Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Spun bearing 14 days b4 "roundup"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choprodinc, Mar 18, 2011.

1. choprodinc

choprodinc

First really nice night in along time, so thought I would take the 28 into San Antone for a little cruise. Car running really well/smooth for the first 30 miles then something changed. The tone of the exhaust got deep, it's an open car so it was alittle hard to hear. Stuck my head out from behind the windshield and then it happened.... realizing I had a problem I quickly pulled over and the car died! Pulled the dipstick and no coolant or bubbles, pulled the valve cover to ck for broken rocker arm, everything looks good, went to crank engine and it turned over tight. made a couple of calls, Jim Reynolds from Boerne called me back first and said he was on his way. Then Chris and Trent from Boerne Stage Kustoms both called me back to come to the rescue, told them I had someone on the way, then Butch and Tammy called wanting to help. Can't tell you how Thankful I am to have friends who will drop what they are doing to "help a brutha" out when it's needed. Thanks to everyone! Got the roadster back to Butch's house(he was closest) played with the distibutor abit and got the engine to turn long enough to hear the bearing squeel like a stuck pig! 14 days begore the Roundup... are you shiting me? last year didn't get car ready in time for the Roundup... this year BULLSHIT! I'm taking no prisoners, pulling the engine and trans tonight will have them back from machine shop and trans shop mid week, stabbing back in next weekend. WE WILL MAKE THE ROUNDUP! I see late nights and beer drinking in the forecast... see ya there MF's.
    P.S. special Thanx to Chris from Boerne Stage Kustoms for helping me get my car back home and loaning me everthing I need to get this accomplished... if you are in the area, and in need of some HOTROD/CUSTOM shit. Go see Chris and Trent at Boerne Stage, great guys and mucho/mad skills!:eek:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  2. choprodinc

choprodinc

3. Well,,it is better for it to be 14 days before,,rather than during the drive there?
    What engine is it?
    You should get it together in time,,,just keep working.

Tommy

4. THE BRONSON

THE BRONSON

Texans helping Texans.....the way it is. Thrash brotha thrash!

5. choprodinc

choprodinc

Desoto, I'm a freak... I actaully put a sbf in my Henry Ford. '64 289 5bolt bellhousing pattern. been a good little engine, poor little guy just couldn't handle the cam I just stuck in it. i'll post some pics as i go through the next 14 days!

6. davidh73750

davidh73750

find a craigslist engine cheap maybe and get it there.

7. 42 chevy

42 chevy

Good luck, I hope you get it done in time.

8. choprodinc

choprodinc

No problem... puttin on my cape as we speak!

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Amen, to that. It would have been hell to have it go out on the way to Austin.

10. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Sorry to hear about your motor, so get this motor back together and make that Round-up.

11. Hey Choprod,

Its been 10 days,,you got it going?

Tommy