Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Say Corky Coker three times fast!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SamIyam, Mar 22, 2011.

1. I tried... with no luck.

All joking aside, I just wanted to tell him I really dig this Garfield tire...

http://store.cokertire.com/650-16-garfield-blackwall.html

And am wondering if there are any plans to make a 5.00 x 16 in this brand.

Also, how does it compare to the Firestone in ride, traction, wear etc?

Thanks Corky!

Sam

2. NoRust

NoRust

Ha ha, I tried. I can not do it, say the guys name 3 times really fast. Ha, ha.

What are coker tires?

3. Thats a good looking tire with a great price!

4. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

good lookin' tire...

Corky was out at our house way back when looking at some old John Deere tractors with a couple other guys... We had an 'MC' Crawler down in the field someone was interested in, but they were a little shocked when dad told them it was getting put up on a mound and getting flowers planted around it... one guy goes "you know what that's worth!?!?", and my dad tells him, yep... I've got three more... but what would you do if you're wife let you put this in the yard?..... Later that night dad was telling a friend of his about the whole deal... told him who was out there, and his buddy says "Corky Coker was at your house????".... dad say's "yep, but what's the big deal? who the hell is Corky Coker?"..... and his buddy tells him "you know, COKER TIRE!"..... "oh..... if I would've known that I might have sold him somethin'..."

sorry to go o/t but I think about that every time somebody mentions Coker on here..

5. gas pumper

gas pumper

I'd say that the construction and material would be the same as what they are doing with the Firestones and just finishing in the new mold.

At least that's the way I would do this. Now Coker won't have to pay the license fee to Firestone. Thus reducing the price a little. JMO.

Oh, nice looking tire and thread pattern, too.

6. I think it would be a great seller if it had a match for hot rodders...

Sam

7. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

I called Coker Tire last week for a quote on some 7.10-15 Coker Classics. The gent on the phone told me they were discontinuing it, and replacing it with the Garfield. Great price, but i gotta wait till they come in.