Register now to get rid of these ads!

new guy in town!!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by swany, Mar 19, 2011.

1. swany

swany
    from Winnipeg

Just joined but have seen some of the helpful information in the past, as my intro said i have this ambition to restore a 35/36 Willys panel delivery; if i can find one> I am really new at this and will need lot's of advice

2. Lots of great guys with great info on this site.
    Good luck and welcome from Michigan.

3. Welcome from CT.

4. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Welcome from Savannah, GA.

5. Welcome from Western MA

6. Welcome,
    Most people will put the more fancy 33-34 front clip on, so the examples I'll show you all have that, but even though they were in the 33-34 brochures, they were not a production run until 35-36, and have that front end. Were you looking to make it a 35-36 nose, or the earlier ones? Here's two with the 33-34 nose, and a pickup with the 35-36 nose (not the original mesh grille)!
    The bare metal one with 34 hood sides belongs to a friend, and is in a rod shop in the Twin Cities! The blue one has the 33 front nose with vertical doors in the hood sides versus the horizontal louvers in the '34 sides. There was one for sale a number of months back out of Iowa...not sure if it sold.

g-willys

Attached Files:

7. duck279

duck279
    from SC

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

8. swany

swany
    from Winnipeg

Thanks to all< been to Savannah GA in my youth. Wonderful people! I'm a newby but like the look and feel of either 34 or the later versions> Want to restore it and use it as an advertizement for our recycling business. Any leads will be gratefully accepted

9. styleline

styleline
    from so-hol

welcome from holland good luck whit youre build

10. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Hello from Florida.

There are a number of people in the country that only build Willy's steel body cars.

I always liked the fat fender cars but for drag racing they could be a handful to drive at the top end.

Jimbo