Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Were the HELL is my.............

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Mar 20, 2011.

1. tenlug

tenlug
    from so cal

The older I get the more time I spend look'n for the tool I just set down! Steve

2. chopperfugger

chopperfugger
    from austin

You guys touched on the sure-fire tekinique to find lost
    stuff but didn't underline it.
    Just look for something else you need and you will find
    other stuff you aren't looking for right now but had lost earlier.
    It works even better if you give up on the first thing you lost
    before looking for the new lost item.

3. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I spend half my time wandering around looking for stuff. Mostly things I put where I knew I would find them.

4. I have laughed my ass off throughout this thread! I thought it was just that I'm approaching the double nickel,and the fact that I involuntarily(OK;sometimes voluntarily...) ingested various(allegedly) mind-altering substances way-back-when. I'm still looking for a Harley shop manual that a guy wants to purchase;I don't remember selling it,or giving it to the buyer of my bike,but...WHEREDAFUCKISIT!!! I recently went through my tools-after a garage "cleaning"-and found enough extra stuff that I can have a decently-stocked small toolbox for the Plymouth. Damn;imagine what I'd find if I REALLY cleaned it up! Like one guy said;stuff that I'd lost years ago...

5. rat deuce

rat deuce

Good to see all the people with the same problem I have! A good night for me is one where I don't misplace something-doesn't happen very often.
    Lost my vernier calipers today. Yesterday I couldn't lock up to leave for a hour-lost my keys!

6. gigem

gigem

This thread made me hear my old man's voice in my head... "you would lose your ass if it wasn't screwed on tight!", and "it's right where you left it, dumbass!".

Miss him... :(

7. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I saw a scrappers truck the other day with a Moon tank on it. Have you been keeping the shop locked up?

8. hellsgaterods

hellsgaterods

half the time im getting pissed off at people who stole or misplaced all my stuff, ( i get it from my old man) then i find it and have to apologize to the people who didnt take it or misplace it.

9. Conniptor

Conniptor
    from New Jersey

Yesterday I spent 1/2 hour looking for something, and found a pack of magnets I've been looking for, for a long time. But I still can't remember what I was looking for when I found them... :(

10. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

you guys are bad, that shit never happens to me...................

11. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

Old age is my excuse.

12. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

I lose shop brooms all the time... sweep the floor.. lean it up against something.. comeback.. gone.. look for hours.. go buy a new one.. and then find the old one.. I've got about 6 really nice push brooms now.

13. phat rat

phat rat

Doesn't matter how big or small something is when you've put it away. An organized garage can be worse than disorganized. Because when it's put into a cabinet or similar you don't just see it walking by, you have to open the right cabinet then remember why you opened the cabinet. LOL Even worse is to walk to the other side of the garage then forget why you went there.

14. CruZer

CruZer

No....... there are three of us installing body panels on our lakester with Dzus fasteners. We have a bunch of Dzus tools around but they must grow legs,because we can never find one when we need one. It never fails... when you are under the car balancing the belly pan on your belly and trying to line the holes up,the closest tool / fastener is way beyond arms reach.

Or one guy has all of the tools in the pockets of his coveralls and he's holding the panels with both hands so you have to "feel him up" just to find one. Ugh.....

15. BillyM

BillyM

I lose stuff all the time......but console myself with the following;

If a cluttered bench is the sign of a cluttered mind, then an empty bench..........

16. signed up for a memory class... forgot to go!

17. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Kid, you're lucky you ain't snowed in!

18. phat rat

phat rat

I just had a funny one. On Christmas Eve night I had an accident which left me with four pelvic fractures. I've been getting around lately with the help of a cane. Well I'm weaning myself off it and early this afternoon I had to hunt all over for it. I looked all over the house and out in the garage. After about a half hour of looking I finally found it partly out of sight leaning against the backside of a chair in the garage.

19. toolman1967

toolman1967

If you have NEVER misplaced a tool or part, you do NOT have a teenager using your shop!

20. phat rat

phat rat

Good for you. I don't have anyone to blame but myself as I don't have any kids at home anymore. One lives in Ca. and the other has a bigger garage then mine and has just as many tools.

21. gibraltar72

gibraltar72
    from Osseo Mi.

Putting new ujoints on my new drive shaft for my trackT today got the new rear combination joint on and picked up box with front joint opened it up and I'm missing one bearing cap. I remember taking it off to measure to see what I had it came with a ton of stuff when I bought my project but now I don't know what I did with it after confirming it was correct for my front yoke. Crap

22. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Start cleaning. You will run in to it sooner or later. Or start something else it always turns up like that.

23. 55chevr

55chevr

I have been looking for tools in my garage for 20 years ... I do hope to find them someday.

24. hoof22

hoof22
    Member Emeritus

Ever go looking for something, only to find a REALLY cool tool that you've never seen before?? Like, "WOW, Nice!"

DO that all the time, I go, "didn't even know I OWNED one of them, but here it is...cool!" Or, "where in the hell did that screwdriver come from? Nice one, but doesn't look familiar to me..."

Found a box with w BUNCH of near new Craftsmen wrenches in it the other day, I swear, I've never seen it before...Kinda like Christmas every day!

Maybe I borrowed it from someone and forgot to give it back? Nope, I got more tools than anyone I know.

I think maybe I got 3 brain cells, left - Moe, Larry & Curly...

EW

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  25. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

i am the king of setting shit down where it doesn't belong and then having to look for it for an hour. really slows me down sometimes... maybe it's all the beer. ha.

26. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Where the Hell is my rotor. See after trying to start my first tune up for 2 hrs. and I couldn't figure it out. So I gave up and was going to put back all the old stuff back in dizzy. Pop the cap off and :eek: no rotor, but there was 2 on the bench where I left them :mad:.

27. fleet-master

fleet-master

pens...I can never find a pen when I want one....when i don't want one...I'm trippin over em!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

28. fleet-master

fleet-master

workmate was buffing a car and caught a small windscreen moulding ...pinged it off and across the workshop...we had 3 guys lookin for it for several hours ...never did find it. That was years ago!!! :D:rolleyes:

29. wizzard23

wizzard23

I'm lookin' for stuff I sat down 20 seconds ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

I lose things all the time. I lost a bottle of green flake last week. I brought it in the house to show my wife and it has not been seen since. Maybe my daughter thought it was glitter! I had to order more so I could get my paint job done.