Register now to get rid of these ads!

Opinions on 4 doors???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DELRAY54, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonahboo

jonahboo
    from NJ

true - back in the good ol' days the cars came either way - so the choice was the buyers - nowadays- if you want a full (or even mid size) car it HAS to be a four door - almost all cars are either 4 door or 2 door - examples would be tedius to list

these are not mine - but just some ideas (pics from here)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Villlage Idiot

Villlage Idiot

3. Go2Hells

Go2Hells

I have 3 kids...... 4doors are cool if you like ..... if you listen for anyone else your the jackass... If your happy with it who cares......

4. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

I personally think it depends on the model that makes it 'cool'. If I was in your position with a kid on the way...I would certainly get a four door or a wagon! Sure, not many would be interested in buying it later on...but who says your're gonna sell it?

Would worry about the family first...then cars

5. chip chipman

chip chipman

My Merc is not a four door, It's a 2+2!!!

6. flthd

flthd

Your grandma likes my backseat too;)

7. gohst58

gohst58
    from dallas

I love my four door:D
    [​IMG]

8. primed34

primed34

A lot of the cars pictured in this thread have been bone stock cars with white walls and maybe lowered with twice pipes. That's not a hot rod or a custom, not even a mild custom. It's just an old car. Us older guys are counting on you younger guys to carry on the flame, but you need to know what it is.

9. TERPU

TERPU

Have you ever considered taking the money on buying another car (4-door) and just finishing yours with a nice upholstery?

Tim

10. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

I've owned several 4 doors and they have all been just as much fun to drive as the two doors I've owned.

Attached Files:

11. [QUOTE

[​IMG]

[/QUOTE]

these things are uber cool

12. gsport

gsport

i've been driving for over 40 years and still have never owned a 4 door car....

13. Dyce

Dyce

Back in 1990 I had, and still have, a 40 chevy 2dr. It had a 377 stroker with 4.11 gears, a hot cam, 2x4 carbs and low gears. Well someone pulled out in front of me and my wife at 45 mph. It was screwed up bad. At the time I had a 68 chevy impala 4dr with a 307 and a glide I took the 307 out and put the 377 in with a 350 turbo, a 3000 stall convertor, dual exhaust and headers. it was a blast!!! It was a car I could beat the crap out of and just not have alot to loose. I wouldn't stick a bunch of money into a 4dr unless it was a 1929-1936 ford myself, but they are sleeper kings.

14. Then you must be a necropheliac, ya perv

15. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

4 door 2 door who cares...make it yours and make is cool and traditional... this thread has run it's course and it going out the back door.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.