Register now to get rid of these ads!

headers for 302 in a 1950 Ford shoebox?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PipeWelder81, Mar 20, 2011.

1. PipeWelder81

PipeWelder81

just wondering what kind of headers you guys are using that have 302s in your shoebox's? I have 2 sets of shorty headers from my 5.0 mustangs, just wondering if they will fit or if i will have to buy some new ones. I pulled the flatty out, and have the engine bay painted now and im throwing the top end back on the 5.0L and getting ready to put it in within a couple weeks. Lemme know that you recommend! thanks

2. T tyme

T tyme

that is what I used in my 49 ford with a 302, No problems

3. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Shorty mustang headers.

4. PipeWelder81

PipeWelder81

awesome! one less thing i have to buy, thanks a lot guys.

5. Perfect fit. Also used the factory style but aftermarket pipes that bolt to the headers which go back to the end of the trans mount. No mods there either except i spread the pipes and capped the 'h' pipe.

Attached Files:

6. PipeWelder81

PipeWelder81

thanks for the pics Tedley, they look great in there and im surprised they fit that well. Sweeeet!

7. mr50s

mr50s

Hey PipeWelder81,

I'm running an early '80s 302 SBF in my 1950 Ford Coupe together with a Ford AOD transmission.

Somebody told me I should try long-length aftermarket headers originally designed to fit SBFs installed in mid-'60s Ford Falcon chassis. I traded for a second-hand pair (can't tell what brand) and they were a 100% bolt-in perfect fit for my modified ride!! Might be able to order a new pair of these headers from summitracing.com. Check 'em out.

My car's not done yet but we recently fired the motor in the chassis and it was WONDERFUL to hear the thunda from down unda!! Can't wait to get this baby on the street.

Good luck!!

mr50s