Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car Show / Race Track Etiquette, Unspoken Rules

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAILEIGH INC, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Voodoofire1

Voodoofire1

I've been involved with shows for the last 35 years, and run one of the biggest flamethrower shows in the country, I've probably seen it all at one time or another and have quite a few pet peeves, the biggest is drinking and driving at the shows, I don't have anything against drinking, but drinking and driving, especially in a hot rod is extremely stupid......and along those lines, knuckleheads who drink all day and then want to come and enter a flame show..... not on my watch, it's dangerous enough without adding liquid courage to the fire!...............and then there are the strollers, you wouldn't believe some of the morons I've seen pushing strollers, every year I see quite a few using them as battering rams to get through a crowd, and pushing them through a line of flamethrowers like they don't have a clue.....What happened to common sense?.... if it's too hot for you, imagine being 3 feet closer in a stroller..... and on the greasy side of things, I really love those fellas who take credit for "building" their car, one look at the paper thin skin on their hands, manicured nails, fancy clothes, and well you get the picture....... but what this all comes down to is respect... or lack of it in these cases, that's the biggest problem I see these days, everyone wants to be special, treated special....Well the special bus is over there....I treat everyone the same, and I guess that's why our show continues to grow while others fall by the wayside.... it's all in how you treat others......

2. I didn't know this was 'that kind' of website!

3. If you or other persons at the show don't like something about another persons "Pride and Joy"... Don't say a thing! (Goes both ways)

What it all boils down to is... a car show is like a symphony... we're all not playing the same instrument... heck we're all not playing the same notes... but we all are playing the same song.

We have a "Passion" for our cars and many people are brought together for that reason... not because they have the same cars or tastes but because cars are our "Passion"!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  4. I agree with this 100 percent. Respect someone else's family and keep your talk civil.

5. flamed34

flamed34

Man...people with their little "rat on a leash" type dogs really piss me off.
    At the swap meet in Charlotte last fall, I was talking to some customers and noticed a soccer mom standing on the other side of my truck with a vacant grin on her face. I then noticed the leash. She was letting her little rodent dog piss on my truck tire - right next to our lawn chairs, cooler, boxes of crackers, etc. I let her have it. When her shit for brains husband wanted to stick up for her, I made it clear I would force feed him the little fucking dog. They hauled ass!

6. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

The ones that bother me are the ones that open the door to get a better look see inside. They are few and far between , but a little of their type goes a long way.

7. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Tell the photographer that he needs to return the favor by taking a shot of you sitting on his model's lap.

8. "Poor ettiquette"..I'm going to have to go with good old mother nature here, too damn hot, or too damn cold, suns too bright, what about the rain? Seriously everyone, of course you are all spot on with your comments, but realistically, we simply are not going to change the human populace..unfortunately. Rude people or more accurately self-centered people exist in our midst, and there is no escape. We have become enablers. Seems like a market exist for a remote device which electricutes anyone touching the car..could be the next greatest accessory to have..hmm.

9. Dave50

Dave50

Most everything has been covered here.. I will say i agree about the parents who DONT take care of there kids or let them climb sit etc on peoples car but I have taken my 13 y/o to car shows since he was 9, I keep a close eye in him by my side or 2 steps behind me. And i have even been told by a few old timers that its nice to see a kid as respectful and knowledgeable about how to act and about the cars. These kids will someday be the hot rod population and i want my son to know what its really about id want him to think Honda v-tec is a hot rod and its ok to go to a show with one.

10. tubby44

tubby44
    from Long Beach

When my kids were small I di the same thing!! now my kids love old American Iron and not that Jap crap !!

11. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Depends if I built the car or not. Until I blow my Deuce apart and rebuild it as something else my '32 will be "Fuday's Sedan". Ya, I bought it and have changed a few things but it's still his car. Doesn't bother me the least as it gives credit to that guy that busted the knuckles on this car.
    If you built the car it's yours or mine to crow about.
    Just my 2 cents. Everyone has their opinion and I mean no disrespect of anybody's situation.
    BKR

12. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

Don,t touch my car to see if it,s real and I won,t touch your girlfriend/wife,s tits to see if they are real.
    Fair enough.

13. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

I second that!
    Mine is little and older now. Never pee'd on a tire in his life. Well behaved.
    I like my dog more that I like most people.
    You know what else? He likes all the cars and doesn't bitch moan and complain about the little things. The people are all out having fun with their cars. Spectator are just that, spectators. Most are not involved in the hobby and shouldn't be held accountable for thier ignorance.
    BKR

BKR

14. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Bingo.... Winner here!!!

15. Eating peanuts in the pit. Bad luck for sure.

It always frosts my ass when someone lets their kid loose and somehow without fail they end up eating peanuts in my pit and tripping over stuff that I souldn't have to keep out of their way.

The other ihing that burns the crap out of me is when I'm racing solo and come back from a pass to see someone has parked in my pit, they are no where to be found and have had the odasity to lock whatever piece of excrement that they happen to be driving.

16. Sugarskull

Sugarskull
    from Calgary

I don't care if people touch my car, think it's a piece of crap or if they let their dog sit in it. If the girl is driving, just assume it's her's please. At the very least you flatter unnecessarily. That's all I ask. :)

17. Drives me nuts!!!

18. Cyclone GT

Cyclone GT

Phuck car shows and cruise-ins! :D

19. I don`t generally go in for showing my car,unless it`s a very low key event. I know what I have done and what needs to be done . To submit my effort for judging....by whom? . I like to go to the cruise nights,bullshit with the rest of the old farts about how fast we used to be, they get it , When I go to a show to look at the cars, I don`t need to point out flaws in someone else's ride, thats just shitty.If I see something I like, I say little, If I see something I hate...I say less .

20. gibraltar72

gibraltar72
    from Osseo Mi.

Guess that race track ettiquite is different in my area. Owned and was crew chief on a wing sprinter and almost everyone would gladly tell you what bars and gear they were running even loan you their stuff. The guy that set the new 1/2 mile track record at Bristol on Sat. beat us one night running our bleeders when his gave him trouble. Even some of the WOO would help they'd whip you anyhow but they weren't afraid to help us locals go a little faster!

21. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Model cars on the dash, or air cleaner of a car. Stupid.
    Little stuffed people or animals in poses around the car.
    People who haul around previous trophies in the back seat to show they want another, or deserve another.
    People who smoke beside you and flick their ashes in the breeze to land on other guy's cars!
    People who let their kids touch, climb on, or generally run wild unattended around the cars.
    Guys who don't want anyone near their precious ride, but your's is crap so they don't mind leaning on it.

22. chilly1

chilly1
    from Tacoma,Wa

Why do you have a chevy motor in your Chrysler? I just tell them it was an option in 47 and walk away then look at their stupid look.

23. endlessearth

endlessearth

You guys with the peeve about dogs at shows would have gone mental if you saw the guy with the husky at the Glendale swap meet yesterday. Full row of vendors with auto parts and accessories spread out on the ground. Guy with a very large brown husky is walking the aisle. all of a sudden he stops and starts running his hands through the dogs fur. A strikingly enormous amount of loose hair comes off in loose clumps. He finishes doing this and continues walking leaving these dust bunny style clumps of shed hair blowing across the aisle like little tumbleweeds and collecting among everyone's displays and blowing around the chairs they are sitting in. It was so thoughtless.

24. tubby44

tubby44
    from Long Beach

I when to a car show/cruise with my son And some young blockhead was giving ME the eye !!!! the whole time time I was there!! what gives I'm 57
    My son was upset over it! and I told him not to start anything because because his kind give the the rest of the us a bad taste in the public eyes of us car people that we are all drinking and fighting and can't be trusted !that's my .2 cents

25. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Man, some of you guys seem to sure get worked up at car shows. I thought they were suppose to be enjoyable. Honestly, most all of it is justified, but I just try not to worry about it as much as possible. Life's too short.

26. Dan57

Dan57

Did anyone mention lawn chair parking? Or the "buddy system" for participant judging?

27. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Dude seriously?

28. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Winner!

29. uc4me

uc4me

Leaners who give you a dirty look when you suggest they may be more comfortable relaxing on their own vehicle.

A good friend of mine helped me paint my O/T shiney car (71 AMX), he used to love the looks on people's face when he would run up to my car, slap the back window or roof and start yabbering on about how shiney and smooth the paint was, he was a dink but it was funny

30. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

Rule: #1 Don't touch my car or anyone else's..

Rule: #2 If you have the urge to touch my car or someone else's go back and read Rule: #1

* * When I go to a car show not only will I watch out for my car and the guys I came with, I will watch out for your car even if I do not know you. It is the right thing to do. We have to watch out for are own even if we, I don't like the kind of car or the guy. It does not matter we, got to watch out for are own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.