Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car Show / Race Track Etiquette, Unspoken Rules

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAILEIGH INC, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lawn chairs in parking spots at a hotel.

2. Saxxon

Saxxon

Car owners at a public cruise or open air car show who act like a rabid gaurd dog.

I was walking through our Sunday night cruise and spotted a very cool chopped and bagged 46 Ford truck. The paint was exceptional with very tastefull ghost flames. I walked over to the driver's door and leaned in to have a look through the window. I typically have my hands in my pocket when I do this. The owner bolted out of his lawn chair and came at me aggresively, barking at me about breathing on his rod and being to &^%$ close to something I was obviously far to low class to appreciate. I backed away and threw my hands up. When he stopped I told him I had no intention of touching his truck and wanted a better look at something I thought was cool. He basically told me to get lost. Over the next 1/2 hour I saw him repeat this episode with at least 4 or 5 others.

Folks... If you are going to set up shop at an open air event, people are going to get close to have a look. Barriers and stanchions are seriously uncool at these events. As much as I agree that spectators need to respect your car and yes, there are idoits out there who don't give a shit about others property, you as an owner have to expect that anyone who appreciates your effort is going to get close.

A few months later this guy wandered by my pit area and came over to have a look at the Scout. We talked for a few minutes and he was really a nice guy and appreciated my truck. I reminded him of our encounter. To his credit he apologized (although I doubt he remembered me) and he did relate a situation where a guy left dirty hand prints and a deep ring scratch on his hood at one of the events. I guess I can sort of understand his reaction.

3. tubby44

tubby44
    from Long Beach

x2 :d

4. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

How about the ones that pick your car apart and tell you everything wrong with it !
    What color are you going to paint it ?
    How come you didn't use a Mustang II front end ?
    How come you didn't do this or that and so one .
    Then the ones that tell you about their so called hotrod but it's at home and don't have any pics of his car !
    The ones with the little kids that they open the door and let them sit in the car like they are driving it !
    PLEASE play something beside the damn Oldies all the time !
    Yes , why do I pay to bring my car and to let all the people in for free ? Should be the other way around right ? They came to see our cars so charge them like any other good show does . If they don't like it then leave !

Last but not least , the worst thing at a car show of any kind are the "ASSHOLES low life common pieces of scum dog shit eater, common thief's that go around stealing anything you leave in or on your car , like trophy's , plaques , pictures , your beer , food and so on . Why is it the same shit heads have to vandalize cars and they get a kick out of it ! I hate these people and if I ever catch one , I will tie a rope around their feet and arms , then tie one end to my car then the other to someone else's car and see how they like being stretched for a while , or tie them up to a tree or post and put a sign on them for everyone to see with " I was caught stealing something from someones hotrod and I am a low down common thief "!
    I still like my idea when you catch a thief stealing something from your car or garage and that is just tie them to the bumper of you car and take them for a joy ride in the dirt to see how they like your hotrod !

Retro Jim

5. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

Best statement yet. You want to go to a real show with real car people, spend the money and enjoy.

6. 92GTA

92GTA

Being asked how much I paid for it...it's none of your f'ing business!!!!!

Second would be all of the "experts" that want to argue over what's original or not :mad:

7. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

For real keep your dick skinners off my ride!

8. Tricknology

Tricknology
    from DETROIT

here is another solution to your problems,,,spend some of your money and time and travel to out of the way events that are not in the suburbs in some public parking lot,,,most of your problems is you are not willing to spend your money on really good events that will cost you guys $$$,,,If you spend very little or NO money out of your pocket on an event ,,you have no right to complain,,, most sit and shine hot roddeers are very cheap,,,cheap skates ,,if it is for free it is for me!!

go to the Torque fest insead of some suburan parking lot

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=478669

do something like the torque fest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is a great shift in car shows that is for the better,,,

get away from suburban areas

go to a small town/ out of the way venue

add in a dirt oval

ADD IN fIGURE 8 SCHOOL BUS RaCES

add in vintage oval races

add in bbands

add in out door movies

add in weekend camping

partener with the locals

make it rain or shine

DO NOT MAKE IT FREE,,,FREE EVENTS ARE POOR EVENTS,,, POOR QUALITY OF FOLKS AND POOR CAR OWNERS,,,BOTH COMPLAIN A LOT

MAKE IT A RURAL COUNTY EVENT

Take THE BEST OF ALL PAST HAMB EVENTS AND MADE IT ALL IN ONE

9. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

I'm just there to have fun, I don't care if you don't like my car and you probably don't care if I don't like yours.

I like car shows, I like talking shit with people, I like running into old friends, and making new friends. I don't know why people come to shows and walk around with a chip on their shoulder.

It's really not that big of a deal.

10. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

Whoa. Take a rest, Man. And ,,still, leave your dog at home.

11. That's what it's all about. Right on.
    Dog treats are handy too.

12. rustdodger

rustdodger

race track etiquette; don't actually READ the whole release you sign to get in the pits you'll hold up the line ;)

13. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Hey, do you know Gill Gonzalez?

14. dsr_54

dsr_54

One thing I hate is when people feel they need to put other peoples cars down. If you don't like it do look at that one. Hey there are cars at about every show that I don't like. I was at a show last year looking at a 69 superbird with a hemi in it. Not even my kind of car and I was loving it, then some jerk that I'm sure didn't even have a car in the show come up behind me and said " it's just a clone" It pissed me off I turned around and said" I don't care, I guess that's a fake Hemi too" then went back to looking at the car. Later that day after the show I saw the owner of the superbird driving it around town and he hocked and waved at me, now that is more what this hobbie is about.

15. dprodder

dprodder

Dogs are OK if they are stuffed and mounted in the back seat of a Volvo station wagon.

16. Sweepspear

Sweepspear

"How much did you pay for it?"

My answer. "Just enough".

17. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

where in the world are you showing your car?:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.