Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Giant speedster project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by yonahrr, Apr 25, 2010.

1. yonahrr

yonahrr

Colors

ccbb's fantastic work inspired me to piddle around with photoshop. After three hours I learned how to replace a color. YAY! It's kinda got that Andy Warhol look. Cast your vote.

Jerry
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  2. kirby1374

kirby1374

My vote is for #1 or #6

3. nali

nali

4. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

I vote #1 or #3..........great progress, man that things a MONSTER.....!

5. ccbb

ccbb

Here's a revision. Sorry I ran out of black paint, you will have to restore the splash aprons.
    [​IMG]

6. kidzintha34fodor

kidzintha34fodor

I like the red!!! Maybe with some gold pin stripping.

7. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Jerry,

Great job, and congratulations getting it moving! My vote is #5 or #1. I also like it without fenders better!:D:D:D

8. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

i like the first one dark green or the one ccbb did in brown an dark red

9. I believe that garbage can lids are almost the right size for yer wheel covers

color hmmm
    applying canvas/ leather over any/all metal or wood aft of the cowl would be just fine like a early biplane fabric..

10. Zerk

Zerk

The black, maybe with red "box" pinstriping. It really just leaped out at me, of all the photoshopped colors.

11. yonahrr

yonahrr

Great job on the latest rendering, ccbb! I got exactly no work done on the Seagrave today. But I have posted two additional colors just to properly represent diversity and show I have no prejudices.

Jerry
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Attached Files:

12. ccbb

ccbb

How about some hood louvers... here's another "red" version.

(no work done..I know how that goes, too much time on Photoshop. :) Besides, garage is cold.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  13. ccbb

ccbb

If Jerry does that, he's going to have to change the body style. However that could bring in some extra income.

[​IMG]

14. J scow

J scow
    from Seattle

I vote for ccbb's dark red and brown!!! I love this car! I cant wait to do one of my own someday. You have done a great job. I do however think It looks way better lowered. It tightens up the proportions so it looks more like a car as apposed to a car on a truck chassis. Either way Its a great ride!!!

15. yonahrr

yonahrr

ccbb,
    I laughed until I almost peed my pants! Good show! The garbage can hubcaps, that's what did it.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

16. nali

nali

This is great ccbb . I love the trash version :p
    Next one , an ice cream seller ?

17. Jack Innes

Jack Innes

Jerry,
    Here is another option. Lengthen the frame a bit, install a heavy rear axle, square up the body & hang all sorts of equipment all over it. Not as impressive as your creation but a handsome beast just the same![​IMG]

18. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

That is awesome........The green one gets my vote too.......

19. Jack Innes

Jack Innes

Hopefully here is the picture I was referring to above,
    Jack
    [​IMG]

20. yonahrr

yonahrr

Misc.

Now that I have a battery I guess I'll need to keep it charged. From the outside the generator looked pretty bad. Inside looked worse. I'll leave it on the bench in pieces and look at it every now and then until I get inspired. On the big test drive the brakes were useless. I surmised the ratio on the pedal was too little so I lengthened on of the arms. The pedal feels better and when I depress it the rear wheel actually stops turning. Progress. The beast is loud, which is cool, but I can't hear all the little sounds I need to hear to make sure there are no engine problems. The first thing I did was standardize all the bends, then I gave them a fit check with exhaust pipes. Then I went home and saw that ridiculous garbage scow. Too much! :) I gotta pee again.

Jerry

Attached Files:

21. ccbb

ccbb

Thought: For that larger pipe "Cord" look, they sell this flex pipe. Search Google images.
    May be best to put over standard pipes.
    [​IMG]

22. nali

nali

Just don t ask me why this picture remind me the movie Brazil :p
    Where s the dog ?

23. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

The exhaust looks great...now all you need is to feed all six pipes into a four or five inch collector with a cone on the front end and run it out the back with a big fish tail. :D A nice long large diameter pipe should give a great sound.

24. dog catcher , popcorn wagon ,mobile blacksmith , extermiator,, ambulance chaser,mobile marriage counselor, b.s. inspector, pizza delivery .fire cheif's mother in laws car..

25. yonahrr

yonahrr

Funny you should mention "Brazil." It's one of my favorite movies. Hardly anyone has heard of it. Ducts!

Jerry
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

26. yonahrr

yonahrr

That's exactly what I had in mind. I really like the exhaust on the Hall-Scott Special but I don't think I have the room. The Blitzen Benz will will be good, but with a complete pipe to the rear.

Attached Files:

27. nofin

nofin
    from australia

Only just caught up with this thread again. I'm looking for a new daily and you are a bad influence.

You need to get the chrome off before the nickel stripper will work. Put the cap in a bath of caustic cleaner and run a current through it but make sure it is reverse polarity. This will strip the chrome then you can put it in the nickel stripper.

28. Jack Innes

Jack Innes

Jerry,
    Had you thought of cycle fenders mounted to the axles & step plates. (Maybe a little more attractive than these.) That would show off the chassis & exhaus system. It also would be easy!
    Jack[​IMG]

29. those axle mounted fenders are cool
    do em like a indian murder cycle with side spats

30. Reminds me of the old Bill Cosby album, "200 MPH". Carrol Shelby had built him a car capable of that speed and Cosby was mighty impressed, commenting "P i i i p p e s! PIIIIPPPPPPES! Wait 'til them kids in their Chevys see these PIIIIIIPPPES!!!"