Register now to get rid of these ads!

48 Ford shop truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jgb7038, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Panelrodder

Panelrodder

In the photos of your interior fabrication, what are you using to hold the panel board to the truck? They look like modern plastic panel clips, is that right? I'm at this point, once my truck is out of storage, and I've been thinking of using the same clips. How well do they work?

Do you have any additional pics of how you fab'd the headliner and the deep corners of of the back wall?

-Panelrodder

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  2. reaper71

reaper71

Very cool carpet red as well

3. jgb7038

jgb7038
    from Indiana

The plastic clips are what most people call christmas tree clips.The ones I use are made by Auveco_Our local supplier has them.They work really well. You drill and install them in the panel board,then just run your upholstery and padding right over them.

The rear cab corners are made of flexible board and fiberglass.I used some matte board for framing pictures.It holds its shape nice and can be formed relatively easy.The fiberglass bonds well to it also.I dont think I have many pictures of the actual fiberglassing of those pieces,but I can check when I get a chance.

4. Panelrodder

Panelrodder

That is exactly what I wanted to know! Thanks so much. My uncle works at an collision repair shop and I use to spend my evening working with him right after high school graduation. Its been years but I still remember those Christmas tree clips and that is exactly what I had in mind!

Any photos would be great but if not I understand, you have documented the rest of you build so well I don't expect you to have snapped shots of everything! Thanks for the info and any photos you can find.

-Panelrodder

5. 52 Thunder

52 Thunder
    from Canada

WOW.... you make it look easy ;) but we know it aint! Nice work man, looking forward to seeing the end result.

6. Ford-Man

Ford-Man

Nice. I am gonna have to check this one out when I get home to see the pictures.

7. jgb7038

jgb7038
    from Indiana

Well got a little side tracked today.The shop has become a pit from working on the truck lately.Since it was decent out today,took the opportunity to roll the truck outside and clean up the shop. Its the first time its been out since I started reassembly,so it also gave me a chance to see what its turning out like. My wife saw it was out,and came out and took some pictures,(she a much better photographer than me.)

So anyway,this is what the old truck looks like today.Its a bit dusty,and not completely finished but you can get a better idea of what it should look like......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I just need to get the rest of it finished up...........

8. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

9. oldman2

oldman2

Man, that thing looks good from any angle, nice job.

10. koolkemp

koolkemp

I love it ! How long till your ready for the 1st cruise?

11. HD74

HD74

Your truck is looking so sweet. You've got to be feel good now that your so close to the end. One excellent build.

12. onedge

onedge

I do give you credit for all the work you've done.

13. jgb7038

jgb7038
    from Indiana

I think I had a pretty productive week on the '48...........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its not finished,but I feel that I have finally crossed a major hurdle in the build....it actually runs and drives! Had the wife use her camera to shoot the video and the pictures this morning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still have a number of things to finish up.Took this week off to do that since its going to the upholstery shop on Friday. I really need to get it cleaned up too.....I think everything still has a layer of dust on it......

14. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

I am putting a 48 togather & have checked out this thread for some time. When you started with a free truck & had some plans for a shop truck that was going to be "rough around the edges" I pictured it to be right along the lines of what I am doing. You seemed to have polished things up a bit along the way. Yours is much nicer than mine will ever be but thanks for all the inspiration along the way. GREAT JOB!

15. Patrick46

Patrick46

Bravo!! Well Done!!!

16. davo461

davo461

I thought I didn't like '48 F1s. Turned out I was wrong! Fantastic effort; please continue the postings.

17. 38 coupe

38 coupe
    from Texas

Any updates on the truck?

18. jgb7038

jgb7038
    from Indiana

Just waiting on the interior shop to get done with it................

19. endlessearth

endlessearth

Beautiful work. Love the exhaust.

20. jgb7038

jgb7038
    from Indiana

Well much to my surprise,I got a call this morning that my truck was done.I told my wife,and her response was"so when are we leaving to pick it up?" I think she is as excited about it as I am.So off we went.

I am very happy with the results.It took 1 week longer that it was supposed to,but I think it was well worth the wait!Any way,my wife took a few pictures,okay quite a few......so here they are.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She started to mess around with the her camera settings,and took some more......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. That is dead sexy on so many levels!

Now, if you'll excuse me I have to wipe up the drool on my keyboard. :p

22. koolkemp

koolkemp

Absolutely beautiful ! I am kinda bummed out cause its finished....whats next in line?

23. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

suprisingy....it works.....good job

24. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

I've posted a few times in this thread that I don't usually like the fenderless type trucks because most just don't have the flow, they are a cab hacked up and put on a frame with wheels sticking out. This truck is a work of art. You have been able to make everything flow and the interior is hard to rate, it's just perfect! I am a Bonus Built lover and hate to see them hacked up but this truck has been done right, every post is more amazing than the last. Thanks for sharing.

25. jgb7038

jgb7038
    from Indiana

Thanks. Im going to get back on my Plymouth.Its about time I get it finished.

[​IMG]

26. jhutch713

jhutch713

I'm impressed, real good work. Nice looking welds too, its really a lost artform. Thanks -J

27. Same basic idea, but they veer off in wildly different directions... Poor Boy John's (Wile E. Coyote) 47 Chevy Sedan based pickup...
    [​IMG]

28. DustyBarnfinds

DustyBarnfinds

As a lot of other people have said, there are a hundred different reasons why this build should have turned out to be just junk, but you've pulled it off. Take great pride not only that you did it yourself, but that you did something that most people couldn't have had the vision to make work once it was done. Well crafted.

29. Patrick46

Patrick46

WOW...Phoenominal job!!! This really turned out nice! Well done!!!

30. gotra66

gotra66

Incredible. Those red seats against the black body look great. This build was fun to watch progress. Good luck on the plymouth.