUL!!!

You want to come to South Carolina and help me chop mine? I have a warehouse full of tools and tool carts and boxes...You can have whatever you can carry home...

9. 562roadster

562roadster

10. shoebox50

shoebox50

I am in your area a few times a year my dad lives in Pickens.

11. holleywoodphoto

holleywoodphoto

No kidding?! My car is in Easley at my father in laws....Hit me up the next time youre around.

12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

so, how about some current pics of your car? I run 205/75/15 on 15 X 6 reversed rims- pic is with S10 front clip, not Z'd, with 2" dropped spindles and 4" blocks in rear with S10 rearend-no drive train in it-have '69 302 ready-waiting for me to decide on putting in C4 or AOD I have. a big part of any chop is a smooth flowing profile, not too radical and not too boxy looking. my project '51 chop was done when I bought it.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  13. holleywoodphoto

holleywoodphoto

I currently have the body off the frame.....I hope to have it mounted this weekend....Then maybe I can get some pictures up. I have a lot of work to do still but I am alot closer then I thought I would be at this point. I started really working on it in October I think...WIth our first kid on the way I havent had much time to really dig in and get stuff done....

14. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

Just watched the "How To Chop a 49-51 Merc Coupe" DVD from Night Prowlers. It's four hours long and pretty cool. Great information included. This is a very knowledgeable guy filming himself doing a chop, not a big budget film crew from some automotive reality show. That being said, the audio and video quality is good enough, but not great. Still, I'd definitely recommend it. Worth many times the price I paid. I also bought the "chopping a Merc four door" dvd, but I haven't watched it yet. I expect it to also be well worth the money.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  15. 6 to 8 inches is too much. How about 10 inches and make it a hardtop with no B pillar. Go big or go home. My windsheild is legal limit. Stand a dollar bill on end and thats my windsheild.