Register now to get rid of these ads!

divco build up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hrodblack, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Ok, I scanned the article and a photo of Ken's build. I saw him quite a bit during the build period. CRTL and use scroll wheel on your mouse to read articles.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  2. DILIGENCE

DILIGENCE
    from tampa fl

Is anyone still working on their Divco? I finally have drive line completed and exhaust run. Now finishing the rear doors and then the final touchs on the widened rear fenders. That will just about complete the major body work. Then on to lights, handles, bumpers and windows.

3. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Saw this @ NSRA NATS .. HOLY COW !

Attached Files:

4. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Well it's not a Divco, but in a similar catagory. This is our 1961 International Metro Van.

We have completely removed the original drive train and are replacing it with a SBC, 700 trans and 9" rear end. Once the mechanicals are done it will get painted in black and cream and get ACME SPEED SHOP logo on the sides.

Hoping to have it done for the Mooneyes Christmas show. If it isn't done by then, it will be for the drive it to the Round-up next year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. monsterflake

monsterflake

my 53 ford truck, 3rd in line for a redo, after the catalina and the gto. an rv rooftop a/c and a late model drivetrain should be enough to keep me happy...

(it kind of looks like a storm trooper, or other star wars-ish face mask from the front)

[​IMG]

6. 2manytoys

2manytoys
    from Fresno

Yep, still working on mine getting in about 15 hrs a week. I built new fiberglass rear fenders last month. I'm currently doing body work on the back end. Modified rear bumper, redesigned the taillamp panel, patch panels on the back, rebuilt the lower portion of the rear doors, got new sheetmetal for the rear doors cut to size now I need to make a jig to bend corners and fit the door frame. It runs and the drive train is competed with a 86 Dodge truck frame clip from the firewall forward 318/904. I dont know if this is "legal" but heres a link to my build if anyone is interested:
    http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?action=view&journalid=6768

Attached Files:

7. monsterflake

monsterflake

how much do those things weigh?

8. lowrodderDon

lowrodderDon
    BANNED

Here's one I found not too far from my house, and it's for sale!

Attached Files:

9. ilovemy62

ilovemy62

i've always wanted one....they're so cool! my brother went out and bought one a couple years ago not knowing what it was and it's been sitting ever since. I'm pretty sure he still doesn't know what he has. He's not doing anything with it but he refuses to sell it. maybe someday i'll get a hold of that thing...

10. This may be alittle OT but Theres some sorta hippy group that drives around southern oregon in a dodge delivery truck. Ive never seen one before and they are pretty bitchin looking.

11. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The headlamps on Divco trucks are not mounted in the front sheet metal.
    They actually mount behind and are like Arrow lights just sticking through holes in the nose an inch or so.

12. loco 52 ragtop

loco 52 ragtop

13. loco 52 ragtop

loco 52 ragtop

14. DILIGENCE

DILIGENCE
    from tampa fl

Anyone out there still working on a DIVCO? Would be interested in what you've done with it.

15. Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  16. psychotichemi

psychotichemi

I have one I just picked up about 3 months ago and have no idea what yr or anything. If anybody knows how I can figure it out I would appreciate any info. Also I need 2 wheels and can't find anything with similar lug pattern. Any info on aftermarket reared or frame clip would be appreciated also! Thanks

17. 2manytoys

2manytoys
    from Fresno

Had some health issues and stopped progress on the truck. I picked up a wrecked 2001 Crown Vic and found the wheelbase is the same as my other Divcos. I think I will use the complete chassis and drivetrain in one of those trucks. I'm gettin' better now so hope to get some work done soon.

18. If I may ask what is wrong with the frame on the truck now ?

My 48 Divco I retained the complete frame. I did box it in one end to the other, added an x in the mid point of the frame. Still have the stock springs, minus 5 or 6 leafs a side. Used a 9 inch ford. Added a set of shocks, since they did not have any on the rear.

When the factory frame is not retained, you almost always need to channel the body over the frame. Doing that you end up with a very high floor.

I can sent you pictures, of the rework of my frame.
    The factory is bolted to the frame. The body's are bolted together on the very early trucks. This being said, if your frame is not reinforced, shit going to move later on.

Look at post # 76 for more frame pictures.

Bob

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  19. psychotichemi

psychotichemi

That I know of nothing is wrong with the frame. I just can't find wheels that fit so I can make it a roller so I can get if from outside and start working on it.

20. psychotichemi

psychotichemi

Anyway of finding out year?

21. Post a picture, and I'll be able to tell you.

Is it a short wheel base (100 inch's), and is it a slant back, with bolt on rear fenders, and vent window drivers side front ?

22. 2manytoys

2manytoys
    from Fresno

What are you looking for 5 lug or 6? As far as I know there are not any factory wheels currently being used that would fit that bolt pattern.

Do you have the vin number? Its should be located on a plate on the passenger side above the windshield. Also stamped on a gusset on the right front corner of the frame.

23. psychotichemi

psychotichemi

Any way to figure out year?

24. psychotichemi

psychotichemi

Sorry I just seen where it went through earlier! I'll post pics tomorrow and get other info. I know it's a model 124 and vin is 124-0-174

25. psychotichemi

psychotichemi

The truck is 6 lug originally but not sure what I want to go with probably 5 or maybe 3/4 ton suspension

26. psychotichemi

psychotichemi

Divco13 it looks just like your profile pic
    I was wrong mine is more square on top

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  27. 2manytoys

2manytoys
    from Fresno

You may need to join the Divco Club of America to get that information from the club librarian. The local DMV and the CHP tell me they can get the year model from the VIN. You need to check with your highway patrol or DMV. Because you are a Divco owner you may want to join the Divco Yahoo groups site. You can ask someone there if they have some extra wheels.

28. psychotichemi

psychotichemi

Thanks 2many! i couldnt post pics here so i uploladed them to my profile it that was ok? Thanks

29. Took 30 years to find this one. A bitch to get in & out of...:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011