Register now to get rid of these ads!

VIVA LAS VEGAS - Car Show Update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tom Ingram, Mar 10, 2011.

1. elgato65

elgato65

Sounds good - we'd love to meet him - it's great to meet more vets that are into the hotrod and kustom scene, and we're trying our best to use our love for cars and rock n roll to raise support to a cause that's dear to all of us that have served - taking care of our own is something that we work to do every day - so anyone that can help, whether it's a gas card, a donation to Task Force Dagger, a hook up with a parts supplier or vendor - even just help spreading the word; we'd REALLY appreciate it!!

And come on -- 600+ cars already registered?!?!? This is going to be amazing!!

2. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

If any of you have seen the latest issue of Deadbeat Magazine, we have Alans 32 chevy lakester on the cover and an article inside..... we will be briging this car in from Utah for the show as well.

[​IMG]

3. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Bringing this back on top.

4. elgato65

elgato65

There's a car on that cover?!?!

5. El KaMiNo KiD

El KaMiNo KiD

gettin my car ready for the show..Viva is always a great time..

6. BigScott666

BigScott666
    from East Coast

killer........

7. elgato65

elgato65

I'm really looking forward to seeing Purgatory.....that thing is a BEAST!!!

8. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

YOU get to sit in it dude....:cool:

9. U.K.ROADSTER

U.K.ROADSTER
    from Birmingham

Anyone know if there will be a Hamb meet ?

10. Mercchev

Mercchev

Lonely Knights will be there with a bunch of cars and people. Always a great time at VLV! There's something about driving Route 66 in the Merc that always does my soul good. Already itchin to get on the road...

11. We will be there cant wait!!

12. elgato65

elgato65

See you there, Johnny!!

13. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

Hell ya i cant wait! Thank god i just saw this post i still have to register my car! haha

14. Nevadabob

Nevadabob

I will bring the Polynesian2 for the custom display. I was invited to the GNRS 2011 and toured the Suede Palace and saw some nice cars. I have been to all the Viva Las Vegas shows it is not to far from my house. The skills of the builders have improved and are really coming up with some nice cars with some incredible engineering behind those builds. The enjoyment I get when I bring Poly2 to shows is all generations enjoy seeing the car. The older guys remember how famous it was in the 50"s, and the younger builders see it as a testament to what can be accomplished with their skills and patience. I have never owned a car that has brought so much enjoyment to so many people when I take it to shows. Stop by the car at Viva with your camera and pose like Jack Stewart did for the 1953 Hot Rod cover pic, it's free and fun. Viva Las Vegas

15. elgato65

elgato65

Can't wait to see it, Bob.

16. KRUZIN62

KRUZIN62

As a Las Vegas local I have been to every Viva (except the very first) and have always brought whatever I was working on at the time, whether it be a car or motorcycle. The good old days of the "car show" being free and on the top floor of the Gold Coast parking garage will always be remembered. Last year I drove my '59 T-Bird down and was glad I did as it made it front & center in the Rod & Custom event coverage!

[​IMG]

Memories...

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459720&highlight=viva+photos

17. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Just talked to a buddy of mine who saw Jerry Lee Lewis this year and he said he was STILL killing it!!!!

wanted to remind all the east coast cats and kittens......and all the tourists from abroad (like a couple I know from the UK) that are going to Viva - stick around an extra week and come and see the Vintage Torque Fest -
    If you are headed back to the northeast - you can hit Iowa on your way back.

We are just 2.5 hours away from Ohare (Chicago) airport - this is the 3rd busiest airport and odds are you can get a flight outta Ohare direct to Europe with no problems.

I am not sure I will make Viva this year - I plan on it - gotta see where the finances are..........
    perhaps stay at a cheap hotel down in old Vegas.........
    that will save me some $$$ fer sure.

18. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

Yeah, what he said.

19. Bass Boat Bob

Bass Boat Bob

Me and my wife will be attending our 7th viva. We got married at viva 3 years ago at the Gold Coast. Our daughter will be attending her 2nd viva she'll be 2 in june. We've met alot of great people though the years and have a great time every year. This year I was building a 1960 cadillac coupe deville. After finishing the motor and installing it. A great tragidy came apon me when after starting it herd a knocking and then a bang. Aparrently a steal bushing fell in the carb and destroyed the piston, broke the cam, and punched a hole in the cylinder wall into the water jacket. I still have my 56 F100 to drive but still pretty bumbed out. Now I'm looking for a buildable 390 cadillac motor. I'll be at viva this year if anyone has one they want to sell and will be at viva give me a email at [email protected][​IMG]

20. U.K.ROADSTER

U.K.ROADSTER
    from Birmingham

Lets have a Hamb meet ;)

21. wearymicrobe

wearymicrobe
    from San Diego

OK if the 28' makes its 100 mile test run this weekend I will be going. I have a free room at the Wynn from work that I can use.

Anybody going to do the run up from San Diego. Would love to have a group to go with.

22. elgato65

elgato65

The Wynn's a great spot to stay - hope to see you at the car show!

23. wearymicrobe

wearymicrobe
    from San Diego

Yeah love that place. No kid's running around, clean modern rooms and since I don't gamble I could care less about the high dollar tables that they have. Across from the Forum so the wife can shop.

I have to redo the radiator hoses and get a few gauges setup then do the test ride. Going to be slow going with me. Car tops out at around 75 and my motor just eats gas like crazy above 60.

Anybody know what the furthest gas station stops are. If its more then 90 miles I am going to have to bring a few extra cans of gas.

24. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Hamb Meet & Greet normally takes place in front of the stage , BUT, with so many bands, the DJ's, and that sound system no one will be able to hear each other.

So, this years Hamb Meet & Greet will take place in front of the Gassers display at Noon.

This will be against the back wall - next to the Customs Corral and the Dragster displays.

Thanks

25. 64starfire

64starfire

Anyone driving from Sacramento? Looking for others to drive with, leaving on the 21st.

26. jacobgreen101

jacobgreen101
    from ARIZONA

Leaving from phoenix on thur night 7pm .two trucks headed up .one 1940 chevy panel ratted out and a 1964chevy p/u dropped and rollin satin. I'm sure we will be pulled over acouple of times running and stroker tall deck 427 on open 14in pipes but hey thats all the fun. Hope to see people along the way ....

27. elgato65

elgato65

Let's see some pics of that 427.....

28. ibcalaveras

ibcalaveras

We will be leaving Thursday morning. Don't know what I will be driving yet. Most likely the 55 will be the one. I have a new motor in the truck, but it doesn't run very well. Been look for the cause for several months. About ready to replace it with another motor. Either way I'm going.

29. Getting close ! Boys will be here at the house Tuesday night, leaving EARLY Wednesday morning.

30. DetroitDetomaso

DetroitDetomaso
    from Las Vegas

It will be awesome! When you see these 60's come by and say hi!

Attached Files: